Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m confused about my sexuality and it’s affecting my mental health and daily life

User Profile: politeNectarine7253
politeNectarine7253 September 14th, 2021

Hi all,

I wanted to post here as this is something I find hard sharing and don't have many friends I can share with. I'm going to give you some background first, I had kids really young and rushed into a relationship at 18 and never really got the opportunity to explore my sexuality and assumed I was bisexual, as since I was really young I have found woman incredibly attractive and fantasised about them. This past summer I have been going to a lot of LGBT+ club events and all women lesbian events and it's made me feel weird about my heterosexual relationship. I've had issues with intimacy in the relationship for a while that I put down to past trauma. Anyway, recently I kissed a girl in a club and the feeling I got from it was different to anything I've felt, and since then when I think about it it gives me tingles in my stomach. I'm now at a loss and I'm confused as to whether I am a lesbian in the closet or just bisexual and craving more. I've only ever had one relationship and sexual partner which is the father of my children so I've never really got to experiment or experience much. I lived in a very homophobic family who made it clear that being Gay was not acceptable and I'm wondering whether that made me stifle my sexuality. I don't know if it's possible to suddenly realise this late in life (I'm 23), but since this realisation it's all I can think about.I noticed many years ago that when I would be having sex with my partner that I was craving something different and a different level of intimacy, this has only continued and has left me feeling nothing during sex with my partner. As we have kids together and they are so young I don't know how to talk to him properly about this, I don't want to lead him on but I'm confused in my own body and I don't know what to do. I'm in a really depressive period right now as I feel trapped and I don't know what to do. Any help or nice words would be appreciated.

1
User Profile: helpfulThinker966
helpfulThinker966 September 14th, 2021

Hey not sure if I will be much help to you but your post describes my exact situation almost. I had kids young too with a man my first love. It happened so quick we were together only a month before I fell pregnant. I realised I felt attraction towards women when I was young around 12 years old but never put much thought into it thinking it was something I would grow out of. After my child was born I am still with her father but now having a hard time with my sexuality. I do not feel enjoyment from our sex life and I never really have. I feel I never had the chance to explore my sexuality although I love my partner very much I really think I may have never been straight. It’s so confusing and stressful so I can say for sure I know how your feeling. I hope things work out for you they way you want them too x