Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I live in a very conservative area and most of my friends are closed minded idk what to do😭😭🙏

User Profile: tho0r
tho0r March 15th, 2024

I identify as bisexual and I’ve known since the end of 6th or the beginning of 7th grade(I’m now in 9th grade). Only my mom, dad, and 2 of my friends know. I want to come out to my other friends but they’re not as accepting, or open minded, as I live in a very conservative part of Georgia. I’m worried if I tell them they will treat me differently, as that’s what happened when my other friend came out to them. Normally I wouldn’t care what people think, but they are very important to me. What should I do?

1
User Profile: Songbirdlistens63
Songbirdlistens63 March 18th, 2024

@tho0r id say go for it if you wont be put in danger. I had to go through the same thing in seventh grade (I’m in ninth grade too) and it ended with almost all my friends leaving me but you know I realized if they don’t accept you they don’t deserve you. I made better friends now and I think it would be best to try it unless you think it will cause physical harm or something like that. Sometimes they suprise you. I had a very Cristian and a Mormon as friends and the Cristian was very supportive. The Mormon though she it wasn’t outward and she didn’t stop being my friend I could tell she wasn’t like 100% confortable with it.