Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you new to the LGBTQ+/MOGII sub-community in August? Join in and say hi!

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener August 1st, 2023

Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support sub-community forums! I'm Emotions, I am a community mentor leader and chatroom moderator for the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support sub-community here on 7 Cups. It’s great to have you join our sub-community. I look forward to connecting with you both here in the forums and/or in group chat.


When looking around the forums, I recommend using the topic filters as a good place to start. By filtering for discussion and resources you may find a variety of discussions on different topics that affect LGBTQ+/MOGII people.


There are lots of fun threads and games where you can join in, or maybe you can create a new one. If you’d like to be notified about check-ins, discussions and other fun events here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support sub-community, think about adding yourself to the sub-community taglist here!


Maybe you prefer group chats, if so, teens click here, or adults click here, to join us in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support Chat room. You can also check the community calendar here to find out about upcoming scheduled discussions.


If you want to share:

  • Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns?

  • Since we are all more than our labels and pronouns, what is one interesting fact about you that doesn’t relate to being LGBTQ+/MOGII?

  • Do you have plans for August that you are looking forward to?

  • What are you hoping to find here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity?



welcome-crop_1690864660.png

[Image reads “Welcome!” in rainbow colours on a black background with rainbow hearts ]


Tagging our newest subscribers:

@RainMyles4 @Hopeandjoy12 @agrinwithoutacat @levia69 @BigSadGirl @understandingCake1497 @Romangero @dimscomfort @xybz4477 @Rowenn079 @friendlySpruce9172 @aNabi @tomatocultivation @EgirlxD @Arrow13 @lavenderSummer2066 @zeusy03 @SoulfulYash @BlueberryMinigun2003 @lovelyStrawberry4817 @AdrianFojtik @LunaLove1617


29
User Profile: niamh333
niamh333 August 2nd, 2023

@EmotionsListener Hi everyone!

  • Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns? I identify as queer and use she/her pronouns

  • Since we are all more than our labels and pronouns, what is one interesting fact about you that doesn’t relate to being LGBTQ+/MOGII? My favourite animal is a sloth! :)

  • Do you have plans for August that you are looking forward to? Yes I am going to stay with a friend and attend some events at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!

  • What are you hoping to find here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity? I am looking to meet and support new people :)


    I'm looking forward to finding out more about everyone else!

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 3rd, 2023

@niamh333

So what makes a sloth your favourite? The fringe festival sounds like a lot of fun too!

Thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself and of course welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

User Profile: niamh333
niamh333 August 3rd, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hey!

I actually am not sure when they became my favourite animal but I think I love them because they're kinda quirky and not your typical 'cute' fluffy animal but I find them adorable! They're also super snoozy like me hehe

load more
load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 7th, 2023

Tagging our newest subscribers: @MarshalPoniatowski @dragoonfruit @willowhisper @fleetDeer7642 @Sarahsowl @passionatePineapple6876 @ClumsyPotato55 @snapdragon13 @groundhog2 @IntrovertFinn @patientSky1754 @circledFlight @zombietaco @emotionalNest7386 @purplebonnie365

User Profile: dragoonfruit
dragoonfruit August 7th, 2023

@EmotionsListener Hello! I figured that since I was tagged here I should introduce myself to everyone.


Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns?
I identify as genderqueer and aro/ace. I use she/they/he pronouns.

Since we are all more than our labels and pronouns, what is one interesting fact about you that doesn’t relate to being LGBTQ+/MOGII? I like to collect crystals and seashells in my free time.

Do you have plans for August that you are looking forward to? I'm going to spend time with two of my friends one afternoon so we can catch up on what we did over the summer.

What are you hoping to find here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity? I'm mostly looking for support. I'm not out to anyone about my gender/pronouns, and only a few people know about my sexuality, so oftentimes I feel like I have no one to talk to when I'm struggling. I'm very scared to come out or even reveal I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community, so I'm hoping this can be my anonymous outlet for all that stress.

I'm glad to be here! Everyone seems very supportive, and I hope I can offer some support to others as well.

