Does my true gender and sexuality truly matter when I am destined to be alone?
I am 51, and a trans woman. Though I have given up my pursuit of transforming my being into who I truly am. My depression, anxiety, age, lack of ability to be a participating partner, plus a few other things. Along with the fact my short and long term memory is fading fast, has led me to wonder if it really matters. Yes, I want to live life having my outsides match my insides, but society being what it is and my age and lack of strength to make those changes on my own makes me realize that it is not going to happen. I am destined to be alone so my sexuality has no bearing on anything, am I right?
My struggle with my gender falls in the same line of logic. If I had someone to share my life with it might make more sense for it to matter but I don’t see that ever happening. Who I truly am is all on the inside anyway. Other than the fact that I am stuck living life as a fraud on the outside that is what matters.
Am I wrong?
Hello Iamwhoiamwhoami!
With every age we set foot into a
situation that we havent experienced before. It's normal that with it comes uncertainness and doubt. Questioning what you want and your chances of having it is completely understandable.
I've seen many different people come together. I can't say how this will work out or what is supposed to be the "norm" however I can say that if there is you then there is another person out there who is in your situation and looking for someone like you. No matter what you choose (or have chosen) it might be a good idea to not look back, since this could indicate you a self-blame that you didn't plan on having.
I hope things work out best for you and you find a person to share your life with.
You are not "fraud on the outside" do what makes you happy.... We only live once
It's true it might be like things are against us but I try to look at the bright side of life...
And nobody I'd destined to be alone dear, don't allow past experiences to stop you from making new friends, meet new people...
You can get a new hobby like painting, gardening or get a new pet?
Do you like dogs or cats? Or none 😅
Treat yourself once in a while and all will be fine dear...💜
@crimsonBalloon1992 Thank you for the compassionate concern. I truly appreciate your kindness. My life has taken a drastic turn since I originally posted this and time is not on my side. My mind is going and I am trying to make sure that everyone here knows how important they are to this entire community. I am so grateful as and thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of it. Thank you again and please continue to be a wonderful person.