Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trichotemnomania

User Profile: QuietPastelRain
QuietPastelRain February 8th, 2016

Does anyone suffer from trichotemnomania (obsessive hair cutting)? I cut my hair a lot when I'm sad.

7
User Profile: Celaeno
Celaeno February 8th, 2016

@QuietPastelRain, great idea for a thread!

I have to shamefully admit that I was only aware of trichotillomania, not having heard of trichotemnomania before. So I want you to thank you for creating this post and giving me a chance of further educating myself. I believe your thread will give other members feeling of ease and support.

Best wishes!

User Profile: AprilPepper
AprilPepper February 9th, 2016

I never heard of this but I pull my hair out when i'm anxious, stressed or to get my mind off of things. I don't think that's quite the same and I never knew there was a name for that. Thanks for sharing, you learn something knew everyday:)

1 reply
User Profile: QuietPastelRain
QuietPastelRain OP February 9th, 2016

@AprilPepper

You're welcome :)

load more
User Profile: Celaeno
Celaeno February 10th, 2016

Hello again, @QuietPastelRain ^^ I hope you're alright, lovely.

I see that there isn't a lot of responses yet which is a shame, really. I just wanted to let you know that there is also a self-harm forum, with a questions and answers section. Maybe you can also create another thread there? I really hope more people will see your post.

Let me know what you think about it. Best wishes!

3 replies
User Profile: QuietPastelRain
QuietPastelRain OP February 10th, 2016

@Celaeno

Thank you! It's okay that it hasn't got that many responses, I know the term isn't as widely used as the other one. I didn't plan on having this post actually getting too many replies, but I'll probably remake it in the future. :)

2 replies
User Profile: Celaeno
Celaeno February 10th, 2016

@QuietPastelRain, good to know. By the way, I give you a wrong link, for which I apologize ^^; Here is the right one to the self-harm Q&A section.

1 reply
User Profile: QuietPastelRain
QuietPastelRain OP February 10th, 2016

@Celaeno

That's okay, thank you for the link!

load more
load more
load more