Pen Pal chat for TobySkies15 & TaylorTargaryen
This is a penpal chat for me and TaylorTargaryen to hang out. Please don't post if you aren't listed. Thanks! 🙏
@TobySkies15 @TaylorTargaryen
Yo, I gave that song a listen and absolutely loved it. Thanks for recommending it. It's definitely one for the playlist. Let me swap another song. Have you ever listened to Lauv? I was just listening to his song called Changes.
Hey I'm glad you loved it! Like Ruby Soho, it was another song I was obsessed with for about 2 months haha, it's such a fun song. I haven't heard of Lauv, I'll give them a listen to. Thanks for the recommendation :) Still need to give The Score another listen to as well, will probably do that in the next few hours, once I wake up a bit more haha.
Feeling more tired than usual this morning, even though I left around 12:30 or so, I didn't actually fall asleep till about 2am. The second I got into bed I was fully awake which is just annoying but whatever, still got a decent amount of sleep at least. Hopefully you get a better night of sleep than I did :)
@TaylorTargaryen
I hope you enjoy the songs. I still listen to Ruby soho every now and then. Very catchy. 👍
Also, I slept fairly well last night, but I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to do the same. Was there anything in particular that might’ve been keeping you awake, or was it just one of those odd nights where sleep wouldn't come?
@TobySkies15
Glad to hear that you at least slept well :) It was just one of those odd nights which added to how annoying it all was. Had nothing on my mind and yet was fully awake, but oh well. I've napped so all good haha.
I did listen to those songs though! Still liking Legend, going to try out some of The Score's other songs when I get the chance. Changes, whilst a nice sounding song wasn't really for me sadly. But thanks for the recommendations, always happy to try out new music :) Happy to hear that you're still enjoying Ruby Soho! It's always a good time when it comes on.
I hope you're able to have a nice, relaxing weekend! Hopefully life isn't keeping you too busy when you deserve some time to relax.
@TaylorTargaryen
In regards to the song recommendation, it's no worries at all! Everyone's got different tastes in music. I'm glad you enjoyed legends and I hope you like their other songs.
It's great to hear that you were able to take a nap. Thanks for wishing me a good weekend, I hope the same for you as well. Got anything planned?
@TobySkies15
Thanks, I think it'll be a good weekend for me :) But I don't really have any plans to be honest, I feel like I'm in need of a chill, relaxing weekend so probably just going to game, maybe watch some movies. I've really been enjoying Majora's Mask today so most likely going to continue with that. That being said the Zora area + Water Temple is coming up soon and that entire area is such a HASSLE (as they usually are) so not looking forward to that haha.
How about you? Any plans? How's the sketching coming along? Have you had any time to play OOT or that farming game?
I hope you're able to enjoy lots of chill gaming this weekend. The water section...sounds like it'll be a ton of fun, lol. Good luck with that one. I did manage to play a bit of OOT yesterday which was nice. I'm not looking forward to the water temple once I'm done with fire, but hopefully I'll get through it faster than the last time I played it. Played a bit of story of seasons yesterday as well. 👍 I actually spent most of today hiking. Nature really helps me unwind, so I'm certainly enjoying my weekend so far. No sketching yet, but maybe later today.
@TobySkies15
Hey! Happy for you that you got to go hiking, sounds like it really helped you which is nice to hear. Hope you're able to have a nice night of relaxation. Good luck to you as well with the water temple! Though I got to admit, I feel like I'm one of the very few people who doesn't struggle with it, probably because I've done it a hundred times haha. The way I go about it is start at the bottom and go clockwise around the rooms then increase the water levels when I've done everything I can. Story of seasons! I couldn't remember the name for the life of me haha, hope you had fun playing that!
Thanks for the luck with my water stuff, I'll definitely need it haha. There's just so much to do, have to do a few things to even access the water area, then a million things to do whilst I'm there, then the water temple itself which is a toughie. BUT that's not all, there's stuff after the water temple I have to do in the same three day cycle, one of which is actually going back and doing some of the first two temples again for a side quest. So yeah... going to have to dedicate a good amount of my day to do that haha 😅
@TaylorTargaryen
Thanks, everything's been good on my end. I beat the fire temple and will be moving on to water now. Sounds like you've got a pretty well organized and efficient way of tackling the water temple. It's nice that you don't struggle with it, no matter how tedious it may be. I think a weekend spent on MM is a weekend well spent.
How have you been today by the way?
@TobySkies15
Glad everything's been going good for you, I hope it stays that way :). Have fun with the water temple! If that's even possible haha.
