Are you new to the LGBTQ+/MOGII sub-community in April? Join in and say hi!
First off I want to take a moment to welcome you to the LGBTQ+/MOGII sub-community forums! I'm Emotions, I identify as she/her. I am a community mentor and chatroom moderator for the LGBTQ+/MOGII sub-community here on 7 Cups. Hopefully we can connect here in the forums and/or you can join in one of our group discussions.
To navigate the forums I recommend filtering by topic as a good place to start. By filtering for discussion and resources you may find a variety of discussions on different topics that affect LGBTQ+/MOGII people. Maybe you’d rather join in some fun with an icebreaker?
Are there challenges you feel you have faced as an LGBTQ+/MOGII person? Maybe you’d like to share yours or learn about the challenges others have faced by joining in this discussion!
If you’d like to be notified about check ins, discussions and other fun events, think about adding yourself to the subcommunity taglist here!
Maybe you prefer group chats, if so join us in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support chatroom(teens click here, or adults click here). You can also check the community calendar here to find out about upcoming scheduled discussions.
This month we will celebrate International Asexuality Day (Apr 6), the Day of Silence (Apr 14), and Lesbian Visibility Day (Apr 26) as a community. Events for each may be hosted here in the forums and/or group chats so keep an eye out and join in!
If you’d like to share:
What are your preferred pronouns? Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels in particular?
April is often known for rain, and with rain come rainbows, so what are some things you like about rainy weather? Do you hide out indoors or head out with your umbrella?
Can you think of any topics you’d like to talk more about?

[Image consists of the inside of a rainbow umbrella]
Tagging our newest subscribers:
@raspberryberries09 @LoRogers @quietEast6129 @funnyLake2986 @CrossdressCole @kyotocat @Charspond765 @NacliaBlue @lion5equin0x @scarletComputer4125 @sorrowfulJester9863 @candecane @Barltik2065 @ReiShigetsu @NightingaleListens @lovelacedotcom @laina25 @SupportiveFroggy3711 @JTtheListener @MatildeW
@EmotionsListener
I go by they/them, and I'm nonbinary and asexual. My romantic attraction is unlabeled, because it's really complicated to fit into any boxes.
Sometimes I'll go out in the rain just because. It's relaxing, and the sound of rain falling is just amazing
I've been looking for a name that fits me for a while, at least two years. How did other trans people find names that fit them?
@DepressedCookie5
Hello, welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity! I hope you will find lots of support and understanding in this space.
I also enjoy going out in the rain once the weather is warmer, I find it feel like rinsing clean emotionally at times. The sound of rain can also be very soothing.
As to trying to find a name, perhaps you'd appreciate this thread about name changes. It can certainly be challenging to find a new name that fits and feels right, and even when we find one we like, it can take time to get used to thinking of ourselves by that name. I hope you will find one that feels right for you.
Again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
My name is Dee. I use he/him pronouns. I identify as demisexual, pan sexual, trans man. I prefer to stay indoors on the rainy days chilling with my indoor cats. As far as topics, honestly I’m more exploring at this point and getting a feel for the community here.
Hey guys very new here I go by She/her pronouns. I’m a Demisexual female in her 30’s.
Rain tends to be my happy space, I love listening to it on the roof or curling up in my chair with a good book and the windows opens.
hope everyone has a fantastic month!
@Simplylostgirl
Welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity! We are always glad to welcome new people. On cool rainy days I would agree I like to listen to the rain while I curl up with my cat and read a good book. In fact, I might have to do that on the next rainy day we have here!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hope you have a fantastic month as well, and once again welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Tagging our newest subscribers: @MisMoxxie @limegreenBeing785 @livelyliv1234 @borderlinebaddie12 @theangelboi @bluebirdie141 @peacefulHeart1915 @DD3423 @sincereSummer140 @shyPenny5403 @lilnick22301 @WillowMaxHannigan @DecadentRose @bubbleIdea4054 @Marens24 @suijinn00 @Lexx24 @Carmic74
@EmotionsListener i don't rlly know what i am. im pretty sure im a girl but im still unsure whether im les, bi or straight. I don't even know how to comeout to my parents about this. Theres this girl at school and we basically hate each other and i think i like her and she like me. I have no idea what to do abt it.
@Crumusic
Welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity. It sounds like you are having a lot questioning about yourself and question about coming out and relationships as well. It can be a lot of uncertainty, but hopefully you will start to find more answers and few questions with time. I hope you will find this a space to explore some of those questions and share your experiences with others who have, or have had similar questions.
Once again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
@EmotionsListener Hey there! I use fae/ faer (or they/ them for people who struggle with neopronouns). I'm ace, probably aro too, and genderqueer/non binary. As for April rains, well, I live in a very rainy place, so I'm kinda used to it. It's starting to slacken, though, which means it's almost time to start gardening!
