Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sensational Summer Salads

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener August 14th, 2023

So summer is in full swing, my favourite type of food to make (and eat) this time of year is one of the many different summer salads! From potato and pasta, to beans and greens, there are so many summer salads to love!

salad-1_1692023914.png

[Image consists of a close up of potato, green and pasta salads]


Here is one of my favourite summer salad recipes.

Bean Salad (Serves 6-8)

Ingredients:

1 - 19 oz can chickpeas, drained

1 - 19 oz can kidney beans, drained

1 - 14 oz can green beans, drained

1 - 12 oz can whole kernel corn, undrained

¼ cup red onion

2½ tbsp balsamic vinegar

6 cloves garlic, minced

3 tbsp granulated sugar

2½ tbsp dried basil

1½ tsp salt

1½ tsp ground black pepper

6 tbsp olive oil

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, combine the drained chickpeas, kidney beans, green beans, red onion, and undrained corn.

  2. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients.

  3. Pour this mixture over the beans and fold to combine.

  4. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour before serving.

  5. Enjoy!

Variation: I often make up a 340g box of whole wheat Moroccan couscous and mix it with the bean salad, it’s a great way to take it up a level.


salad-2_1692024076.png

[Image consists of a close up of bean, pasta and garden salads]


Now it’s your turn to mix it up!

  • What is your favourite kind of summer salad?

  • Main course or on the side, how do you enjoy your summer salads?

  • Do people dive into your potato salad? Do mouths water for your pasta salad? Maybe your greens are on everyone’s plate? Please share that recipe everyone is always asking for with us!



Feedback & Ideas Form Share your ideas!

Tagging the Hobby Zone subcommunity tag list

(If you want to be added/removed click here!) @adaptableOcean4193 @Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @beachyone @BelovedMe @butdoesanyonenotice @calmmoon2104 @calmSky3414 @charmingSky5972 @confidentrabbit7311 @CosmicMiracle @DipityEnigma @EchoicEternity @EmotionsListener @FallandWinterPlease00 @hiraxx @Interestingkiwi @interlligentshawzk @intoxfantasy @jujubears @Katieinbloom @LadyOrgasma @Liv125 @Lou73 @lyricalAngel70 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @MunchieTaters @NicholasW @Paisleykaat @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @PurpleLady568 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @theboymoana @tidyHickory3283 @victoriousblue17 @Walker7957 @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie


5
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 August 15th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

My favourite salad is one where I have grown all the ingredients. It doesn’t matter what it tastes like, it's the satisfaction that flavours it.

2 replies
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 20th, 2023

@Clio9876

Fresh from your own garden is definitely delicious, I miss having room to grow my own food. Also things really do taste different when you eat them within a few hours of picking them.

Thank you for sharing!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

1 reply
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 August 21st, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Im sorry you don't have growing space. Its a great luxury, indeed.

load more
load more
User Profile: Lou73
Lou73 August 16th, 2023

Thanks for the recipe @EmotionsListener ! I can imagine salads are great in the hot weather and I know it's been very warm in many places around the globe lately. It's been very autumnal here so far (shouldn't speak too soon) but I always love potatoes in all forms!

yahia-potato.gif

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 20th, 2023

@Lou73

Oh I love potato salad, I'm supposed to make some this afternoon in fact, but my potato salad recipe is rather lacking in information. It's quite literally a list of ingredients with no measurements at all! The first time I made it I was rather intimidated but I think the having to judge as I go while making it really helped me to move away from the precision of baking and into the feel of cooking.

Hope you get to have some delicious potatoes soon. Although if it stays autumnal you might want some potato soup instead!

Thanks for joining in!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more