User Profile: niamh333
niamh333 August 7th, 2023

@dragoonfruit thank you for sharing Dragoon, it's lovely to meet you! I love crystals too, and semi precious stones. My favourite is Tigers eye 👁

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 14th, 2023

@dragoonfruit

Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity! I hope you will find lots of support and people who can understand or relate to your identity and experiences here in our forums and in group chat spaces! It can be scary to come out and having a space where you can be out but anonymous can certainly help, so I'm glad you have joined us.

As to collecting crystals and seashells, that sounds like it would be a pretty collection. Do you have a favourite piece in your collection? What makes it your favourite?

Again, welcome! Thank you for giving us a chance to start getting to know you.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 14th, 2023

Tagging our newest subscribers:

@ScaryMarlow @Zahrian2112 @xaerli @ListenerPanda007 @QueerUnicorn84 @SolarFaes @rubyjane00 @silverSpace375 @LullabyLambZZZ @1meredith1 @Xander28 @BelladonnaB @Bughawk @Rackson @rinborne @StarringPassion @patientThinker1913 @twilightmoon01 @happysmileyfaces @charmingCoconut4779 @Sam147258

User Profile: RainMyles4
RainMyles4 August 20th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

  • Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns? I am a trans demiboy, spectrasexual, and demisexual/romantic! (Possibly ace) My pronouns are He/They/It but i use any that aren’t she/her

  • Since we are all more than our labels and pronouns, what is one interesting fact about you that doesn’t relate to being LGBTQ+/MOGII? I love dinosaurs! They are the absolute best!

  • Do you have plans for August that you are looking forward to? I currently dont have any plans

  • What are you hoping to find here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity? Just to talk to other people that are like me

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 21st, 2023

@RainMyles4

Welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Subcommunity. Thank you for sharing a bit about you and your love of dinosaurs, do you have a favourite kind of dinosaur? Hopefully you've managed to have a good August, and will find lots of people to connect with here!

Again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: Plantsaremybestfriends
Plantsaremybestfriends August 21st, 2023

@EmotionsListener Hi everybody!

Do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns?

I identify as transmasc and aroace. My pronouns are he/they.


Since we are all more than our labels and pronouns, what is one interesting fact about you that doesn’t relate to being LGBTQ+/MOGII?

One fun fact is that I love the Percy Jackson series and have read all of the Riordianverse books


Do you have plans for August that you are looking forward to?

I've joined a D&D campaign and next week we have to decode a cipher to help us defeat the villan!


What are you hoping to find here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity?

I hope to find support and a place to be myself (:

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 21st, 2023

@Plantsaremybestfriends

Hello and welcome to our supportive space, I hope you will find lots of support and connections here.

So would you consider yourself a reader? Those are great books either way! Would you say Rick Riordian is your favourite author? As for D&D I hope you will have an excellent campaign and a lot of fun!

Once more, welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

User Profile: Plantsaremybestfriends
Plantsaremybestfriends August 21st, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Yeah Rick Riordian has definitely become one of my favorite authors! My campaign has been going nicely so far so I'm very excited to see what the DM has next session.

User Profile: Plantsaremybestfriends
Plantsaremybestfriends August 21st, 2023

And yeah I would consider myself a reader. I've slowed down a bit because of school but I still enjoy it when I have time.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 21st, 2023

Tagging our newest subscribers: @theboredinkymess @Plantsaremybestfriends @rinanorma @anexistingbeing2 @calmKermit7178 @LanaNI @confidentpanda @Justsomeonemaybe @HistoryNerd5 @Mamakitt666 @Atlyslays @courteousYard5758 @sage1224 @LouieGauge @afriendlytrex @AlittleBouffant2008 @MDF7 @AshSystem

User Profile: MDF7
MDF7 August 21st, 2023

Hey everybody!

Lesbian, she/her, married to my wife for 9 years

Interesting fact- I really love the beach and I’m definitely a book nerd 🤣

August plans- next weekend I’m going to see my family, they live about 2 hours away and I try to see them every month

In this support community I’m just hoping to find people I can relate to. At my last job there were several other LGBTQ co-workers and I felt really at home and accepted there. I recently started a work from home job so I guess I’m missing having that environment

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 24th, 2023

@MDF7

Welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity!

