Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

You are right, that I really need to find a male friend to minimize the potential for getting stuck in the same scenario again, I surely do not need that.

As for club/hobby. I have a hobby - Been working on a classic car for the last 17 years. Am a member of a couple local car forums and it has been years since I've had a member over to assist with some car stuff. I poke my head in the forums maybe once every two weeks and have nothing to contribute as I really have not put any work into my car lately. Kinda lost interest but am really hoping I can spend time with my car once I retire, if SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will give me time alone in the garage 🤪

Just hard for me to connect with them as 99% of them are, believe it or not way older than I am 😳 and typically live minimum 2hrs away.
They use to have breakfast gatherings once a year, then garage/shop tours that would last most of the day. That pretty much dissolved since Covid. I would go mostly to get idears to incorporate in to my car, spend virtually the whole time on my own.

I know my wife would like us to join a fitness swim club or a Pickle Ball Club but I need that one friend that does not know my wife. Because if I ever did have some one I could confide in, I'd like to know that none of what I say would ever reach her ears 😧

Thanks for being my rock today. 🥹

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will give me time alone in the garage 🤪

Hahahahaha at first I thought you were going to say this was the name of your car lol

Yeah find a guy friend that you can just chill with, do you shoot pool?

Ever run into people when you go for walks? Maybe?

I'm trying this myself actually doing the things I love that are outside of my comfort zone. Like going somewhere to meet like minded people with similar interests outside of my normal group of friends for the very same reason. So there is no intermingling with the spouse lol. A lot of our friends are shared, you know "couple friends" so it's hard to really vent when ik they're friends with my husband too. So if I'm talking to the wife there's a 99% chance she'll tell her husband. Nothing crazy but just tell him things that I've confided in her with that could come back to my husband. Nobody wants that. Like if I'm just upset and wanna say something don't tell him, just let be upset hahahaha 


star-tamil-chat-sanjay-chat.gif

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

HaHaHa   Name of my Car  Too Funny.   I actually call it ODDITY It is a one year only model, that barely any parts from model years before and years after are inter changeable. Got to admit though, catchy acronym? It's what us car guys use on the forums 😃

For that very reason, I do not openly talk to my neighbours, because I know when they get drinking, they blab.  Heck "C" knew more about me in 12 years than my neighbours did in 26 years 😜

No pool for me. haven't been in a billiards since i was a teen.

Funny when I walk 99 % of the people out there walking are women ☹️ and I am not the type to just start a covo with a stranger. I will nod my head or smile but I get some strange looks.


Heck, I almost wanted to strike up a covo with the cashier at my local grocery store yesterday (again a female) she had the most intriguing finger nails, all sharpened to into daggers LOL very pointy nicely painted. I have been experimenting with mine lately 😁 I noticed she was looking at them. Trying the flat look lately. Evenly rounded or pointy seem to break much quicker. Yes, I like my nails long  LOL So does my wife for those back scratches. 😉 and the grandkids get a kick out of painting them 

pxl-20250911-133748784_1757597952.jpg

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Lol Syd,

You have a thing for/with the ladies 🤣

Unintentional ladies man I get it

But understandably so it's the same for me with men. Naturally, we're drawn to the opposite sex so it's easier for us to converse with them & have good banter.

BUT

Our biggest strength is our biggest weakness lol 😆

I have to actively turn down the flirting. It just comes natural

Sooooo lately I've tried to be more vague but it's not working for me Syd LOL 😂

My vagueness as of late had led to men asking more questions, trying to get me to open up more. They like mystery

I'm just tryna be safe out here lol

That's it. I'm locking myself up

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

I think people aren't as friendly as before, so when they do meet a person who's just smiling at them it's odd nowadays

But don't stop smiling & nodding.

A like minded kind soul will eventually be like

Hey wassup ? 😎

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

True that people are not as friendly as they use to be.

My wife and I would go for walks and she always says HI to people passing and some will reply others look like, you talking to me?

We like to stroll through rural towns and we find the folks there are much more friendlier and responsive.


I sometimes think that being vague, make us more intriguing to others 😳 I think for me, that is why "T" might be interested?? We can't win for loosing 🤣
Even though I'm sh!te scared of retirement, I can't wait to get out of there and move on

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

It's true in more rural areas usually people are more laid back & friendlier

I wouldn't mind living in a more rural area for that reason but would want to still feel somewhat close to the city.

Noooo we can't win 😂

What is the balance for us?

T will probably NOT have a good time when you leave

tea-tea-pour.gif


User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

Some Chamomile or Valarian LOL  To calm me down

I should send this to "T" on my last day  LOL

shining-heres-johnny.gif

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Hahahaha ð¤£

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

Currently filling out all the onboarding documents.... Y so much paperwork

😮‍💨