Struggling to put a "label" onto my sexual orientation
Hey so just recently, I became aware of how my current "label" (Pansexual),I identify with doesn't *seem* quite "right" for me. But at the same time it feels like it still applies but there's something *more* to it.. if that makes sense...
So, due to my current situation I've been really been feeling lonely and that I love been craving person to person in person connection. So I went and created profiles on some casual dating apps. Long story short, I met with some beans, but at the end of it I was always sorta just left feeling drained and lower energy (plus I'm neurodivergent) but yeah... Ig due to the past meet ups, it's starting to dawn on me that yes I still identify and view myself as "Pansexual" but maybe something more, perhaps Demisexual.
But I'm not sure if you can "be" pan and demi... Ik they are just labels but yeah... Idk with my brain id like to somewhat have a *general* idea or like grasp on my sexual orientation to at least ease my mind a tad bit...
Idk if anyone's on here has the same/or similar situation/experiences but yeah... Idk...
@afabnonbinarybean Hey, I think it's great that you're grasping your identity and what you consider yourself to "be". I think that there is no problem with being both Pansexual and Demisexual or either or. Even though they are labels, coming to terms with what you believe you are is an amazing step and is incredibly confidence-boosting for yourself. Then again, this is coming from a straight person so I may not be able to understand how you feel, but I hope you can get in touch with whatever sexuality you identify with and live your life to the fullest. <3
I know the feeling. You don't have to identify as a specific one. I don't really.