I've been doing okay today, was feeling a bit lonely last night but I'm feeling better today. I beat the 2nd temple and did some side stuff on MM so nicely progressing through that. Taking a few hours break from it for now though. I need to make a list of all the things I need to do before, in and after the water area, I wish I was exaggerating when I said there was a lot to do with that area but sadly there really is a lot haha. Need to write everything down otherwise I will forget.
How about you? How are you today? Any plans?
@TaylorTargaryen
I'm sorry to hear you were feeling lonely last night. I don't think many people realize how powerful the feeling of loneliness can be. It's hard stuff, and I'm sorry you had to go through it, but I think you're really strong for getting through it.
Regarding MM, I love that you plan everything out. Most people will just take it head on, and end up completely confused. Shouldn't be too much of problem for you though. I'm sure you'll breeze through all of the tedious stuff like it's nothing.
Today I'm going to try and get some drawing done. Might go out for a bit to buy a few groceries, nothing major.
@TobySkies15
Yeah loneliness can really creep on you out of no where and it's such a powerful feeling. Sometimes it happens at night when everything is quiet but I just remember that it always gets better in the morning. Thank you for the kind words as always :)
Hahaha, I do love planning and being organised whether it's gaming or in real life, makes everything easier and less stressful. I love 100 percenting games so having a plan or a rough idea of what I need to be doing and when really helps out. Though in this situation it's just because there's an overwhelming amount of things to do haha. Maybe I'll show you the list when I'm done, so you can get an idea and just how much I need to do. I appreciate your confidence in me! Though I'm not sure I'll be able to breeze through it all haha.
Good luck with the drawing! I hope you have fun and make progress with it. Hopefully you'll be able to share more of your amazing art with me soon :). Having nothing major going on though is great, especially when you've needed some calm few days. Hopefully the calm days have really helped out and that you'll be able to tackle the next week with ease 💪
@TaylorTargaryen
Of course, Tay. I'm always down to listen if you ever feel like venting, or just talking about whatevers been going on in your life. I'm glad the loneliness decides to leave you alone in the daytime. You got this.
Also, I'd love to see that list. Organization can be so satisfying. But that aside, I am interested to see your methods and how you lay it all out, so if you can please do share. 🙏
I'll share some more drawings with you for sure. I admit that while I like showing you my art, I was a little hesitant about sharing in the group chat. I'm not completely comfortable sometimes, and while I feel comfortable with showing you, I can get a little nervous about everyone else seeing it. Hopefully that makes sense. But assuming that most people won't be popping into this thread, I do feel better about sharing. So in short, yes I'll be sharing tons more art with you. 👍
@TobySkies15
Thanks Toby :) And as you of course know I am always happy to listen and chat with you whenever you need as well.
Here's the list of all the things I need to do surrounding the water area/temple in Majora's Mask: https://imgur.com/a/wTefGz4 (I'm hoping we're allowed to post links in a forum, I checked the guidelines and it should be fine. Gave plenty of context just in case!) As you can see, there's quite a lot of things to do haha. The crazy thing is, is that I could have added 3 more things if I already didn't do them before making the list. Gave them a dark background because white background hurts haha.
I completely 100% understand and relate on the sharing art front. I'm comfortable with showing you my art, whether it's the pixel art or the art commissions I had done of some of my book characters, but I'm not fully comfortable with sharing it for everyone to see. There's one commission I had done that I would love to share, but it's a commission of the first character I ever created so it's really special to me and I just don't feel comfortable with just anyone seeing it so I haven't been able to share it yet. So yeah, I can completely understand how you feel. I'm glad that you feel comfortable sharing your art with me though, they're always amazing! And I'm very grateful for anything you send my way :)
Thanks Taylor! I appreciate you more then you know.
I read through your list and wow, that's an impressive document. It looks like you're all set to tackle that portion of the game, even if you might struggle a bit. It's kind of crazy how much work the game devs put into this, especially with the addition of so many side quests and small details. But yeah, the highlight was definitely all the little bits of humor you threw in there, made me laugh quite a bit. 😂 And thanks, the dark mode really helps.
Thanks for understanding. It's hard to share creative works, especially in a public space like the group chats. I'm sure we'd both have some peace of mind knowing that only we could access any art work we share. But of course, the forums are public.
How are you doing today? Anything new with you?
@TobySkies15
I'm glad you liked my list, and yep there's a lot to do haha. MM has so many side quests to do, luckily a lot of them are fun so it's not that tedious. That being said, it's probably going to take me a few days to do everything so will feel a bit tedious haha. I added the humour since I felt like it'll give me a bit of reassurance along the way, especially the bit about the iron boots... oof I'm glad that's no longer a pain on the 3DS remake of OOT haha. Happy that they made you laugh!
