Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

LGBTQ+ in books

User Profile: OneAndOnlySol
OneAndOnlySol October 25th, 2022

Hey!

I am a writer, and I want to make one of my characters queer. And I decided to let you guys help me create them! Give me any suggestions and I will listen!

5
User Profile: summerneedscoffee
summerneedscoffee October 26th, 2022

@JuliaEWriter

Hey, as a suggestion, why don’t you give them (character) a friend that is also queer. Also you could give them small details. Not a writer, but I hope that helped.

1 reply
User Profile: OneAndOnlySol
OneAndOnlySol OP October 26th, 2022

@summerneedscoffee

Thanks! I'm going to do that!

load more
User Profile: LonleyCheese
LonleyCheese November 5th, 2022

I was watching a show the other day that the character who was trans didn't have very accepting parents, and I though that was good to show that not everyone can get support from parental figures as some books show. I think if you haven't already it might be good to just read through people's experiences here on cups, good luck!

User Profile: HelenaSays
HelenaSays November 6th, 2022

@JuliaEWriter

Hello! I just wanted to mention, I’ve seen lots of writing with queer characters, but more often than not the character is just gay/lesbian, or nonbinary. Nothing wrong with that, but as a genderfluid omniromantic I’d totally like to see more obscure identities getting portrayed. A genderfluid character maybe? I’m not telling you what to do though, do what you want and enjoy your writing experience!

1 reply
User Profile: LonleyCheese
LonleyCheese November 6th, 2022

@HelenaSays Ooo yes that would be so cool!


load more