Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone have trouble relating to others as an aro ace?

November 16th, 2021

I was wondering if other people feel like I do, where you kind of feel like this weird alien and not totally human because you are aromantic asexual.

I thought things would get better as I get older but I actually think it's gotten worse. People in my age range always prioritize relationships and family over friends, and it feels like you're a burden when you try to maintain a friendship with them.

3
User Profile: FinleyTews
FinleyTews November 17th, 2021

@DitaBear It is really hard to live in a society that puts romance higher than friendships and is crazy about the topic of sex. I wonder if you're currently in any aro and/or ace groups? There are many on Facebook and personally I find them very helpful in terms of feeling less out of place. How would you feel about talking to your friends about wanting to spend more time together?

November 17th, 2021

@FinleyTews I did join a few smaller sites and made some friends there. As for RL friends, they’re all busy with their own lives, and as a woman with a lot of male friends, it can be hard to coordinate anything as I’ve had bad luck with their wives and girlfriends.

load more
User Profile: heavenshadow
heavenshadow November 19th, 2021

@DitaBear yeah i feel the same