Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Would You Add to a Warm Bowl of Rice? 🍚🍛🍙

User Profile: sweetnutella
sweetnutella June 2nd, 2024

unnamed_1717302535.jpg

Picture a steaming bowl of fluffy white rice waiting for you 🍚🍙

What's the move? Toss on a couple of sunny-side-up eggs? 🥚🍳 Couple it with sizzling Spam? 🍖 Or go green with a bunch of veggies? 🥔🥕🥦 I'm in desperate need for some new ways to spice up the ol' rice routine, so I'm all ears! 🔥💪

Got any quirky combos or flavor-packed suggestions?

121
User Profile: fruityCherry7666
fruityCherry7666 August 7th, 2024

@sweetnutella

My favorite easy way to spice up rice is to add scrambled eggs and scallions cooked in soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil sauce. It is divine!

User Profile: jonghyunnie
jonghyunnie August 19th, 2024

@sweetnutella gochujang, kimchi, or making bibimbap! ~ 

User Profile: timetravelingJedi
timetravelingJedi August 19th, 2024

@sweetnutella

Most often I like rice just by itself. Boring, I know, but so good. I do like steamed veggies in it too.

User Profile: Umiboshi
Umiboshi August 22nd, 2024

Hi! If you haven’t tried this yet. Google “Chazuke”, it’s a staple dish in Japanese cuisine. Very simple to make and there’s various easy ways to make it. A very simple one Ochazuke, is made by pouring hot Japanese green or brown tea in a small bowl of rice, and topped often with an umeboshi plum, Japanese pickles and perhaps some sesame seeds or furikake. It’s often served as a last dish, or simply on it’s own for a warm snack. 😊

User Profile: Miku2007
Miku2007 August 22nd, 2024

Butter to make oily rice ^^

User Profile: filodilo
filodilo August 22nd, 2024

@sweetnutella one of those packets of frozen mixed vegetables and tumeric 

User Profile: HopefulOne81
HopefulOne81 August 22nd, 2024

@sweetnutella  Organic Raw Sugar and Butter!

User Profile: belami2024
belami2024 October 13th, 2024

@sweetnutella

Rice with curds or buttermilk, and pickle is good.

User Profile: goldenOwl3655
goldenOwl3655 October 13th, 2024

What a nice picture!