Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

@cyanessence Delving into the mind of @azurePond

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence August 13th, 2025

@azurePond

Hey azure!

I hope you don't mind me making this pen pal chat. I love the way you write and the things you say, and wanted to get to know the person behind the beauty. I don't know... I guess I'm just very curious and impressed!

I can't remember if I've told you this, but I have a pretty bad memory. It's a little hard to explain, but a lot goes missing.

I do remember some things, especially feelings, and I remember you gave some great feedback to one of my philosophical reflections. You asked some profound questions, and they left me speechless. I will get back to them one day, but I've been working on other things.

First, how are you? I also remember you write poetry? It's quite good, I've loved everything so far. I really like your style. Have you been doing much of that lately?

I also can't remember if you're religious. I also don't know if you want to talk about that kind of thing. I'm happy to hear your beliefs.

Any way, I hope you have a good one! I'll see you around.

9
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 14th, 2025

@cyanessence

Welcome back 💜💕

I hope two great minds enjoy the chat 😁

2 replies
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 14th, 2025

@Amanda84

Thanks Amanda! I'm still catching up on notifications, but it's been good posting again. I hope you are well.

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond August 14th, 2025

@Amanda84  Thank you Amanda💜

load more
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond August 14th, 2025

@cyanessence Hey Cyanessence,


I don’t mind at all .... in fact, I’m glad you made this pen pal chat.

That’s such a kind thing to say and I’m genuinely touched. And no pressure to reply quickly — you can get back to those comments whenever you feel free.

First, I’m sorry this reply is late. I was moving (changing places) and got busy and then I came down with a fever so I’ve been recovering. I wasn’t active on 7 Cups for a while AND  now I’ve got about 99 notifications and I’m going through them one by one. It honestly made me happy to see people messaging me and checking up on me.

So, how are you, Cyanessence? I’ve noticed you also tend to disappear sometimes like I do. How was your break this time?

I really like how you ask questions and stay curious — curiosity is a trait I deeply admire in people. I also appreciate how open you are to diverse perspectives. And I love your essays too! So I’m genuinely glad you took the initiative to make this pen pal chat. It’s an honour.

As for me — I’d say I’m religious in the sense that I believe in a higher power, a cosmic order and justice. My beliefs are very much shaped by my multicultural upbringing. My father is an atheist, my grandmother is Catholic and on my mother’s side there are strong ties to Buddhism and other traditions. So I guess I’ve grown up reading the Bible and also lighting incense to pray. So really, it is kind of a mess. haha.

What about you? 


5 replies
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 15th, 2025

@azurePond

Hey, I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it ^^ you have some incredible talents. You are philosophical, poetic, yet grounded and mature. It really is a pleasure interacting with you.

No need to apologise for a late reply. It takes me a while to respond sometimes, and I think it's okay to be a little inconsistent. Life is big and unpredictable, there are many reasons for a delayed response.

How'd the move go? I've been at my place for about 8 months now. Honestly, I'm only here due to lack of better options, but like everything, it has its ups and downs. I would like my own space, but it's less lonely living with people. Also, I don't like moving! I've always just wanted to settle and set up.

Sorry to hear about your fever. I hope you recover swiftly!

I had that too! 99 notifications, haha. I'm still getting through them. It is a nice feeling that people have been thinking of me. You pop into my mind from time to time. I often wonder: what are the answers to your questions? Because I believe they're out there. I think it's no surprise you had so many notifications. You seem to leave quite an impression on people!

I'm well! I've been feeling, for the most part, quite good lately. Perhaps overthinking and overanalysing, but it's not uncomfortable. I had writer's block and emotional burnout for a while, hence my disappearance, but I'm back on track now. I've written a couple more short stories, some poems, and reflected a little. I'd love to share some things with you if you're interested, it's always nice getting an outside perspective.

I love curiosity! I'm truly fascinated by things in general. I wonder why we even ask why, and how things came to be. I wonder about free will and choice, and the meaning of things. I wonder if we knew how the universe would play out, would we agree to take part? I wonder where we'd go if we approached all our questions with an open mind and an honest heart.

I love that there are a diverse array of perspectives on things. I think we must necessarily all be different from one another, and our differences provide a great deal of spice to life. What would the world look like if we all said exactly the same thing? It is special to be unique, and a wonder we can find common ground.

I'm not sure where I land in regards to my beliefs. I, too, believe in a higher power, a cosmic order, and justice. But, some days, I will shift my thinking and try to consider what it would be like if it were different. I will also slip into nihilism occasionally, although I always return to the belief that things are meaningful and have purpose.

It's cool you had a multicultural upbringing. With atheism, Catholicism, Buddhism and other traditions, you've got a good mix of ideas that really promote thought. I'm still learning about all these things, but I'm glad there are so many modes of thought. It's awesome to see such pursuit of truth.

I grew up around predominantly Christianity. I did try it on for a while, but I wasn't feeling it at the time. It felt like my beliefs were being decided for me, and I couldn't "feel the love of Jesus" or anything like that. I used to be an atheist, then I was into agnosticism, but now I'm thinking there may be a higher power. Occasionally, I will read the bible, but I can't help but look at it through a philosophical lens.

Days of disbelief, slipping into nihilism, praying to God, questioning everything... I, too, am a bit of a mess! Perhaps I should put on some incense and clear my mind lol

4 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond August 16th, 2025

@cyanessence Oh, thank you so much, Cyanessence. Thank you, thank you. I’m honestly not very good at receiving compliments.


It’s a pleasure interacting with you too.
Yes… life is unpredictable. I appreciate you saying that.

The move was alright—I’m used to it by now. I moved around quite a lot even as a child so changing homes has really been the only constant in my life lol.

