Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How I came out lesbian but don’t know how to tell people

User Profile: fearlessdreams558
fearlessdreams558 March 25th, 2021

Hello I’m 17, I came out as a lesbian wen I was in 7th grade but was scared to tell people and now I’m in 11th and still don’t know how to tell some people what to I do ?

3
User Profile: Ash37
Ash37 March 25th, 2021

@fearlessdreams558

First of all, congratulations on figuring it out. Coming out can be really hard, especially if you don't know how the people around you will react. You should share it with people you trust first, if you think they'll be accepting of it. Have you come out to your parents, yet? If you're unsure about where they stand, you could always bring it up on a more general level to get the conversation started. When you do come out, make sure you're ready to come out and are in a safe place. Remember that some people won't be as accepting as other but that doesn't mean your feelings are any less valid. Good luck!

User Profile: fearlessdreams558
fearlessdreams558 OP March 25th, 2021

I told my mom already and I think my dad already know because he seen my flag but I don’t know how to tell the rest of my family well some of them know but I don’t really know and what if someone ask me if I’m a lesbian am I supposed to be offended or not well I know it’s not a bad thing to ask but I really don’t know I’m very confused.. but thanks for helping me out a little bit I really appreciate it

User Profile: Greenapple2330
Greenapple2330 March 27th, 2021

You don’t have to tell everyone. You do it when you are comfortable