Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

They can be a pain, I know, lately I have had a revolving door for my employees.
And every time a new person starts, they complain about all the paperwork.


I hate this time of year, our year end is coming up and I have to do performance reviews for each of my employees. LOL  It's a lot of copy and past from the previous years reviews 😁 Thankfully the last set of reviews for me.
The part of being Manager that I hate. It's bad enough I barely talk to my team. 

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Copy & Paste 😄

Works well enough lol

Meh, Johnny... You uhhhhh... You're doing a great job 👍

Uhhh Chris... You're doing swell pal ✅

Hmmm Joe... Too many smoke breaks during the day 🫣

Then Joe says... Well actually I quit after last years performance review

Goshhhhh darn it... What I meant to say was you're more alert & present as ever... Keep it up lol

🤣🤣🤣

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

something-like-that-rhonda.gif

I really despise them but am happy this is the last of them.

After i write them out, have to pass them to my boss for approval before even meeting with my guys. 🙁
They have this box with 9 squares, and we have to put an X were we think they stand. BUT I am always told, if they are doing their job, they go right in the middle, they have to be standing on their heads performing miracles to get anything better.

I was thinking of moving mine right up there and say I'll quit and walk out if not approved 🤣 but by then they will be in the process of replacing me.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Really, so even if they're doing stellar you can't let them know

Wow

That's interesting

In my old job if my team was going well or a particular person was, I'd send out an email to the floor

Promoted positivity & good competition. Everyone wanted me to send out an email acknowledging them so they ended up always hitting their marks

If my team is doing good then I'm doing good 😊

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 11th, 2025

The only thing everyone seems to be hung up on is our SLA's on user tickets.

Our mandate is to be at 85% and we consistently come in around the 90% mark.

That is the one thing I always let my team know, where they are with their SLA's. It does bring a little competition between them to best each other.

I've also created reports that each of them have access to so they can track their own progress.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 11th, 2025

Noiceeeeee

Sometimes I'd bring in gummy bears too lol 😆

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 12th, 2025

Good Morning,

I work in the food industry and sometimes we get all kinds of TREATS for our Merchandisers or suppliers. I try to fatten my team up almost weekly 😁

LOL

Entice with treats 🤣

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 12th, 2025

Morningggggggg 🌄

Yessssss, treats always work

I saw in your other post you did 7 hours overtime last night.

😳😳😳😳

That's crazy insane

Did u get some rest?

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 12th, 2025

Good thing it doesn't happen that often.
I started at home working remotely, then had to drive in to assist my team member. Good thing I'm only a 10 minute drive from the office. 😀
Came home went straight to bed, but up at 4AM, toss and turn till 5 and finally dragged my a$$ out of bed. some rest but not enough.

But now I have 10.5 hrs banked to take time off when needed. 😁

1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 12th, 2025

@braindamag3

Ahhh man, you're body is determined to wake you up early. Wow

Glad you're able to use that time for whenever you need it 😊

load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 12th, 2025

that's the one good thing about OT for me, being a manager they will noy pay me for OT 


Ever since the break up of "C"'s friendship, My internal clock has been Fu('d, I might get 1 good night every two weeks. And even then I probably have to go to bed stoned or after a couple of beers.

At least it hasn't ruined my falling asleep, my head hits the pillow and I'm out like a light.