Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Telling my parents about my legal name change

User Profile: Skysky73
Skysky73 February 22nd, 2024

I have to find a way to tell my unsupportive and almost transphobic parents about my name change. I'm 22 and don't live with them but I'm still on their insurance so they'll see. And it's not just my first name, I've changed my entire name. I know I'm an adult and all that but I'm still terrified of them. This should be such a happy time for me but it's tainted with the fact I have to tell them. Has anyone gone through this? Do you have any advice?

Thank you for the help

Sky

1
User Profile: Bunnylovesyou
Bunnylovesyou February 25th, 2024

@Skysky73

I have not personally gone through this, but I can understand the fear, having transphobic parents myself. Now I cannot offer advice on this , because of the 7cups community guidelines, but I can offer my undying support. This is an incredibly difficult decision you have to make, but you aren't alone ❤❤