Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

FJB I can't stop picking at my skin

User Profile: littleli0n
littleli0n February 19th, 2016

It's always been a problem for me, but lately it's gotten significantly worse. On my upper right thigh alone I have 48 scabs that I keep reopening both unconsciously and consciously. I used to pick at my fingertips and have a lot of scar tissue there as a result, but when it gets worse I pick at other parts of my body including my legs and my face.

Its embarassing and isolating and I want so badly to be able to stop but can't get myself to do it yet.

2
User Profile: TransAm85
TransAm85 February 19th, 2016

@littleli0n Well why do you do this? Do you know that you can get infections?? So you are telling me that you pick at your skin the way that I smoke my cigarettes?? Just as a natural, unhealthy habit b/c of either nervous, anxious, irritated, scared, or angry? You can really hurt yourself!