Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Photos of plant life

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens November 25th, 2022

This thread is for photos of plant life, for the plant lovers.

304
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 10th, 2023

_1673384113.20210926_180413_HDR.jpg

User Profile: recliningfate
recliningfate January 10th, 2023

So beautiful! What is it?

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 10th, 2023

@recliningfate It's a blue wonder toad lily :)

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 10th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul That is spectacular!

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 10th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens @recliningfate

Thank you! 😊

load more
User Profile: recliningfate
recliningfate January 10th, 2023

Thank you! So gorgeous!

User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 September 24th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

Soul, that is marvelous I want to try to grow one in my flower bed❤️

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: recliningfate
recliningfate January 10th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

_1673387062.IMG-20230110-WA0000.jpg



It works on my tablet! This is an African Violet I have just brought home. So pretty.

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 10th, 2023

Wow that’s beautiful! And sweet that it worked on your tablet!💕🌸

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 10th, 2023

@recliningfate I love the color!

User Profile: InquireWithin
InquireWithin January 24th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

@recliningfate

I love the color too!

load more
User Profile: ArianKae
ArianKae April 2nd, 2023

@recliningfate

Love the color!

load more
User Profile: Espejo
Espejo January 11th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

Thanks for creating this thread 🌞 Here are some flowers from my backyard 🌸

_1673399332.20230110_182216.jpg


User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 11th, 2023

Ohhhhh are those beautiful lilies??? So pretty!

User Profile: Espejo
Espejo January 11th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

I think so :) I had a couple more pics I wanted to upload of a palm tree and another big plant, but my photos weren't coming out right 🌴

Love all the photos that have been uploaded, especially the one of the 400 year-old tree you took with the lichen 🍄 Nature is lovely, wish we could be more connected with it year round 🌿

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 11th, 2023

Agree!

load more
load more
User Profile: ArianKae
ArianKae April 2nd, 2023

@Espejo

Such delicate and pretty flowers!

load more
User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 11th, 2023

_1673464376.IMG_0308.jpeg

This tree is doomed.

The part of the photo I didn't take was the red belt it was wearing. The forestry folks mark the trees that are to be taken down.

However, I was captivated by the blue mold growing gently on this old bark. The years of life this tree has had. I found the texture to be something in which I could get lost.

You might say, "Get lost! This is not a pretty flower!"

I would retort, "But this tree has lived longer than you, or your parents, or your grandparents, or even your great-grandparents. It has seen so many changes. Its fungal network will help the other trees of the forest to communicate once it rots away. It's a key to our survival. Even half dead it churns out hundreds of foot pounds of oxygen, converting the carbon layer into useable breathable air. Do you like to breathe? Thank a tree."

User Profile: ArianKae
ArianKae April 2nd, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

I think it's cool! Flowers are pretty but I also love seeing interesting stuff like this, thanks for sharing :)

load more
January 11th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

_1673477752.Screenshot_2023-01-11_22-55-33.png

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 11th, 2023

So pretty!

User Profile: recliningfate
recliningfate January 12th, 2023

Beautiful!

load more
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 24th, 2023

_1674532032.20220624_094701.jpg

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 24th, 2023

Wow, is that a Chocolate Lily? I love it!

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 24th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens Its called a Night Flyer?

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 24th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul Ohhhh, I never saw one of those before!!!!

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 25th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens I never had either but I saw it last year and had to get it lol

User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 September 24th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

Soul that is a very unusual flower and yet so pretty😊

I just learned something new about you Soul[ You are a flower lover and that is awesome😊

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul September 25th, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 It's a different color than what is usually here

🙂 lol thanks! I do like to grow flowers and there's a lot here. Lilies and irises and peonies come up every year. And an assortment of petunias and morning glories. The butterflies and hummingbirds like them 😊

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: recliningfate
recliningfate February 2nd, 2023

Stunning flower!

load more
User Profile: InquireWithin
InquireWithin January 24th, 2023

lovely thread on a cold January day!

Here's one from me: I took this photo of this unknown cactus, something probably in the Echeverria family. I like the geometry of the unfolding leaves. It's known as sacred geometry. You can look at a sunflower (the center with its patterning, not just the petals around the edges) to see another example of this. 😊

_1674571229.DSCN2311.JPG

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul January 24th, 2023

@InquireWithin This is so cool!

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP January 24th, 2023

@InquireWithin It looks like velvet.


User Profile: ArianKae
ArianKae April 2nd, 2023

@InquireWithin

Wow it looks fuzzy

load more
User Profile: Lilahsky7
Lilahsky7 January 24th, 2023

_1674589220.IMG_4011.jpeg

User Profile: animalWind6515
animalWind6515 January 24th, 2023

@Lilahsky7

This is absolutely stunning! what are these called?

User Profile: Lilahsky7
Lilahsky7 January 25th, 2023

Foxglove flowers :)

User Profile: InquireWithin
InquireWithin January 25th, 2023

@Lilahsky7 @animalWind6515

Yep, it's Digitalis purpurea, from which we get the heart medication digitalis. 😊 It once was considered a flower beloved by the fairies, in European folklore.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Kariaross
Kariaross January 25th, 2023

I love plants on my room but my mom hates it...


Just like the feeling of having plants by me it reminds me of nature...

User Profile: Rexxxxx
Rexxxxx January 25th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens_1674620659.8840AB01-F01F-48B2-BA9E-85924CF69450.jpeg

User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens OP February 2nd, 2023

@Rexxxxx Oh Rexxxx, this photo of a dandelion brings me fond memories of picking dandelions as a child and spreading the seeds far and wide!!!

User Profile: ArianKae
ArianKae April 2nd, 2023

@Rexxxxx

I love dandelions :)

load more