I'm not doing that good today to be honest. Work was fine but currently feeling a bit sad. Feel like having a nice weekend to relax and play games was really good for me but then having to go back to normal and be an adult, go to work etc is just ugh. I'm sure I'll be fine though, whilst I'd love if life was all fun and games it sadly can't be, gotta be a big boy and push forward. How about you? Hopefully all good on your end!
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, I'm really sorry you're feeling sad today. I wish I could've come and sent you a message sooner, but work got in the way. It's a shame we don't have matching timezones, it would be much easier for us to talk without it being either super early or really really late at night. Having to deal with life and adult stuff can be such a pain sometimes, so I can understand why you feel low after coming back to all of it. I hope you're doing alright right now, Tay. I know there's not a lot I can do to improve your sitution, but I can offer some virtual hugs if you want. 🤗
My day has been fairly average. Not good or bad, but I think that's a good thing. Same old same old.
@TobySkies15
Don't worry about when you can and can't reply, I assumed you'd be working and would reply when you had the chance. But I do really appreciate you wanting to reply earlier and always appreciate the kind words and support you give me :) I agree, it would be lovely to have matching timezones or at least a closer one but oh well, we deal with the hand we're dealt. At least we have this forum to send stuff whenever we can't meet up in the groups. I'm actually doing better right now, I think just having some time to put the work day behind me has helped. I will always accept virtual hugs from my clone! 🫂
An average day is better than a bad day so it's definitely a good thing! How did work go? Hopefully it was an easy day for you. Anything planned for the rest of the day?
It's late for me so I shall be going to bed after I send this reply, I wish you a good night of sleep for when night comes, though if I wake up early I might catch you before you sleep if you're online haha.
So I actually overslept a bit today so I would have missed you if you were on late for you 😅. Thankfully I started work an hour later than usual so wasn't late for that haha. Thought I'd tell ya that I'm doing a lot better today, I think yesterday was just a bad day. Wasn't too happy going back to work after a nice weekend and there was a few rude/annoying people I had to deal with which I think that made things a tiny bit worse.
I was walking to work yesterday and had a dog jump on me which was fine since he was just being playful but it did startle me a bit haha. The owner though didn't even bother to apologise, just told the dog to get off me and carried on walking. Is it so hard to have some common courtesy these days? 🙄
How are you today Toby? Hopefully work hasn't been too hard on you.
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Tay. Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I got pretty sick, (might’ve been food poisoning, but I'm not sure to be honest..) then spent the next day mostly sleeping and recovering. I'm doing a lot better today thankfully, so no need to worry.
I'm happy to hear that you've been feeling better. Some people can be really insensitive and hard to tolerate, and I'm sorry that they were rude to you. You deserve so much better then to be treated like that. That dog owner should've apologized to you as well. You're completely right, it doesn't take much to be kind or polite. Unfortunately there's a very large percentage of people who would rather give up everything they have then admit that they made a mistake or apologize. But all in all, I'm just glad you weren't hurt, Tay.
How are you doing today?
@TobySkies15
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you were sick Toby, glad you're feeling better today and hopefully you'll be fully back to normal in no time. Food poisoning sucks, I had it around 3 months or so again and I felt utterly destroyed so sadly can relate. Hopefully it was just food poisoning and not something else, you don't want to copy your clone and be sick on and off for a month haha. Definitely take it easy over the next few days, plenty of water and plenty of rest! Don't worry about apologising! I understand that you'll reply when you can, there's never been any hard feelings for when you haven't been on for a few days.
I'm doing good today though! Today's my day off work which is nice. I had a very lazy start to the day haha, woke up at 10am and didn't get out of bed till 11... I haven't done that in a long time 😅. I haven't really done much today though, mainly just chill out playing games. I did do some yoga though! That's something I keep forgetting is a thing I can do, I haven't done it in years so I'm excited to get back into it. Was going to go jogging today but... I honestly couldn't be bothered to do so 😅, I'll do it another day!
Hopefully you're able to have a relaxing day today. Got anything planned for today? Also you're totally right about some people never admitting they're in the wrong, but oh well. At least there's many decent folk out there in the world.
Hey, Taylor! 👋 Hope you've been doing well and making good progress in MM. And I also hope work has been easy for you. I've been really busy lately, so I haven't really been on cups for a while. But I've missed this place, so I'm back now that I've got more time. Thankfully I didn't catch any colds after that little bout of food poisoning, so all good over here, and coming back strong. I did find a few more drawings from my pokemon comic. (Not the actual comic yet, unfortunately.) I'll take some nice clear pics and show them to you tomorrow.
How have you been this past week? Anything new?
