Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Song Playlist for Survival

User Profile: Erato
Erato December 21st, 2017

Heyo! Music-lovers, come out!

As we know music can help us to get through things and inspires us to keep moving forward. There are songs that are highly relatable and could express the emotions we're feeling when we, ourselves, couldn't even find the right words to describe them.

I created this thread so we can share the songs which have helped us in overcoming the struggles we've faced for the past years and gonna be facing in the future as 2017 is nearing its end and 2018 is approaching.

You can list any songs you want to share but please be mindful of the triggering and explicit ones. Just a suggestion, you can also put the song titles and artists on hyperlinks just like the list below, but it's up you!

Here are some random songs from my personal playlist I usually listen to:

Carry on by Fun

Maybe the Night by Ben&Ben

Stone Walls by We The Kings

Good times by All Time Low

This is Gospel (Piano Version) by Panic! At The Disco

Broken Home (Woke up waiting's cover) by 5SOS

Stay by Mayday Parade

Scars by SayWeCanFly

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

Human (Acoustic Version) by Jon Bellion

Comfortable by Lauv

143
User Profile: Pockyryl
Pockyryl December 26th, 2017

Wanna One Beautiful

https://youtu.be/DmdezafV6ko

User Profile: welostthesea4life
welostthesea4life December 26th, 2017

We Lost The Sea - A Swan Song (Pt. 2) (<- instrumental song but deep and uplifting at the same time)

Chelsea Wolfe - Iron Moon (<- some great lyrics)

1 reply
User Profile: welostthesea4life
welostthesea4life December 26th, 2017

@welostthesea4life and Sigur Rós - Saeglópur
(forgot that one)

load more
User Profile: Samerina
Samerina December 26th, 2017

"Black as Night" by Nahko and Medicine for the People

User Profile: honestWalker4676
honestWalker4676 December 27th, 2017

Never Be - 5 seconds of summer

User Profile: spacecupcaakes
spacecupcaakes December 27th, 2017

"Say Now" by The Rival. The opening lyrics go like this:

"You thought you left me good for dead

But like the sun, I rose again (ooooh, oooooh)

You thought your words would bury me

But really, they just set me free (ooooh, oooooh)

So whatcha gonna say now?

So whatcha gonna say now?"

It's a song I relate to my depression, especially when my mental illness likes to remind me of all the things I can't do. When I'm able to conquer my depression even for a few minutes, I like to blare this song (among others) and jam out to celebrate.

Here's a Spotify link if you'd like to have a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/track/76BqlJ8kDngbFhv3hKKHfS?si=pAU3AKolQWWZsf3DAjKlBw

User Profile: Ilovemyrats6
Ilovemyrats6 December 27th, 2017

Girl on fire bye Alicia Key's

User Profile: Christy01
Christy01 December 28th, 2017

My top 17 songs:

James Bay: Scars

Lorde: Green Light

Imagine Dragons: Thunder

Rag'n'Bone Man: Human

Sia: Salted wound

Colbie Caillat: When the darkness comes

Tom Odell: Long way down

Birdy: Maybe

Mads Langer: Beauty of the dark

No doubt: Underneath it all

Sugar ray: Every morning

Bob Marley: Could you be loved

Mapei: Don't wait

Lorn: Acid rain

Ray LaMontagne: Shelter

ABBA: I have a dream

Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic zeros: 40 day dream

User Profile: Karkatstarr
Karkatstarr December 28th, 2017

Girls like girls. /reminds me that I am valid /

Human. / reminds me that it is okay to not be okay/

User Profile: Lisa523
Lisa523 December 29th, 2017

Fight song by Rachel platten

User Profile: OctoberAshes13
OctoberAshes13 December 29th, 2017

The Songs that Saved My Life by Kill Hannah

I love this song so much i got a tattoo of the lyrics