Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

You can be an adult with responsibilities... and still feel like a child inside.

bef567b5-69cf-4a42-a562-1ba071d07c97_1791124778.png

I'm still struggling with panic attacks as of lately, but now that I bought myself a new notebook to journal into, stickers (all from shows/films about vehicles, namely Cars, Hot Wheels, and Transformers), pastel markers, and a coloring book (ALSO of Cars), I've been thinking about how my old ways to work also affected my mental health and how I fight dark thoughts.

I thought, maybe the reason why I find it difficult to get schoolwork done is because I don't even know what to write down. I bought a Kuromi binder (along with two other Kuromi notebooks) last month while I waited for a fiscal appointment (still glad I got attended early, because it was raining!), and just yesterday I started writing down an extended version of what I'll write in the schoolwork itself. It might also serve for archival purposes in the not-so-distant future.

As an early bird, I often take advantage of the morning hours to exercise and shower, but I was motivated to do something different; blowing bubbles and stepping into the rain, in PJs, with a plushie in hand. I probably did both exercise and an express shower while at it. LOL. That aside, I've been playing plenty of the games I have on my Switch gallery, both to get their stories completed at least once, and because some of them are most likely going to be buried in incompatibility once I buy a Switch 2.

Still. With stickers, bubbles, notebooks with designs, coloring books, scrapbooks, an Instax, and crayons... I feel like the child I've always wanted to be, while still being present with school and chores. In fact, on the day I washed my three blouses by hand, I thought "why go to the gym when I can use the scrubber on the sink to train my endurance?" There are... other ways... that I train my endurance with, and it even helps me redefine my own intimacy. I'll leave it at that.

Note: The photo I shared almost looks like it's from a child's 90s life before bed. But it was taken with an Instax Pal, the character is Ribbit from The Amazing Digital Circus, and it was quite early in the morning when I snapped it.

7
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree Sunday

@frutigerLadybug7704

It's a great idea to get into Journaling.. Hopefully it will benefit your mental health and give you something creative to do. 🌲

WumHRJJW.gif

User Profile: Verdegris
Verdegris Sunday

Hi @frutigerLadybug7704! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
It's wonderful that you are exploring these activities as an adult that you may not have been able to express fully as a child. It's important that your inner child feels seen, too! It sounds like you've been indulging a lot in your interests, and that's great!
Lovely picture, very sweet. I hope you continue to balance tending to your needs with your responsibilities. Furthermore, I hope you enjoy journaling!9QovxHckPhk5.gif

@frutigerLadybug7704
I can totally relate to you. I've been trying out new things lately like coloring books, animals shaped crayons, stuffed animals, watching animations and those really help me with my anxiety. Sometimes I just draw circles or triangles.

So sorry to here

I'm struggling myself

Plz read the community section of grief and loss dated 20th Aug,2026 and give your suggestions below that thread itself.

Deeply appreciate

@frutigerLadybug7704
I really love this! Thank you for sharing!
(also completely unrelated but Ribbit Plushie :D)

As somebody who struggles with DID and age regresses, I like to keep that stuff around, though for me, its rubber ducks! However, it's really nice that you are finding that inner child and the way you are coping is wonderful!
(sending hugs if it's Okie ^^)

load more
User Profile: GreenLime3141
GreenLime3141 2 days ago

I really loved reading your post. Your writing style is very engaging.