@TobySkies15
Toby! It's been so long! I thought you left and I'd never see you again 😭 (Lmao only joking) It's good to hear from you again though! I'd assumed you were busy, hopefully not too busy though! Glad you didn't get sick in the long run and are doing all good on that front. Happy that you got more time now and are now back! More Pokemon drawings 👀 yes please! Always an honour to see your amazing drawings. Maybe one day you'll find that comic, I know you've been trying to find it for a while now, must be so annoying that you still can't find it. Maybe you'll slowly find all the drawings you did for it instead of the entire thing haha
I've had I think an overall average week, though I've definitely did quite a bit haha. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed early in the week, just a lot to do and typical adult stresses but I've been on it and been managing my time well so feeling so much better and have been having a good time! I did spend a few days just having quiet time, not really talking to anyone outside of work which was nice, felt like I needed some time to myself to do some thinking and getting my stuff in order.
I ended up watching a Naruto spinoff called Rock Lee & his ninja pals, I don't know if you've seen it but I 100% recommend it! It's hilarious, I cried laughing a few times haha, though that tends to happen a lot with me.
I actually just finished Majora's Mask yesterday and I loved it. The water temple... wasn't that hard? Maybe I've just gotten better at doing temples as I got older but yeah didn't find it that difficult, though it is a long one haha. Took me an hour to get through. I remember that temple usually taking me until the night of day 2 to complete but actually finished it the night of day 1 which was a nice surprise, though it did make me feel like I forgot to do something in there haha (thankfully I didn't) The game actually made me do quite a bit of thinking though, one of the later side quests tend to happen right before the moon crashes so I got to see how quite a few of the characters deal with impending doom and it was... weirdly beautiful? People just carrying on their lives, being with the ones they love, doing the things they love, the guards whilst terrified still being on guard to protect the town members. It was really lovely to see, I think it's easy to forget the seriousness and hopelessness of the situation because you can just reset time and easily avoid the world ending, but for everyone else they're just living their lives, knowing there's nothing they can do to stop the moon from crashing but carrying on anyway. Though they are just fictional characters in a game and aren't actually real but still haha, everything was a great experience.
Hoping that this week goes well for you and that it doesn't keep you too busy. How's OOT been for you? Hope the water temple hasn't been too much of a hassle for you. Even though I was having some quiet time to myself I was starting to miss our chats so glad to hear from you again!
Seems like you might have gotten busy again haha. Hope everything is going well over there for you and I hope to hear from you soon, I need to nerd out with you again haha.
I don't really have anything to add on my end, doing the usual adult duties. Looking forward to when Legends ZA comes out, gotta get through the Pokemon fan game I've been playing before it releases, slowly making progress!
Looking forward to hearing from you, hopefully you've got something interesting going on and that work isn't keeping you too busy from hobbies and having fun.
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Taylor! I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, and I'm glad to hear you've been well lately. In all honesty, I was really struggling mentally in the last little while. It was the first anniversary of the passing of a very good friend of mine and the grief was difficult to cope with. I'm doing a lot better now, and I wanted to let you know that I'm okay. If I'm going to be taking a break from the site in the future, I'll let you know beforehand instead of disappearing and making people worry. I tend to retreat into myself when I'm feeling low. Lots of thoughts about being a bother, and not being the best version of myself. But I've missed you and everyone on 7cups, and I'd love to continue nerding (is that a word?..) and geeking out over things with you.
It's great that you finished MM. Sounds like you totally flew through the game with your pro gamer skills. I think the devs did a fantastic job with it and the time they took to add every little detail in really brought the game to life. I loved reading through your posts by the way, and it's always awesome to hear about what you've been up to. (You've always got something interesting to say haha). But yeah, I might have to check out that Naruto spin-off. 🤔
@TobySkies15
Toby! I'm really sorry to hear about your struggles, I had two grandparents die last year so I can relate to dealing with grief, especially when it's the first anniversary of their passing. Always hear to talk about anything on your mind if you need it. But I'm glad you're doing a lot better now though, it's very easy to retreat into ourselves and have some alone time when things get tough, but in my experience, that tends to be the way to get better so, glad it worked for you :)
Honestly replaying Majora's Mask has made me remember just how much of a great game it is, I rarely replay it since it requires a lot more thought to get through than OOT but man, I'm glad I replayed it, was amazing. Hopefully now that you're feeling better, you'll have some great experiences soon, whether gaming, hobbies or just life in general. But yes! Check out the Naruto spin off, I really enjoyed it, far more than I expected to.
@TaylorTargaryen
Thanks Tay! Thanks for being so understanding. I'm really sorry that you had to go through such a great loss. I know grief doesn't go away, it just gets easier to manage with time, so I hope it can get easier for both of us.
I too hope I can have some great experiences soon! I want to believe that my life is going to get better soon, and I'm hoping the same for you as well.
I still need to finish OOT! I did manage to play quite a bit the night before, so hopefully I'll be finished with it soon. I'm excited for Z-A as well.