So, do you read on the beach? What's your favourite genre?

I hope you have a great trip and visit with your family, I'm glad you get to see them with some regularity!

Having connections in the community, even online, can really make a difference in our lives, hopefully you are still in touch with some of your former co-workers as well.

Once again welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

User Profile: MDF7
MDF7 August 24th, 2023

Thanks Emotions! I do read on the beach! Lol My favorite genre is sci-fi/fantasy and also any LGBTQ rom-com. Georgia Beers is one of my favorite lesbian authors but there’s so much more to choose from now. I’m very excited to be part of this online LGBTQ community!

load more
load more
User Profile: LostinTranslation90
LostinTranslation90 August 22nd, 2023

Hi everyone! You can call me Bee! (Not my real name but I didn't feel comfortable sharing just in case)

I am a lesbian, and I go by she/her!

One interesting fact about me - I have recently been getting back into reading, and I really love fantasy/sci-fi books! I also love my cat! ❤

No big plans, but some small dreams - I'm taking a free course on marine biology that I'm trying to finish up and I want to keep going to the bookstore. It's a little bit of a drive but it's been so much fun!

I'm hoping to just kind of find a community, and people to talk to!

Take care everyone!! ❤😊

User Profile: MDF7
MDF7 August 22nd, 2023

Hey Bee! Sci-fi/fantasy books are my favorite too! Who are some of your favorite authors or books? I really like the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, and Lava Red Feather Blue by Molly Ringle.

User Profile: LostinTranslation90
LostinTranslation90 August 24th, 2023

Hi!! 😊 I’ve heard of the Wheel of Time series and The Starless Sea - I’ve got to check those out! I’ve been reading a lot of TJ Klune’s books, I really want to read In the Lives of Puppets next! I heard it has robots in it, so I knew I needed it as soon as possible! 😂


I’m open to any book suggestions, it’s been really nice to get back into reading! Take care! 😊

User Profile: MDF7
MDF7 August 24th, 2023

I like TJ Klune too! The House in the Cerulean Sea is such a cute book. But yeah I definitely recommend Lava Red Feather Blue by Molly Ringle, I think that’s my favorite LGBTQ fantasy book.

User Profile: LostinTranslation90
LostinTranslation90 August 25th, 2023

@MDF7 Lava Red Feather Blue sounds so interesting! I looked it up and now I really kind of need to know what happens! 😂 Oh man, I love the House in the Cerulean Sea - that was the first book I read with LGBTQ+ rep! Plus, found family is my favorite kind of story 😊❤ Thank you for the recommendation! 😊

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 24th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Welcome Bee!

Seems we have a lot of book lovers joining the subcommunity this month. We might need to start our own book club! Do you read any LGBTQ+ fiction? I hope you get to that bookstore soon!

Also, yay cats!

The free course sounds interesting, do you hope to pursue marine biology more in the future?

Once again welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

User Profile: LostinTranslation90
LostinTranslation90 August 24th, 2023

Hi!! 😊 A book club sounds like an amazing idea! I’ve been reading a lot of LGBTQ+ books - honestly I just can’t get enough of them right now! 😅 I mentioned in a response that I’ve been reading some of TJ Klune’s books, and I keep hearing Heartstopper mentioned, though I haven’t read or watched it yet! I’m open to any book suggestions! 😊

I would love to pursue marine biology in the future - I’m stuck taking classes in accounting right now 😅 It’s my dream to find some way to get into marine biology or environmental science, this free course was really nice to learn a little bit more about it!

Thank you so much! Take care! 😊☀️

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 28th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Hopefully this course can be a stepping stone toward what you want to do!

It looks like I have some new book recommendations to check out so thank you for sharing!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: 0B
0B August 22nd, 2023

1. Non-binary, He/Him

2. I like birds

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP August 24th, 2023

@0B

Welcome 0B!

Birds can be great, do you do any bird watching? What are some of your favourite kinds of birds?

I hope you'll find a space here where you can get support and connect with others in the community.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more