@Cheadar
Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity. I hope you will join in and find lots of support, understanding and acceptance here.
Time to start gardening sounds great, I hope the rains have further started to lift so you can get out and have the joy of watching things grow!
Once again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Hi. I'm not very talkative and not having a great time of it at the moment so...
I go by she/her or they/them pronouns. Ace, non-binary, panromantic. And I guess I love rain because my girlfriend does and also it's nice to listen to.
Anyway, that's all. I don't know how much you'll hear from me but yeah. I hope you're all doing better than I am.
@TiredandDone00
Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time at the moment, perhaps you can find some of the support you may be needing here?
The sound of rain can definitely be very calming. Personally I also enjoy petrichor, I find just taking a deep breathe of that rainy smell is so refreshing and restorative.
Again, welcome to the subcommunity!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Tagging our newest subscribers: @Unininjas @o0oIAmHereo0o @Graciaa @VinylFly @agreeableTurtle7746 @PhilosophicalCircle @doeji @AidynHart94 @Dreamers2 @austrapine @Wh0z01ivi4 @Leaainsley @philosophicalWatermelon2533 @crimsonnclover2 @yesimabitzany @NyxWillHelp @modestCucumber6498 @SweetPandaCubs1545 @Peacefulsea2000 @Mel2248
I like how this was posted on April 1st btw. lol
Anyway, I'm asexual, gender non-conforming and my romantic orientation is most like omnisexual to unlabelled. I go by she/they/one pronouns but I really prefer people to use they/one. Because whenever I put she/her in my profile people just default to that and it's annoying.
I've a weird relationship with the LGBTQ+ community for awhile. I was actually homophobic and transphobic when I was little, most likely because I didn't want to adhere to it when I already was diagnosed with Autism (PDD-NOS at the time). I was in denial about me being Autistic until I was in my late teens, early twenties. I didn't know about asexuality until I was around thirteen, but mistakenly thought I wasn't because I thought sex drive and sexuality were the same thing. But maybe I was just protecting myself too. /o/ No idea man. Sexuality is weird.
As far as my gender, I didn't start actually questioning it until I found non-binary existed and that was when I was out of school. I came out as genderfluid in 2016, then again as non-binary using they/them pronouns. I came out again in 2022 as just gender non-conforming since I didn't feel like the non-binary label applied to me anymore.
I don't talk about my gender as much anymore in RL since it really exhausted me from defending myself to my parents and others over and over again. I now have trauma around my gender and its *** exhausting. I'm hoping to find a therapist to help with my trauma.
Anyway, I don't mean for this to be a downer but its the truth. Hope you all are having a good one.
@amaranthsnowleopard
Welcome!
It sounds like you've spent a lot of time exploring a lot of labels and experiences within the LGBTQ+ community. It can be harder to accept a label when we feel like we are fulfilling some stereotype or confirming another label we don't want to wear for sure.
I hope that this can be a comfortable space to explore your understanding of yourself with greater understanding and acceptance.
It's funny you mention how people will use 'she' if you give them that option. I regularly frustrate others by using the singular they when gender isn't relevant. But I got used to using they for ambiguity when I was first coming out.
Again, welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Oh wow, I actually wasn't even thinking that, but you're right, a lot people think all Autistic folks are asexual. If I wanted to specify it even more, I would say I'm cupiosexual, where I do not experience sexual attraction but want sex.
Also I meant to say omniromantic, not omnisexual.
I wish more people defaulted to 'they' in a sincere way rather than do it when transphobes get cagey about using the actual pronouns for a trans person.
Thank you, I hope it's a comfortable place too.
@EmotionsListener
Hey! I'm sorta new to LGBTQ+/MOGII. If I say anything rude I don't mean that. I would like to talk more about the whole pronouns thing because everyone keeps saying it and I don't get what it means. I would also like to learn more about each of the LGBTQ+?MOGII (like what it means and what it stands for). Also I think I identify as bisexual but I'm not entirely sure yet.
@Crumusic
Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII(marginalized orientations, gender identities and intersex) Support subcommunity!
Pronouns can be a bit confusing at times, essentially we use pronouns to simplify communicating, instead of referring to a person by their name every single time, we simplify and use pronouns, however pronouns often indicate gender, further the typical he and she pronouns reinforce a gender binary. Then if someone has a gender identity that doesn't fit within the binary, or that doesn't match what other people see and assume it can lead to a lot of misgendering and uncomfortable situations. So when we ask someone to share their pronouns, we are asking them to help us respect their gender identity rather than assuming and assigning gender to them. I hope that will help.
It's okay to not be entirely sure about which labels we wear, especially as we are coming to understand ourselves while dealing with all the assumptions and expectations about attraction and sexuality.
I hope you will find lots of support and acceptance as you learn and grow here! Again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