@TobySkies15
Thank you for all the kind words :) I'm sure life will get a bit better and easier for you soon and if it doesn't I'll be having words 💪
I can relate to your other message about feeling like a bother though, I've definitely had days before when I felt like a bother and just a nuisance to those around me but the important thing to remember if that it's not true! You're definitely not a bother to people, I can guarantee that people love being around you and talking with you, I know I do.
Hopefully you'll be able to finish OOT soon, especially with Legends ZA around the corner haha. Have you got much left? Hopefully you've been having fun with it and the temples haven't posed too much of a hassle for you. (I've been trying to heart your message btw but for some reason I'm not allowed, don't know if it's a bug or something else)
@TaylorTargaryen
Thanks for saying that, Tay. Sometimes it's easy for me to wonder what people really think about me, though some people make it obvious. I try to ignore those who don't enjoy my presence. I like talking to you too.
I'm about to start the spirit temple, so not much left of the game. Surprisingly enough, I got through the water temple fairly quickly. I guess somehow my brain is far superior to the brain of my teenage self haha. I have high hopes I'll be done with the game very soon.
@TobySkies15
Apparently I'm not allowed to heart your message either...You can just imagine I gave it a like, lol.
@TobySkies15
Well thankfully I'm not the only person who can't heart messages... I guess haha. But yes imagine I'm hearting yours as well. People who don't enjoy Toby's presence are not people we should be paying attention to! I'm glad you're able to ignore them though, obviously we can't get everyone to like us which is fine. I'm hoping you have many people in your life who remind you just how much they value you.
Enjoy the spirit temple! I'm pretty sure I mentioned before it was one of my favourites, splitting the temple into two parts, one where you're a kid and the other an adult just felt so amazing to play through. I'm glad you go through the water temple quickly, I did the same with MM and it felt so weird haha, I guess as we get older our brains somehow get better at handling water temples haha. You'll be done with the game in no time, hopefully Ganon's castle isn't too much trouble for you but since you go through the water temple I'm sure you'll manage!
@TaylorTargaryen
Thanks, Tay. I hope I can surround myself with people like that someday. I'm hoping the same thing for you as well of course. Can't have you feeling unappreciated or taken for granted.
I'm excited to play through the spirit temple for that reason as well. Just gonna try and enjoy the experience while it lasts. I have to say, I'm always glad to be done with the shadow temple. I remember struggling a bit with the final ganon boss, but I think I'll manage better this time around.
Hey Toby! Hoping you're having a great day today. Here's the Umbreon "graffiti" I was talking about yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/Hs5k4ZQ Trying to decide what shade of purple I should go with, kinda leaning towards the second one which is slightly darker. The Umbreon with the white, spray outline was just me testing out what he'd look like with the outline, was thinking whether I should go with him in the circle or an outline but I think the circle looks far better so will probably end up ditching the outline idea.
I tried finding the character description of the duelling character I mentioned yesterday but can only find a very simple, basic description of her abilities. Will continue looking but if I can't find anything, I'll have to do a rewrite which should be fun. Hopefully will have it for you soon.
I'm sure you'll be able to beat Ganon with ease, you are a man of many skills and talents. You can do anything! Have you got any plans for today and the weekend?
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Tay! I just looked at the umbreon graffiti and I totally love it. The purple backdrop behind it really allows the dark fur color to pop. I agree with you, I'm really liking the circle better than the outline, I feel like it compliments the image more and matches with it nicely. Really awesome stuff. 👍
I'm sorry you couldn't find the full appearance description for your character, but I hope you have a good time rewriting it if that's something you enjoy. There's no rush by the way. I'd be happy to read it whenever you have the time. I consider myself pretty lucky I get to read it at all, so take your time. :)
Also, thanks haha. It might seem like I can do it all, but trust me, there are a lot of things I can't do. But still, I appreciate the compliment. Still not used to getting so many, and my brain goes blank, but I'll just say thank you, lol.
No significant plans for today. Just the usual on my end. How about you? How have you been, Tay?
@TobySkies15
As I already said, glad you liked it! You made good points about how the purple compliments Umbreon's colours which I wish I could say I did on purpose but it was more of a happy coincidence haha.
I'll definitely have a good time rewriting her description! Her story really isn't something that I've done a whole lot with since I plan for her to come in later in one of my book universe's so actually looking forward to giving her some attention again! Think I'll do a better job writing her description this time around since I probably originally would have done it way back in 2018! (My lord it's scary how long ago that was)
Hey now! You always tell me I can do anything I set my mind to so now I'm telling you that! You can definitely do it all! I can definitely relate to not receiving a lot of compliments, feels weird and difficult when it comes to responding to them haha
Well I hope because you don't have significant plans it means you get some time to chill and relax. Again as I said I'm doing pretty good today, felt stuck in the same pattern so changed it up a bit, went on a chill walk, changed up the order of adult duties etc. Felt like it really helped! No plans on my end though really, making progress on that Pokemon game which has been nice, feel like I'll definitely finish it before ZA comes out!
