Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 10th, 2025

Yes work on your surprise face lol

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 10th, 2025

Sitting in my office having a Chamomile Tea.
Boss will arrive just in time for my department meeting. 😒

Yea, can't talk with food in my mouth.   LOL

I'll end up choosing one of the following off the menu
I prefer fish over pasta 😁

Filetto di Salmerino

$34.00
Grilled fresh filet of arctic char

Orata alla Griglia

$44.00
Grilled butterflied Mediterranean sea bream with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 10th, 2025

Mmmm sounds delicious

My mouth is watering at the options ð¤¤

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 10th, 2025

Lunch took a whole 3 hours, BUT I Survived the ordeal 😊 A lot of idol chit chat that others were more engaged in, I sat back and listened more than yapped. 😁

The Arctic Char was Excellent 👍 👌

My colleague and I were over dressed, that's what I hated. The Sr. VP had faded jeans, too bad I did not see him until we were walking out the door or I would have gone to my office and got into my jeans. 😁 

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 10th, 2025

Mmmm glad you enjoyed the luncheon. Well deserved. Again I'm so proud of you. What a huge milestone you've accomplished. 👏👏👏👏👏

Whattttttt, they wore jeans after all that 😳

Lol 😂

At least you got a few new pairs of slacks out of it. I'm sure you looked nice either way

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 10th, 2025

Thank you again. 😊(blushing here)

New slacks to collect cat hair in my closet  😁 LOL


So, when do you officially start your new job?
Hope that window is south facing and you get sunlight all day long. (no emoji for sun) 

I digress, I miss my south facing window ☹️

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 10th, 2025

That darn cat hair lol 😸

I start Monday!!! Waiting for the background check to be completed

It's more of a North facing window.

But hey a Windows a window. I'll take it. Plenty of trees & sky on that side of the building. Looks very serene

I love trees so for me it's perfect ☺️

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 10th, 2025

When it's windy I can watch them dance from my window

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

Good morning,

well you have a few days to gather your thoughts and pick out your attire.

 Vent time for me 🥺

I have been up since 4AM, pondering the fact that I’m all alone with no true friend to physically speak to and confide in. Times like this is where my heart misses “C” and I feel so empty. I’m working from home today and that does not help, less here to occupy my mind.

You know what they say “idol hands/minds are the devil’s workshop”  The negative thoughts and self-sabotage just don’t stop.

sorry to dump on you, but I thought by getting this out i would somehow feel better??? 

I think as the day gets closer to submit my notice of retirement, I am getting more anxious because then I really will be up the creek without a paddle and drowning.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Awwww 🥺

I totally get it. It's ok to unload I don't mind.

Ik what you mean, having that 1-1 irl is all the more meaningful. I feel like that at times when I'm missing "M" though surprisingly not as much

Well for now at least, let's check back in a day or two lol 🤣

Have you thought about maybe joining like a social club/hobby after retirement?

Ik socializing isn't your thing really, but I think maybe trying to find a like minded friend might ease up some of what your feeling. I do believe not only will it occupy your mind but it'll help fill that void of having someone irl to talk to.

My only suggestion is to let it be a guy. If it's another woman feelings could potentially develop. We both know how that goes lol back to square 1 🙄

For this reason I mainly try to keep my close circle irl as women, if it's a man ik one of us is bound to feel something uk