Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Me and boyfriend are always tired

User Profile: Butterfly401
Butterfly401 February 3rd, 2021

I have been strugling a couple of month now that i get extremly tired all of a sudden. Like i have to sleep or else i wont be able to function. In the middle of the day. And I dont know why that is. My boyfriend (we live together) is the same. He is probaly worse than me. He sleeps for almost 14 hours a day.... all he does is sleep i feel like. I try to keep a more healthy life with 8 hours of good quality sleep. However, everyday at around 3-5pm I get sooo tired. If I have lectures I also fall asleep around 10-12am. Anyone have any ideas to why that is? Please help!!

1
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean February 4th, 2021

@Butterfly401

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues and struggling with feeling so fatigued! That can certainly be discouraging and difficult especially when you have things to do and take of but no energy to do it.

Well first.... (going on my medical background here).. I would say to Rule Out anything. Such as did either of you have any particular illness/sickness recently? I ask this first, only because with COVID going around , this has been One of the main symptoms for many. Feeling so fatigued and tired. And you say its happening to the both of you. So I just wanted to rule that out first if you've been checked/tested etc....

Next....How is your sleep schedule? I know you say you try to get a good 8 Hours of sleep and that is a great number to shoot for. However, I must ask, is it a "Quality" 8 hours? Meaning what times do you lay down and what times do you wake up? If "this" is off, (such as you lay down at 3 am and wake up at 11am .... Or lay down at 2 am and wake up at 10am)... while yes, you are in fact getting the full 8hours, BUT.. you the quality of the rest you are getting with these hours are probably not the best! If that makes sense.

Also, .... When you are sleeping, do you find yourself waking up throughout the night (to use the restroom, or for any other reasons like tossing and turning, having trouble sleeping etc....)? As these could affect the actual amount of sleep you are actually getting.

It is known that many do tend to fall into an "Afternoon Slump" between the hours of 2-5pm.... And it could be due to many various things. (Which is why many also to turn to caffiene such as teas and coffees) to help keep them awake. But its recommended that if this is happeneing that perhaps setting your alarm and taking just a simple 10-20 minute Nap and 'no more' than that, can help to Re-Fresh the body to continue forward through the day.

The bottom line is that there could be many reasons why you are feeling this way, but I would Take a look at your "Overall Habits" (the way you sleep, your bedtime ritual, your daily diet and eating habits, etc...) to see if these could be affecting why you feel the way you do during the midday hours. BUT........ I also would suggest to perhaps getting a physcial with your healthcare provider as well or a local clinic of sorts to help you rule out any other issues. Like getting a Blood panel done (which could tell you if you have Thyroid isses, or if something is off with your Iron levels etc....which meds or vitamins could help with) AND LASTLY... To be sure that you weren't exposed to Covid in anyway.

Best of luck to you going forward and hopefully you will come to the right answer for yourself and your boyfriend going forward. And start implementing ways or things that could help!