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey hey, Tay. I hope the last few days have been good for you. I'm definitely missing summer already. I probably mentioned that I don't do well with the cold, but hopefully all the extra layers of clothing will keep me warm. (It isn't even that cold technically...) I hope you're keeping warm too, with your cold and all. Hoping you have a speedy recovery and all these viruses leave you alone for a long time after this.
What have you been up to lately? Did you manage to finish that pokemon fan game? How are you doing today, Tay? :)
@TobySkies15
Hey Toby! You've definitely mentioned that you don't handle the cold well haha, hoping that it doesn't get any colder for you for a while. We've had a mix of cold and warm here so it hasn't been too bad, though trying to plan how many layers to wear can be a challenge haha, not something I was expecting to struggle with. Hope those extra layers are keeping you warm! Actually doing a lot better on the health side of things, cold has gone but still having a few stomach issues which I think will be gone soon thankfully.
Still playing through the fan game, reached a gym where only one of my Pokemon are actually any good so having to change the team around a bit before I'm able to deal with it. Doing well today though! Just got done doing my 7th day of yoga about 10 minutes ago which oh boy was a challenge. Hoping your exercise challenge is going well on your end! How have you been lately?
Hey hey Toby! Hope you've had a good week, if I remember rightly you said you were going foraging this weekend? If you went, I hope it went well! Did you get anything nice? Have you been up to much since we last spoke? Had much time for gaming or hobbies?
I managed to finish that Pokemon fan game! Boy it was a challenge at the end, there's a challenge to not have any mon's faint during the elite 4 and champion and I somehow managed to achieve that. Got some special mon's as a reward which is nice :). Though my team could have definitely been better, I had a Politoed whose stats were AWFUL, I didn't check until after I finish fighting them all so that was a surprise. He was somehow slower than my Metagross... who ended up also being a bit of a useless mon, I think I sent him out in one fight haha.
Nothing else to really add on my end to be honest, just doing the typical work and adult routine. 30 days of yoga still going on. I know I said I'll send you some animal pics/videos and that character description but honestly I haven't rewritten the description fully yet... I kinda forgot about it 😅. With the animals, I'm going to send them the next time we see each other in the group chat, there's a story that goes with one video and it's easier to explain outside of a thread. I sadly haven't seen the three legged cat that I spoked about, hopefully will this coming week, maybe my starting times changing on different days means I just missed them.
Hope to hear from you soon!
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Taylor! Thanks for checking in. I did manage to go foraging, but I didn't find a lot. Still, finding at least a few forageables made the trip worth it. I found some wild root vegetables that taste fairly similar to parsnips, so that was a win.
I'm glad you were able to finish that pokemon fan game. Defeating the elite 4 without any KO'd mons sounds like a difficult challenge, but it's awesome that you were able to pull it off. I feel like most players have a pokemon or two that has mediocre stats, but they somehow make it into their main party. I know I'm certainly guilty of keeping pokemon with bad stats, simply because it's a pokemon I like and I couldn't be bothered to hunt another with better stats. Politoed is awesome though, so I say, why not? haha.
It's great that you were able to stick with the 30 day yoga challenge, and I'm hoping that you feel really good once you've finished it. Ab challenge is still on for me as well, but it's a little tricky to maintain. (Don't always have the time or energy, but I somehow manage since the sessions are short.) Don't worry at all about the character description! Take all the time you need and write it whenever you feel like it. There's no hurry at all, life can be busy, I completely understand.
I'm hoping that I can continue playing OOT since I haven't touched it in the last week. There's not enough time in a day, and I'm tired...lol. I hope you have an awesome day, Tay.
@TobySkies15
Hey! I'm glad you were able to find a few bits on that trip, thankfully it didn't end up being a waste of time haha, though being in nature would at least have been worth it. Hopefully you'll be able to find the time to play OOT soon, especially since you're so close to the end! I can relate to being tired haha, I've been going to bed later than I should so it's completely my fault, going to sort that out from today onwards though. Hoping you're able to get plenty of rest!
I was actually planning to swap out Politoed for Walrein since I didn't have an ice type but decided not to since I like Politoed and I had a fairy type for dragons anyway so needing an ice type wasn't highly important. Wishing I did make the change though, would have made things easier haha. Though again, I didn't actually check his stats until after I became champion so eh, oh well.
