Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friend I spent most of Covid online with is back in school, now I don't know what to do with myself

User Profile: ShinraKai
ShinraKai October 4th, 2021

So I met this friend through being on an Overwatch team together (It's an online fps team shooter type game) so we'd spend a couple hours a week together. At some point we started hanging out outside of team practices and we were spending a lot of time together. There's an age gap that made it a bit awkward at first but it's strictly platonic and that helped smooth things over. Then Covid hit and the lockdowns happened. They were out of school during this time and had a lot of free time so we'd spend like 8+ hours together just hanging out and playing video games and enjoying time together. Now they are back in school and don't have the time to spend together like they used to and I'm feeling frustrated at myself being unable to go back to not having their attention and I'm feeling lonely. I only have 3 friends outside the new friend and I don't get to spend that much time with them due to conflicting schedules and I'm not that great at making new meaningful friends. I don't really know how to make a new friend that can fill that gap I have now and I'd like to find someone I can like romantically as well but for now I'd appreciate any advice on making meaningful friendships first.

1
User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone October 27th, 2021

@ShinraKai hey there! i have a question, have you ever tried to make friends online instead of friends in person? it might be easier for you, if it's harder to make meaningful friends otherwise :)