Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can SA mask sexuality? How to know if they're straight and traumatized or gay and traumatized?

User Profile: unlouix
unlouix April 27th

My gf of 4 years was never as comfortable as I am with sex. I've done my best to respect her the way I can, but I've been feeling disconnected (I might be shallow but its an emotional bonding for me) with our lack in the bedroom. I've recently come to realize that maybe because she was groomed before that this may have affected the way she views men. I remember her stories being attracted to men before. I am just genuinely worried about her and want to support her since I ignorantly brought it up and we fought. She says she is gay and I want to believe her so I am not sure if it is a trauma response but she is actually gay, or is our relationship a trauma response in itself?

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 27th

@unlouix

I'm sorry that you are feeling alone in this and disconnected.

Honestly, the only thing you can do if you are feeling this way, is ask her, trauma is heavy and it can affect people in many ways.

Sometimes even unbeknownst to them.

Only she has the answers.

If you organize a quiet , maybe meal together, where you both can have a safe, supportive conversation, where you can lay all your cards out.

I wish you the best with this 💙 

i-love-you-love-you.gif