Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 1st, 2025

It has been hotter than normal and dry and us being cheap 😁 we did not water that much

Maybe I need to play them some music ☺️

Now that Sept is here, weather should be a bit more tolerable

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 2nd, 2025

Good Morning 🌞

How have you been? Do you expect to hear back from the job opportunity soon?

Well, terrible sleep 😪 and my nerves have skyrocketed since being up.

Only positive thing this morning is, I get to see one of my grandkids ☺️ my daughter got a new job that is just down the street from us but the daycare is still closed.

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 2nd, 2025

This was me 10 - 12 years ago 😊


hair-1753285534_1756820025.jpg

1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 3rd, 2025

Whoa grow baby grow 🪮 lol

How've you been?

Ik it's been awhile. Still recovering & I've been on the chat side lately. Wanted to give it a try. I'm still really new here. Although now I deeply regretting that choice. It seems very empty on that side of cups.

Whenever there's a good conversation that is actually happening somehow it's an issue & it's starting to annoy me. I feel like there should be a dedicated chat for like 18-20's and then another chat for actual 30+.

They haven't experienced some of the things we've dealt with I understand so it's hard for them to understand. But, the same intensity they feel for their situations are how we feel about our life experiences.

It's sad that we don't truly have an outlet here to discuss them openly. That's starting to upset me. Idk if I'll be using cups much longer. I came here to talk & vent. And while I've made a friend in you. It'd be nice to find others.

But that's just it. There's no way for me to find other like minded people without asking certain questions to see what people are about or if a conversation has already begun & a discussion is rolling & keeps getting shut down. & Whenever someone does go there it's instantly a problem.

And I'm like just mute if needed. I've muted people several times & it works. So idk.

Cups seems to only cater to certain people not all. Although it's supposed to.

Let's out a big sigh 😔

Don't know where I belong here. You can't speak directly to members. You can only speak directly to listeners & I've had a terrible time with that. Either the listener ghosts or is trying to hit on me.

I like the pen pal's but any and everyone can read it. Can't lie I'm a little disturbed by that at times. Even though ik it's only is "talking" ik people are lurking & reading.

It's not very cozy for me at the moment.

load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

I have been really busy with work, They opened up a newly renovated section and we have had a heck of a time to get some printers working.

AH the chat side, (rolls his eyes) I did what you are doing and found that the chat is not for me, yes as you say the millennials have taken over or so it seems. For me it was either dead OR it moved to fast for me to properly process. It almost made me leave because I was starting to become overwhelmed.

I know what you mean about not being able to actually communicate directly with other members. And that the Pen Pal section is really wide open for all to read. I find these days i really miss having that one person to speak to. 

I have tried to reach out to others on here and it just seems that they do not want to reach back. You thankfully have been the only one that I can type to and relate to in the way of experiencing the same type of trauma. I too am thankful that I have you as the one friend on here.

I have only tried 2 listeners, one was OK and the other gave me a panic attack. It is sad that there has to be some bad apples in the bunch.

What ever you decide, I back your decision. I wish there was another forum with better ways to connect.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 3rd, 2025

Sounds like work has been very busy for you lately.

Do you run into"C" while trying to get everything up & running or has it been less now?

Oooo I saw some of your photos of flowers & animals on another post. It made me smile 😊

Yeah, the chat side is a hit or miss. Some I vibe with well. It's just too many people in the room

I almost wish I could message some on the side & say, "hey 👋 there's an empty room over here let's jump over so we can continue to chat and let everyone else keep this room"

Lol

But, I don't want everyone else to follow. 😂

It's not exclusion. It's just giving us a space to vent without being cut off by someone. IDK now when I go into a room I check the participant list first.

SMH

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

Fortunately, the newly opened area is on another floor and only if "C" went looking around to see what the place looks like, I don't bump into her.


BUT, Then there's "T" she did not fail to find me and hand me a big zipper bag with about 50 different herbal teas.

I've all but given up on the chat rooms. I even tried the one that you get 7 minutes to vent. but that is just not for me.


hear back from your possible new employment?



User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 3rd, 2025

Ahhhh I see "T" is still seeking you out.

👀👀👀

Mmmhmmm...

"T" lurking in the breakroom 👀👀👀

Thinking to herself in 2 minutes he'll show up.

She starts the countdown.

Surprise

Here's some tea for you

🤣🤣🤣

As far as the position. Spoke with them again yesterday. Should hear back again later this week to set up a working interview next week.

I'm still looking for other opportunities in the meantime also. Not putting all my eggs into one basket

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

LOL, lurking  😲 😮

"T" is persistent 😒 
She would not take no for an answer on the big bag of herbal teas. Then asked for my opinion as I try them.

Always good to keep your options open and hope that one of them present an enticing offer.


And on my Mane 😀, Up until 2 months ago I shaved my head using a #2 on my clippers.
I have stopped and letting it grow, Still not sure how long I'll let it get.
My wife never liked when I shaved it. I'll gauge how much she likes it as I let it grow.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 3rd, 2025

Hahaha yes wife's approval is what matters lol

Have you ever braided your hair?

Just curious

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

I did braid my own hair.

between the ages of 12 to 16 I baby sat for my older sister (my niece) and she had long hair, I would always braid hers.

Last year 2 of my granddaughters had long hair and I would braid theirs as well.

Apparently PAPA is the only one who can bush their hair and put it in a pony tail. 😀