Sadly not having an awesome day, I slept weirdly and a part of my back has been hurting all day which made work a bother to do. I did do some yoga though which helped out a bit with the pain and thankfully I have tomorrow off from work so I'll be able to take it easy. Can definitely relate to struggling with maintaining the challenge, some days I just feel very tired and struggle to find a good time to do it so definitely have had to force myself to find time and do it for the day. Though I'll be halfway through the 30 days tomrrow which is a nice milestone haha.
I hope you're able to have a good rest of the week Toby :)
Hey Toby! Hope everything is going well for you. Have you been playing ZA? If you have, I hope you're having fun with it! I've been enjoying it so far, though I wish that one day Gamefreak makes a tutorial that doesn't take more than an hour to get through haha, though with all the changes made it's at least somewhat understandable. Definitely started to enjoy it more after the hand holding stopped.
I've finally had that Agedashi tofu that you recommend me! Alongside some other things. First time having tofu and overall it was mostly good but also a bit hit or miss to be honest, most of the time it was fine but occasionally the texture was very spongy, slippery and tasted weird. Overall I'd say I liked it but yeah, maybe it could have been prepared better? I'm obviously not knowledgeable about tofu so maybe that's how it's supposed to be haha. You'll have to let me know! Oh also first time having soy sauce, it's good! Glad I got to try it out. I also had chicken gyoza and chicken yaki udon, I really enjoyed the gyoza! Definitely something I'd ordered again. The udon was nice, I did have some trouble with the noodles though, like the tofu most of it was fine but sometimes it was so wet and slippery, wasn't the nicest feeling in my mouth but oh well. Overall I liked the food so thanks for the recommendation! Allowed me to try out some food I wouldn't have thought of trying.
I finally have that 2 weeks off of work which my lord do I need. Been feeling like the stress of managing adult life and everything else has slowly been building up to a breaking point. Had a bit of a cry yesterday but honestly I'm happy I did! Instantly felt a lot of stress vanish which was nice. I'm feeling great today though, in a happy mood and feeling very glad that I have time to myself to just chill out and not having to worry about too many responsibilities.
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Tay! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good today! Sometimes crying can release so much tension and give us the strength we need to reset mentally. I can definitely relate, as I've lost count of the number of times my therapist had to remind me to have a good cry since I tend to hold things in. Hopefully this break from work can give you all the relaxation and happiness that you deserve. I'm sure tons of fun gaming is in your future.
The texture of tofu definitely depends on several factors such as cooking method (time, temp, etc), type of tofu, and quality of tofu. For agedashi tofu, it's fairly common for soft tofu to be used, which should have a delicate melt in your mouth texture when cooked correctly. Still, I do agree that everyone has their own experience when trying different foods. Gyoza is one of my favorite foods among many others, and I'm happy to hear that you really enjoyed it! I think it's quite normal for udon to have a slippery and chewy texture. If you enjoyed the flavor, but not so much the texture, I'd recommend yakisoba (if you haven't already had it) instead. They use soba noodles, which are thinner and more similar to the noodles they use to make ramen.
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play ZA yet, but I'm gonna make sure I get around to it. I finally have some down time today, so looking forward to getting some rest. Have you seen the new Pokémon leaks? I think it was called wind and waves? Not sure about the legitimacy of it all though, since I only looked over it briefly.
Have you got anything fun planned for the day? Regardless, I hope you have a really great day today, Tay. 👍
@TobySkies15
A good cry can do wonders haha, definitely feel like it's reset my mental state which is nice. I'm sure plenty of gaming is in my future as well haha, but hopefully a decent amount of writing as well. I've really been wanting to write recently but just haven't been in the mood to do it, either been tired or not in the best headspace so hopefully I'll do some in the next few days.
Didn't have anything planned for today really, decided to have a lazy day really, though I of course continued the yoga challenge. Just been playing ZA and watching TV. I hope you get around to the game soon! It's enjoyable, hopefully you'll like it as well. I have seen the leaks! Gen 10 winds and waves is an interesting concept, I hope they do well with it. Legends: Galar though... not a fan. I think literally any other generation of Pokemon would have been a better/interesting choice. (please give me Legends: Deoxys, Deoxys would be an amazing story to cover in a Legends game but to be fair, any legendary or mythical in that gen would also be cool) I'm hoping that multi region game is true though! Being able to travel from gen 1 to gen 4 regions would be amazing, I'm highly doubting it gets made though or it'll probably end up not being a good game haha.
Most of the tofu was thankfully how you described it but a few bits did feel very chewy and felt like I was eating some sort of meat, but of well it was still enjoyable. Honestly I liked gyoza more than I thought I would haha, glad to hear it's one of your faves, definitely was tasty food! The udon wasn't chewy in my experience just wet and slippery, though I still enjoyed it so can't complain too much haha. I'll keep yakisoba in mind, a quick google search shows that there are a few places that serve it and thankfully they're not as far away as the other place. Thanks for the recommendtation!
