Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For two broken hearts to try and mend

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 24th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3

If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️

Thank you

431
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Same here 🤣

When I'm motivated I'm really motivated in my exercise routine. When I'm not it's like womp womp

😔 Sorry to here she's in so much pain emotionally

Wait, it just clicked. Is that why your username is @braindamag3? I was trying to figure it out lol

My username was auto generated. Originally I was going to change it, but feel the name convivialavocado1138 is a part of me now 😆

& U guys are definitely on tract. If you didn't jump off the tracts that means your still on it.

No marriage is perfect, but worth it ☺️

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Same here 🤣

When I'm motivated I'm really motivated in my exercise routine. When I'm not it's like womp womp

😔 Sorry to here she's in so much pain emotionally

Wait, it just clicked. Is that why your username is @braindamag3? I was trying to figure it out lol

My username was auto generated. Originally I was going to change it, but feel the name convivialavocado1138 is a part of me now 😆

& U guys are definitely on tract. If you didn't jump off the tracts that means your still on it.

No marriage is perfect, but worth it ☺️

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

The only consistency I have kept is walking at least 3 times a week. I really need to get back at strength training and building some muscle mass 💪

LOL  BrainDamag3   PINK FLOYD Brain Damage  And if you search the lyrics, it will explain a lot 😉
This song has stuck with me for a very long time ( 4 decades + )

I had to google convivial  

(of an atmosphere or event) friendly, lively, and enjoyable.
(of a person) cheerful and friendly; jovial.    <<<< From what I've read so far, spot ON 😃
1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Thank you ☺️

load more
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Yayyyy, it's good you have walking in your routine.

I had to Google Convivial myself, and I was like ok, it's cute I like the meaning, I think I'll keep it 😄

Listened to your song then googled the meaning of the lyrics too. It's a deep song

What makes you connect with this song?

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

What makes you connect with this song?

Feel like there has always been someone in my head, but not me !! Make sense?

Growing up, I was always the odd one, standing on the outside. 
People only wanted to be around me because I had pot or hash every day.

I never fit in anywhere, most of my teen years I was bu**ied by people who were supposed to be so called friends.
Had one real friend from age of 3 till about 16, then one day sleeping over at his place one of his older brothers friends tried to molest me when I was sleeping. ( WOW <<< This I have never told anyone before) I would never go to his house again and never told him why.

Even at parties, I take my pot, grab a drink and sit in a corner just stick to myself.

1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Wow, that's truly heavy. I see why this song has great meaning for you. That's hard to cope with

load more
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

The thing I appreciate here being on Cups is the sense of community, so even when you feel alone you're surrounded by those that get it, even if they don't fully get it you know

ð¥¹

2 replies
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138

I've been her since the middle of June, there are a handful of members who make you feel welcome and give it that sense of community and belonging, feeling seen. 


Sometimes, I don't know if it's just me or not but I have posted up and I end up feeling like I'm still standing on the outside looking in. I see others post up and get a reply and my post goes unnoticed. 
Am I too sensitive? 
I felt so dejected a while back that I contemplated just deleting the app off my phone and removing the link from my computer.

I am very thankful that you stepped up and accepted my invitation, you have been the only one. I have reached out to others who mentioned they were looking for an online friend but never a reply.

I started a very thoughtful post seeking an online friendship and was happy someone replied, I replied back. never heard another word and the next day my post was deleted. I had a whole mix of emotions and just wanted to walk away from it all. 🥹

1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

I understand no one likes the feeling of rejection. Maybe look at it as if they didn't see the post. Rewrite that happened in your head. Assuming may just make it feel worse.

I've found comfort within the difference chat rooms. Sometimes as a quiet observer. Other times I'll chime in every once in awhile. Very rarely. I don't always know how to make an entrance in a room where the conversation is already flowing so the nice hi everyone gives as an introduction to the room when you first come in is always a nice ice breaker ☺️

It allows me the opportunity to just chill & be introduced without the pressure of having to make that first step if I'm feeling anxious.

May not always click with everyone but a handful. My dad always said it's not about who you know it's about who knows you. I could personally care less to have a million friends, followers, etc. But a few close friends, now that's the sweet spot for me.

The ones that click just click but I don't try to put pressure on forming a friendship. Just let it flow.

You're pretty chill, don't underestimate what you have to give. There's only one of you !!! Nobody can be you better than you ☺️

load more
load more
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Heading out for a bit. About to run my errand that's close to where "M" is. Tryna stay strong 💪

This is part of a poem I wrote about him awhile back Oh, how I wish these words weren't so true right now:

I bury you into the deepest pit

Wishing you'd disappear forever

Longing for you to find a way out

Hoping to never see you

Wishing to bump into you

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

Thank you for that, but maybe too chill that I don't know how to interact with people. I do know one thing, if you met me face to face. I'd be that shy guy that would not say more than two words. ( hi, how are you?) that would be about it. 
Heck that's how awkward I am even around my neighbors, I wait for them to strike up conversation and when it's over, I'm like what the heck do I say??  LOL Long awkward silence at times.


I have poked my head in some of the chatrooms. Some moved so fast that I was overwhelmed with all the chatting going on. Most times I felt like I was again, standing on the outside looking in.

Days when I was down in the dumps and felt lonely, there was no activity going on in the Loneliness chat room.  I would type "Is there any body out there?"  and crickets, nada, nothing. 

I know I should not beat myself up over these things but my mind is my worst enemy. 🤪

User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

𥺠I totally understand at times I feel like that too.

Just know that you're not alone here on Cups

Even if it feels like that you aren't. We tend to lie to ourselves at times. Don't believe the lies you tell yourself. Only believe the truth.

âºï¸

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

I though you would like the quote I posted up in that tread. 👍

In my new journey there are bumps in the road but nothing I can't overcome. As I am sure you have the same bumps in your road. 

In the beginning the bumps were mountains to climb and all I wanted to do was sit at the bottom of them and wallow in my own sorrow. I have the odd breakdown but thankfully no where near as bad as they were.

were you able to stay strong on your outing?