Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 17th, 2025

The magic of cut and paste LOL

Still not satisfied with my PFP, it's more of a mind blown than brain damage 🤯 ☺️ picture.

Aside from "S" it was like double whammy with "T" then "C" in the mall was completely unexpected.

Then spent a better part of the afternoon talking to "S". She is sad that I am going to retire before her, she was hoping that we would go at the same time at the end of next year. She is in 40th year of service there.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 17th, 2025

Woahhhh must be a great company to have all of you long time employees there

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 17th, 2025

It was a great company, but the last few years it just does not seem like family anymore.

They estimate that 30% of the employees are lifers, 20+ years service. A good portion have been there 30+ years.

At one point our head office was stationed in Montvale, NJ. Now everything is in Canada.

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 17th, 2025

Oh, I see. Did most people move with the company?

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 17th, 2025

The US side sold us to a Canadian competitor,

No one from the US stayed.

The company has over 100 years of history in Canada

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 17th, 2025

Oooo wow

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 18th, 2025

Good morning,

I need more 😴 💤 LOL

After a day like yesterday, seeing "C" even at the end of the day while heading to my car. She was steps ahead of me, this time all I said to her was "have a good night", as I kept walking. I don't think she said anything back but smiled.

My mind just races and unfortunately my heat starts to pine again. I really can't wait till the end of the year. 🥹 

Hope you have a great day at work. 🤗

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 18th, 2025

That's got to be hard. Seeing her right there in front of you. 🥺

Today went by pretty fast. Feel like I'm seeing "M" everywhere lately. Not literally but I just get little reminders of him in ppl. It plays with my mind a bit can't lie

Don't worry you've just got a few more months & then you're home free 😆. How'd your day go today?

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 18th, 2025

Work was good, spent part of the morning, then part of the afternoon yapping with "S". Helped pass time and keep my mind occupied ☺️ 

One of our suppliers came in and had to show him around at some renovations areas.

I know what you mean about seeing but not seeing someone. I still do that with "C", unfortunately she fits the profile of a lot of older women, 5ft nothing and a bit on the stocky side.  

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 19th, 2025

Look at you yapping it up lol

I'm glad the day was able to move along nicely

I understand that you mean by the similar build

Whenever I see like a brawly, hairy, bearded, muscular guy with piercing eyes I think of "M". It's the well groomed beard. Drives me crazy ð«£