Happy to hear you got some down time today, enjoy getting some rest! Got any other places than resting? Anything interesting going on?
@TaylorTargaryen
Oh I forgot to add! I actually got my first random chance shiny Pokemon! Shiny Trubbish! Wasn't a Pokemon I had any plans to use but well now I gotta haha. Also I just realised I made a few misspellings/mistakes in my other post, I'm going to blame it on me being tired even though we both know actually it's just me being incapable of not making mistakes haha.
Hey hey Toby! I hope everything has been going great for you, hopefully life hasn't been keeping you too busy. I have to admit, I've been missing our conversations, it's been a while since we've been able to have a proper convo outside of this thread. Hopefully we'll be able to fully talk again soon!
I've been doing well, first week off of work is nearly over but lucky for me I've got another. It's been really helpful to just have time to sit back and relax and not have to worry about things, though that being said it feels like I've done nothing but chores all week haha. I've managed to complete the main story of Legends ZA and I enjoyed it! There's some improvements I would suggest but I'm happy with the experience it offered. Got some post game stuff to do which I'll start soon. I've now managed to get 6 random shinies which is just crazy! They are: Trubbish, Budew, Bellsprout, Swirlix, Skiddo and Gible. Would have been nice to not have so many grass/poison mon's but hey, I shall not complain haha. Hopefully you've had a chance to play the game!
Looking forward to hearing about what you've been up to recently!
@TaylorTargaryen
Hey, Taylor. I'm back, and I plan on being more active from now on. It's been a really difficult month for me physically and mentally, but I'm starting to do a lot better little by little. (For context: Issues with my health and struggling with lots of bad thoughts while trying to still function as an adult with responsibilities). I've honestly missed talking with you too, but I tend to retreat into myself when I'm not in the best state. Just don't want to project my negativity on others if you know what I mean. I get worried about talking to people when I'm not the best version of myself, especially people who are important to me. So that's why I've been away for a while now. I do really enjoy being able to talk back and forth with you verses communicating via forums. But it's nice that we can stay in touch this way, so I still appreciate.
Super happy to hear that you enjoyed ZA. I'll be starting it now that my life is finally getting back on track. It comes as no surprise to me that your a shiny mon magnet, those are some pretty awesome catches. Thanks for always being so patient and understanding when my mental health hits the fan. You're awesome, Tay and I hope you've been well during your break from work.
@TobySkies15
Toby! Welcome back! I'm really sorry that you've been having such a rough time lately and I'm happy to hear that you're slowly getting better. I've had issues with my health in the past so sadly I know how it feels - I had daily migraines for a year which thankfully slowed down to every few days the next year. 2 years with migraines, yeah I don't recommend haha. Being an adult with so much going on is definitely hard but I know you can do it. You've mentioned before that you retreat when things get tough which is okay, we all manage our problems in different ways and that's how you manage them, though opening up to people can be very helpful but that's easier said than done. I understand not wanting to be negative and not wanting to put that out there in the world, I've definitely done a lot of that when I was younger and oh boy, when I look back at some of those old messages I just cringe inside haha.
I know you've only known me for a few months and I'm just a guy you met online but if you are comfortable with it (and if not that's completely fine) I will happily be someone you can open up to and express any of those negative thoughts and feelings with. You don't have to be the best version of yourself with me if you aren't up to it, no one can put out the best version of themselves all the time. I don't know how much help I'd be, if I'd be any help at all but I know I can be someone who just listens and reminds you that I'm here for you if needed.
I hope you get to enjoy ZA! Lemme know how you find it! It definitely came as a surprise to me that I found as many shiny mon's as I have, I've been playing Pokemon for about 22/23 years and never found a random one till now. I feel like ZA is making up for all the years I never found one haha, I've found even more since the message I sent you. I had 3 shinies spawn at the exact same time! I totally freaked out haha, the amount of luck I've had with this game is unreal.
Always willing to be patient and understanding, it's what everyone should be doing after all, it's basic common decency haha. I've really been enjoying my break and not really looking forward to going back to work but oh well, gotta be an adult after all. I've mainly just played ZA to be honest and watched YouTube in my time off, though I did tune my guitar which oh boy, felt so stressed out that I was going to break the strings haha. It was so out of tune! Haven't started learning how to play yet but I did find a good website that will teach me so hopefully in the next few days I'll start that. I finished my 30 days of yoga challenge yesterday! Super proud of myself with that, though my body is TIRED and needs a break haha.
As always, looking forward to the next time I hear from you. Hopefully I'll hear that things have been going a lot easier for you :)