Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the best hobby to meet people :)

User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan March 17th, 2023

: )

117
User Profile: Sleepwalkermw
Sleepwalkermw March 21st, 2023

@JackieMan

Yoga class!

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 21st, 2023

@Sleepwalkermw Yoga is good :)

User Profile: conscientiousWheel4169
conscientiousWheel4169 April 16th, 2023

@Sleepwalkermw. Good one. I have anxiety around people but I know I must face my fear.

load more
User Profile: Soul4support
Soul4support March 21st, 2023

Walking, walking is healthy, it improves your mood and body, by simply walking around where you live, you will meet those living close to you and they are considered 'neighbours' so you have all the reasons to smile and say nice things to them, you will be a familiar nice person to them quickly, the rest is easy, keep up the good stuff.


Another one even more fun, going to crowded places where people are busy with something, such as shopping malls, markets and such, those retail workers, shopkeepers often look for any reason to be in a nice interaction, they like it when someone manage to make them smile or laugh, so they are your best choice to practice your social skills, keep interactions short, simple, related to something they see or know about, if you keep doing it, you will known to someone as a 'nice person who can be trusted'.


it's all about starting and showing respect and peace even if you don't think at first that they deserve your respect or time.


I enjoy being around those simple poor people, they are pure, simple, safe, loyal, humbled, they appreciate the little things, they try to express positive feelings as much as they can because they want they enjoy your company.


Anyway, those good souls that merge peacefully with you are there somewhere.. hidden, waiting for someone that understands them and appreciate them regardless of their nature, keep looking in the right places and you will find them, and keep that face peaceful and welcoming.

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 21st, 2023

@Soul4support walking is great for health :)

load more
User Profile: tosai
tosai March 21st, 2023

Volunteering! If you like animals/nature, you can volunteer with your local NGOs. If you are into board games, you can reach out to the makers community to join as play testers! If you like sports, perhaps your local community/work place have weekly session where you can join. Nowdays there are a lot of hobbyist holding small events/meet ups to well, talk/share about the hobby. Evem mechanical keyboards have meet ups! If you are open to meeting new groups of people this way that is. Best of luck!

1 reply
User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday March 21st, 2023

@tosai

Play testers LOL. (Inside joke)

load more
User Profile: luvstries
luvstries March 22nd, 2023

@JackieMan playing online games is a definite one ! i can be someone else and when im too hyper or too sad i just get on and i feel at peace with the world !! roblox is like, my favorite. i don't have to be the stuttery anxious teen i am irl, i can be an energetic fun girl playing with my friends even if im not feeling great irl :)

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 23rd, 2023

@luvstries Games are fun and nice :)

load more
User Profile: rainyhug47
rainyhug47 March 23rd, 2023

@JackieMan probably sports or clubs, just be yourself and if they don’t like you then that’s their loss

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 23rd, 2023

@rainyhug47 Nice suggestion. Thanks

load more
User Profile: Jewels012222
Jewels012222 March 25th, 2023

@JackieMan

My friend would say pickleball. She says it's a game can be played very non-competitively or very competitively, that just about anyone can play it.

I would say volunteering somewhere. Maybe a food pantry or a pet shelter.

Oh, another friend made great friends when she joined a hiking club.

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 25th, 2023

@Jewels012222 These are all great points :) thanks for sharing

load more
User Profile: Smile207
Smile207 March 25th, 2023

Traveling

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 26th, 2023

@Smile207 Thanks for sharing :)

load more
User Profile: deathbyalast0r
deathbyalast0r March 25th, 2023

@JackieMan I usually collect rocks

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 26th, 2023

@deathbyalast0r My friend hank collects minerals too :)

load more
User Profile: dxiong2
dxiong2 March 26th, 2023

There’s this thing called wine and paint that I’ve seen people do and meet others. Other things I do to meet people are conventions. I like art. So I usually go to some type of art convention in town and talk with the artist about their work and get their contact info (usually a business card or an *** page). I don’t go to the sophisticated art convention about gothic painting, etc etc. Usually like an anime convention where artist and creators showcase their work or something related to graphic design where I learn more about my profession.

1 reply
User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan OP March 26th, 2023

@dxiong2 Love anime conventions

load more
User Profile: zxalastor
zxalastor March 28th, 2023

@JackieMan I tend to write stories on paper whenever I have the chance.