Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One tired mommy

User Profile: tiredmommy91
tiredmommy91 12 hours ago

I am a wife and a mother of 2, with 2 bonus kids. I am just so tired! I feel like all I'm just here to take care of my kids. I am married, but I get barely any help from him where the kids are concerned. Really the only help I get where he is concerned is the discipling. Everything else is left up to me. I am so overwhelmed. Honestly, I've tried talking to my husband about it and tell him I need help, but it goes in one ear and out the other. I really can't even get a conversation out of him. I feel like my needs are being overlooked while I make sure everyone else is taken care of. I am so depressed it's not even funny! At this point, I'm still here because I feel like if I wasn't, my kids would have nobody to take care of them. That's literally the only reason! I am just so tired, overwhelmed, and angry at myself for letting myself get this far down!

5
User Profile: Remina
Remina 12 hours ago

@tiredmommy91

I understand why you are exhausted. I am sorry to hear that your husband has such a laid back approach to his parenting and only stepping in to discipline. It's not right that you're left to do all the other parenting responsibilities. Do you have any family, friends to lean on or can you complain about him to your mother in law, maybe see if she can put some sense into him?

User Profile: tiredmommy91
tiredmommy91 OP 12 hours ago

I don't really have any family that I'm comfortable with talking to about it (I don't have a relationship with my mother anymore) and my mother in law doesn't really have anything to do with me. Honestly, this is why I downloaded this app. I don't have anyone to talk to about things.

User Profile: Remina
Remina 11 hours ago

@tiredmommy91

I hear you. That's honestly so frustrating to be doing it all alone in person. I hope the emotional support you get here helps keep you sane.

User Profile: tiredmommy91
tiredmommy91 OP 11 hours ago

Thank you!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: caringShoulder1357
caringShoulder1357 3 hours ago

@tiredmommy91

In reading your story, it reminds me of when I was growing up. I remember my own mother almost being in tears wearily drudging along. It's too late for me to tell her, but I can tell you, " You are my hero!" Stay strong and please keep coming back so that we can reaffirm how important you are. 

motherhood_1791720848.jpg