Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling like I'll "infect" my crush

User Profile: Thymine
Thymine September 21st

I think he might be the one if that's a thing and either way I want to get over the feeling that I'm bad and my badness spreads to people. I deserve peace. I'm on medication but hesitant to up my dosage again.

4
User Profile: starrySong8116
starrySong8116 September 21st

@Thymine  i hear you confessing to you crush can be a lot , especially when we aren't confident in ourselves, getting over that feeling and scare that we might accidentally hurt other cause we are just bad people can be a very frustrating journey, but you are making greats strides in just reaching out on 7 cups, if you ask me i'd say you already are proving that you aren't a bad person due to your want to not hurt your crush. Where did this feeling start?  

User Profile: Thymine
Thymine OP September 21st

I think my mother definitely added to the idea that I'm a burden or will make someones life worse and should overcompensate. She even admitted to feeling unlovable and cried really hard one time when she was supposed to me comforting me -_- she projected a lot onto me. Thank you that was a very insightful response 💟💟

load more
User Profile: amiablePup3656
amiablePup3656 September 21st

@Thymine

It's not easy but try thinking in the mindset : worst case is that if you confess you will get rejected but all your crush will know is that you care about them!! Just afterwards if you're already friends continue to nurture that friendship and if you're not already friends just try to be!! It's not easy but you matter enough to try and get a positive experience even though rejection. You matter so much 🫶 best wishes 

User Profile: Thymine
Thymine OP September 21st

Thank you so much. Didn't even realize confessing to him was a big anxiety point , I'll work on my self esteem and keep that in mind :))

load more