Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I finally got my new camera but I don't think I can make as good pictures with it.

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 April 19th, 2025

My new camera finally arrived from amazon.  I played around with the settings and took it outside and took some pictures.  Currently I'm not impressed with the results.  Still feel like my old Kodak camera which doesn't even turn on much anymore still was taking better pictures.  I find it hard to find a good camera within my price range anymore.

78
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Creek

01

01-anmp0044_1745530954.jpg

02

02-anmp0045_1745530969.jpg

03

03-anmp0046_1745530981.jpg

04

04-anmp0047_1745530992.jpg

05

05-anmp0048_1745531014.jpg

06

06-anmp0052_1745531027.jpg

07

07-anmp0053_1745531040.jpg

08

08-anmp0054_1745531052.jpg

09

09-anmp0055_1745531067.jpg

10

10-anmp0056_1745531083.jpg

11

11-anmp0058_1745531098.jpg

12

12-anmp0059_1745531111.jpg

13

13-anmp0060_1745531124.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Face on Tree

01

01-anmp0037_1745531208.jpg

02

02-anmp0037_1745531219.jpg

03

03-anmp0038_1745531232.jpg

04

04-anmp0038_1745531244.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Field and Woods

01

01-anmp0061_1745531321.jpg

02

02-anmp0062_1745531333.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Lane

01

01-anmp0063_1745531411.jpg

02

02-anmp0064_1745531425.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Pine Cones

01

01-anmp0066_1745531583.jpg

02

02-anmp0067_1745531599.jpg

03

03-anmp0068_1745531616.jpg

04

04-anmp0069_1745531633.jpg

05

05-anmp0070_1745531653.jpg

06

06-anmp0071_1745531670.jpg

07

07-anmp0070_1745531995.jpg

08

08-anmp0070_1745532007.jpg

09

09-anmp0070_1745532021.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

Pond

01

01-anmp0042_1745532122.jpg

02

02-anmp0043_1745532142.jpg

03

03-anmp0049_1745532154.jpg

04

04-anmp0050_1745532165.jpg

05

05-anmp0051_1745532178.jpg


2 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 24th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 I love the pond and creek pictures the best 💖 there's something quite magical about water💖

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 24th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11  I am glad you like them.  I wish the green was darker green in the pictures.

load more
load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 26th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11 

I am trying to understand my Camera and my Charger/Discharger.  Here is some new pictures.

01  Original but Resized.

01-800x600-aatp0081_1745675549.jpg

02 Sharpened with GNU Image Manipulation Program and Resized.

02-800x600-sharpened-aatp0081_1745675566.jpg

03  Just Resized.  The camera seemed to focus good for a close up.

02-aatp0086_1745675580.jpg

6 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 26th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 looking good💖 glad your getting the hang of it

5 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 26th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11  I don't say I am...  I do a lot of things I don't really know how to do.  😉

4 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 26th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 you'll work it out

3 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 26th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11  This is actually a fairly cheap camera.  I guess it doesn't do too bad for the price.

screenshot-2025-04-26-17-19-14_1745702456.png

2 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 26th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 it looks like a nice camera💖

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 26th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11  It does have more stuff than I need.  It comes with two rechargeable batteries. I can't use up one of them.  lol  Also I upgraded the memory card to 128 gig.  I don't need that much storage either.  My only complaint is that I don't think it captures the green grass as good as it should.  I wish I could put it on a timer like my other cameras could.  This one goes into 3 picture mode on a three second timer. It works, but not always convent.  I guess you get what you pay for.  I wish I could adjust the exposer easier.  I wish I could get into the picture previews easier.  There are a few things I would make different if I could design my own camera.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

@jacek73

@aquaPomegranate2694

@amicableox0685

@geistbaum71

@Ammulu6

I have some new sets of pictures the rest will appear under this post.

Bird House

aatp0115_1745795575.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

Corn and Bean Field.

aatp0136_1745795879.jpg

2 replies
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 April 27th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

I moved from the city to a rural area. There are many cows in some parts. Funny cause a buddy move into a home where cows lived on the other side. He pretty much had to beg his kids not to  go over petting them because...lol

Country life is so serene. Being here reminds me of old times. I'm getting older so I needed a slower pace setting.

It's giving me time to recharge, so never feel alone bro. Take it easy and use some time while between jobs to recharge.

You're new camera looks sweet. I remember a while back this older friend gave me a camera. He had all this tech that he planned to use but never got around to. Cameras, tripods, and video cameras.

Sadly I moved around to much to keep up with it...

I use to draw a lot growing up, didn't really start producing anything until my early thirties. Learned a lot about angles and what not.

Some pictures I post here are representative of that. 

I don't really draw anymore. Have no time...such is life...all you have and not enough time to explore it all.

Do what you can when you can...and enjoy the heck out of it. Savor those wins...

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

@amicableox0685  Thank you for your comment and advice.  I'm using GIMP and Shotwell to alter these pictures some.

load more
load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

Field, I tried to get some pictures of the Deer in the distance, but the zoom in feature doesn't do so good on this camera.  On this camera it behaves more like cropping.  Where as my other cameras actually does zoom in.  I also used GIMP to do some color correction.

aatp0183_1745796180.jpg