Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Song Playlist for Survival

User Profile: Erato
Erato December 21st, 2017

Heyo! Music-lovers, come out!

As we know music can help us to get through things and inspires us to keep moving forward. There are songs that are highly relatable and could express the emotions we're feeling when we, ourselves, couldn't even find the right words to describe them.

I created this thread so we can share the songs which have helped us in overcoming the struggles we've faced for the past years and gonna be facing in the future as 2017 is nearing its end and 2018 is approaching.

You can list any songs you want to share but please be mindful of the triggering and explicit ones. Just a suggestion, you can also put the song titles and artists on hyperlinks just like the list below, but it's up you!

Here are some random songs from my personal playlist I usually listen to:

Carry on by Fun

Maybe the Night by Ben&Ben

Stone Walls by We The Kings

Good times by All Time Low

This is Gospel (Piano Version) by Panic! At The Disco

Broken Home (Woke up waiting's cover) by 5SOS

Stay by Mayday Parade

Scars by SayWeCanFly

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

Human (Acoustic Version) by Jon Bellion

Comfortable by Lauv

143
User Profile: wishfulrainbow
wishfulrainbow November 27th, 2018

Let Me Go - Hailee Steinfeld

User Profile: TheAbhiOfThisUniverse
TheAbhiOfThisUniverse November 27th, 2018

I feel one song that should be on everyone's survival playlist is David Bowie's "Space Oddity". It's such a deep and meaningful interpretation of what it means to be alive.

Oh, but the more important one is "Rocketman" by Elton John. What a song. There's a line in it which goes "I'm not the man they think I am at home, Oh no no no, I'm a rocket man" says a lot, doesn't it? People might think you are something, doesn't mean you are just that and nothing more. :)

Have a good one, everyone!

Here are the links:

Space Oddity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo

The version which is more enjoyable because this was actually filmed in space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Rocketman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtVBCG6ThDk

User Profile: naars
naars December 13th, 2018

Mamamoo's latest album (Blue;s) kinda calming, I love all the song especially the intro. The intro just sounds right to me

1 reply
User Profile: originalFaith74
originalFaith74 February 8th, 2019

@naars wow nice

load more
User Profile: Carraway
Carraway February 17th, 2019

I was having a very difficult time the other night, and I put on Jon Batiste's Hollywood Africans. It's a hauntingly beautiful, deeply emotional album, and it greatly helped me. Many will likely find certain tracks depressing--there's a blues standard on it, after all--but its delivery helped.

Other than that I mostly listen to instrumental music, particularly jazz, and especially lately, as it's been like an old friend. I've been playing Bill Evans and Kenny Barron albums quite a bit at night and when driving home after a disaster-relief call, as they're two of my favorite pianists.

User Profile: Clover77
Clover77 March 25th, 2019

Lindsey Stirling!!!!

I'm a huge Lindsey Stirling fan. For those of you unfamiliar with her, she is an electronic violinist/dancer/singer. Most of her music is upbeat and inspirational. And she supports mental health organizations and has had her own share of mental health issues in her life. I follow her on Facebook and Instagram and she constantly is sending uplifting and hopeful messages to her fanbase.

This is her breakout hit that she made almost 7 years ago: https://youtu.be/aHjpOzsQ9YI

Since then she's gone on 3 or 4 tours (I saw her in May of 2018), and put out 3 albums. She'll have a 4th coming out soon.

Any other fans out there???

Clover77

User Profile: simonuts
simonuts June 2nd, 2019

Mahler

User Profile: Lavendermusic89
Lavendermusic89 June 3rd, 2019

All Gorillaz songs, some rap but not today

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 21st, 2019

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye...........Luke Bryan

User Profile: integrityblues
integrityblues July 30th, 2019

My song playlist for survival is a little long. I'll limit myself to 12 songs.

"Brother" by Gerard Way.

"Adventure Of A Lifetime" by Coldplay.

"Battle For The Sun" by Placebo.

"Bling (Confession Of A King)" by The Killers.

"Planetary (GO!)" by My Chemical Romance.

"Trade Mistakes" by Panic! at the Disco.

"Say (All I Need)" by OneRepublic.

"Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)" by Fall Out Boy.

"On My Own" by The Used.

"End Transmission" by AFI.

"You Stole" by Brand New.

"Batter Up" by Brand New.

User Profile: DarkSquirrel
DarkSquirrel July 31st, 2019

"Giant" by Calvin Harris & Rag 'n' Bone Man

I understood loneliness
Before I knew what it was
Saw the pills on your table
For your unrequited love
Oh, I would be nothing
Without you holding me up
Now I'm strong enough for both of us
Both of us, both of us, both of us

I am a giant (Ooh)
Stand up on my shoulders, tell me what you see
'Cause I am a giant (Ooh)
We'll be breaking boulders, underneath our feet...

Don't hide your emotion
You can throw down your guard
And freed from the notion
We can be who we are
Oh, you taught me something, yeah
That freedom is ours
It was you who taught me living is
Togetherness, togetherness, togetherness

I am a giant (Ooh)
Stand up on my shoulders, tell me what you see
'Cause I am a giant (Ooh)
We'll be breaking boulders, underneath our feet...

Gonna shake, throw it away, in the dirt, under me, yeah, yeah...