Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your coming out story! (feel free to share!)

User Profile: TheArtistSystem
TheArtistSystem February 26th, 2024

Hello lovely people of 7 Cups! just wanted to share my coming out story im still not fully out bc of how my state is (texas) anyway!

so i've always known i've been different more or less and, when I turned 11 I had learned that the LGBTQ+ is a thing and after almost 4 years I came out as trans! I'm now 16 and in a wonderful relationship with my current boyfriend who is super supportive of me and he is very protective of me and is gay

we both are super supportive of others in this wild journey! feel free to ask me questions in the replies i'll answer to the best of my ability!
-your friend noah <3

5
User Profile: proactiveHemlock6643
proactiveHemlock6643 February 26th, 2024

@NoahAnimates

i just wanted to say that i totally relate to this. i am a them/they, but my parents think there are only two genders so they call me girl, but if i came out they would kick me out. good on you for coming out and being true to who you are. i have yet to find that kind of courage.

1 reply
User Profile: TheArtistSystem
TheArtistSystem OP February 26th, 2024

@proactiveHemlock6643

you are strong you got this!!

load more
User Profile: WarmLightXO
WarmLightXO February 26th, 2024

@NoahAnimates@NoahAnimates@NoahAnimates

Hi Noah! Texas is definitely not an easy place to live as a trans person, so I'm sending support your way <3

I came out in waves, first to people online (like here on this lovely site), then to friends, and then to some family members. There is so much joy in being trans and queer, I'm glad you've been able to find that in yourself and your boyfriend :)

-Elliot

User Profile: BlueGreen1128
BlueGreen1128 March 4th, 2024

@NoahAnimates

Pretty sure I've seen you before on this site, so I'm glad to see this post!

After learning what the LGBTQIA+ community is, I thought I was just straight up gay in 5th grade. But then after doing some internal digging, I decided that I was bisexual in 6th grade (And I've stuck with it since!) I didn't exactly choose to come out though...Turns out my middle school had a rule about public displays of affection and kissing a boy in the courtyard violated it...Whoops!

My parents were notified and after that I gave them the full story. They don't support (We live in Florida and they're Black AND they're Baptist Christians 😭🥲) but we've settled into a comfortable awkwardness since then.

1 reply
User Profile: TheArtistSystem
TheArtistSystem OP March 5th, 2024


@BlueGreen1128 

honestly I get that tbh I hope things get better I'm currently still here just vibbing being a trans guy and having difficulty's with suppression of myself because of life in general and what my parents think/what others do as well I've been getting more weird stares when I go out with my grandparents on Sundays sure I'm a feminine guy with a "cutesy" bag but like I was wearing dress pants and a vest! but yes I do in fact have pink hair and I do carry a plushie with me but if they'd just ask and not stare I'd be willing to explain and help them understand but I do get that also props to you fr! school pda rules are a bit weird I agree but they are there for a reason thanks for sharing my friend! 

-noah 

load more