Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Would You Add to a Warm Bowl of Rice? 🍚🍛🍙

User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella June 2nd, 2024

unnamed_1717302535.jpg

Picture a steaming bowl of fluffy white rice waiting for you 🍚🍙

What's the move? Toss on a couple of sunny-side-up eggs? 🥚🍳 Couple it with sizzling Spam? 🍖 Or go green with a bunch of veggies? 🥔🥕🥦 I'm in desperate need for some new ways to spice up the ol' rice routine, so I'm all ears! 🔥💪

Got any quirky combos or flavor-packed suggestions?

121
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch July 2nd, 2024

@sweetnutella

Aw man, so many delectable choices…but right now I’m imagining fried eggs, bacon, and stir-fried chickpeas, tofu and broccoli seasoned with garlic and lemon! 🤤

…Now I’m hungry again. 🤣

1 reply
User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella OP July 23rd, 2024

@TheAutumnWitch broccoli will certainly add some crispiness into the mixture 🔥🔥 I personally would add cauliflower, too, for some extra crunch. Thank you for sharing!!

load more
User Profile: JustMeAlways
JustMeAlways July 4th, 2024

@sweetnutella A hearty broth, whatever protein is leftover in the fridge and some veggies. 

Or, cream of whatever soup, leftover protein, tater tots on top and bake with cheese. 

Or, go lazy... salt and pepper with butter. 

1 reply
User Profile: belami2024
belami2024 October 13th, 2024

@JustMeAlways

Rice with clarified butter (ghee).

load more
User Profile: heysteph4
heysteph4 July 6th, 2024

@sweetnutella, I would add a fried egg, soy sauce, and eat with little sheets of seaweed.

User Profile: tuffattack
tuffattack July 7th, 2024

@sweetnutella

I love a nice rice bowl. 

I usually have some sort of protein (chicken, steak, pork), soy sauce, a variety of vegetables (avocado, cucumber etc), a little bit of an egg. 

1 reply
User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella OP July 23rd, 2024

@tuffattack protein + carbs from the rice will certainly help us stay full longer! 🔥💪 I can eat a plate of this and won't feel hungry for half a day!

load more
User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart July 13th, 2024

@sweetnutella


I would add some shredded chicken that I cooked in a crockpot with some sweet and tangy sauce. I would also add some veggies and pineapple. 😋

1 reply
User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella OP July 23rd, 2024

@LovingPeacefulHeart pineapple on rice 😵 is this the same pineapple on pizza dilemma?!

load more
User Profile: FlamingRain
FlamingRain July 14th, 2024

toast some Nori sheets and turn them into sprinkles for your rice with sesame seeds or buy some Nori Kome Furikake. Soy Sauce fried rice is also basic but good. Also some chicken adobo flakes!

1 reply
User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella OP July 23rd, 2024
@FlamingRain Nori Kome Furikake? And chicken adobo flakes? Wow, I've never heard of any of these before! Is it like a seaweed brand? And what is chicken adobo? A local cuisine, maybe? 🤔
1 reply
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 September 2nd, 2024

@sweetnutella Dunno about "chicken adobo" but adobo itself is the Mexican equivalent of seasoned salt...basically an all-purpose seasoning. I've heard that some of our Latin American emigres sprinkle it in/on practically everything they cook.

load more
load more
User Profile: lasirenadelsol
lasirenadelsol July 16th, 2024

For breakfast, I like doing rice, eggs and chopped bacon or ham :)

1 reply
User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella OP July 23rd, 2024

@lasirenadelsol ahh you can never go wrong with a classic, indeed!

load more
User Profile: Idontbelongtothisplanet
Idontbelongtothisplanet July 21st, 2024

@sweetnutella the hello kitty soy sauce is wild 🙏

User Profile: 1maginaryfriend
1maginaryfriend July 22nd, 2024

I like to break eggs into my rice and toss it in a pan with butter. I add some soy and a generous squirt of wasabi and mix it up as well as I can. The wasabi can be tough to break up, so you may get a bite that shoots up your nose! I’ve tried powdered wasabi, but it’s not the same. 


This is a quick meal that may fall a little short on nutrition, but really makes you feel alive!
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 July 22nd, 2024

Sweet and sour chicken, and orange chicken <3