Oh you live with others—as in sharing the space?

Yes, that’s true, it does feel less lonely with other people around. I usually have someone to help me with cooking and cleaning but I live on my own but  there are neighbours at least.

I agree with you. I’ve always wanted to settle down somewhere too.

Thank you—I’m mostly recovered now. The body aches are still lingering a bit.

 And it really is lovely to be missed. I think that’s one of the most beautiful things about being human.

I love it here on 7 Cups. So far it’s been a wonderful experience. I’m glad I’ve had the chance to meet people with such diverse thoughts and perspectives, people like you, who are curious, thoughtful, and genuine friends. I think this is the first time I’ve truly felt like I connect with people from the heart… aside from maybe 3or 4  close friends in my life. The rest of my social circle is built around mutual acquaintances and necessities. They’re good people and I value them but here there’s more warmth and I feel much happier and far less like I’m performing.

I completely understand what you said about overthinking and overanalysing. My brain never switches off... it’s exhausting, honestly. The only blessing about having that fever was that my brain actually got a bit of rest for once lol. I’m glad your constant stream of thoughts isn’t uncomfortable for you. For me, I feel emotions very deeply... even other people’s moods. I sort of absorb them. And since my mind never rests, it’s always this tug of war between my heart and my head.

I’d love to read your writings, Cyanessence.. So please do share them! We can reflect and discuss together. I’d be really happy to see them and I’m honoured you’d even ask.

I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with writer’s block. It’s difficult but I hope you’re taking things slowly and allowing yourself time to rest and recover.

Oh yes I agree with everything you said about curiosity. Sometimes it really does hurt to know that we’ll die without learning even half of what there is to know. Then my mind wanders: what is death? What happens after? Will we ever truly know?

“I love that there are a diverse array of perspectives on things. I think we must necessarily all be different from one another, and our differences provide a great deal of spice to life” — I agree completely.

I think it was Torean who once wrote in a forum post that we shouldn’t let ourselves crystallise into one rigid set of beliefs and become immune to change. We should remain open to new ideas throughout our lives. I don’t remember the exact words but I remember thinking, yes, what a beautiful thought.

What would the world look like if we all said exactly the same thing? It might be peaceful but it would also be terribly dull.  I agree that it’s special to be unique and it’s a marvel that the world exists as it is—finding common ground even when people will literally argue over a post of a rock labelled- “this is a rock.”

I understand you. I’m not an ideologue either and I don’t identify with any one belief system. I also get what you mean about slipping into nihilism now and then but always returning to the sense that things do have meaning and purpose—that’s the quiet hope within our hearts speaking.

Yes my upbringing played a big part in that too. When it came to religion, my family was fairly liberal compared to other things. My father especially shaped me—he’s one of the smartest people I know, and he taught me to read, debate, and think critically. I’m deeply grateful for that even though we have our differences.

We’re always learning. Life has no end point to it. But I think you deserve even more credit—growing up in a predominantly religious environment and still seeking out different schools of thought is truly commendable.

The Bible really is one of the greatest philosophical texts in existence. Its ideas of tolerance, love, and acceptance are profound. What I love most about Christianity is the shift: most religions, even the Old Testament, describe God as an all powerful figure who rewards or punishes depending on your actions—a kind of guardian. But the New Testament recasts God as love, as a compassionate father figure. That was such a refreshing and moving take.

“Days of disbelief, slipping into nihilism, praying to God, questioning everything… I, too, am a bit of a mess!” — story of my life.

And yes, sandalwood incense is a soothing balm for the mind.

Take care, Cyanessence <3

*sending you virtual sandalwood incenses *
3 replies
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP September 11th, 2025

@azurePond

I will try to show restraint in my compliments. It's an effort, because you strike me as a walking poem. It's cool how you can distill my words into important insight. Your questions on good and bad linger. These concepts are more complex than we know.

I, too, have moved a lot. Often, it was sudden. It was like I was on shifting sands. I couldn't find my place! At least I got used to impermanence.

I live with about 30 people? It's a little community. But I can't often share my writing here. People don't seem to be looking for depth, so I share here.

The longing for another human is moving. If it weren't for others, I wouldn't be here. Even lost connections are fondly remembered, for they formed me.

7 Cups is wonderful. There are not many places for poets to really shine, but this place is alive.

That feeling, that one is simply performing, is exhausting. It has physically weighed me down, made it literally hard to walk. Life shouldn't be a performance for someone else's pleasure. We are not jesters, we are not fools. We have hearts and minds, and when we're seen as machines, it breaks my heart.

I hope you don't find your thinking uncomfortable. I know what it's like to dance on the edge of insight. Like you've almost formed an ancient thought. The pull to the unknown is alluring, and I tell you, the pursuit is worthwhile.

My writer's block... dashed to the wind. Something changed. Now, it's like constant flow.

Lately, I have been admiring birds. In a way, they feel more free, because they are not questioning, just existing. Something we seem to forget to do. We are pushed to work, to produce, to shine. But if we never rest, we will never fly.

It's odd. I feel free, yet the world tells me everything is rigid. I must do this. I must do that. But if I follow current rules, I wouldn't be here. The less often travelled road looks like madness to many. But imagine if the greats never tried to make a difference? Just fit in? Tragedy.

World peace is an interesting idea, but we have to consider diversity and struggle. Without those two things, there is little desire to learn, little material to work with. It's a complex issue I am exploring.

I don't want to collapse belief into one perspective. I like that there is flavour to religion, and like you pointed out, it is all rich philosophy.

Your father sounds like a great person. I would have loved to be taught critical thinking earlier, but I had to wait a long time.

Thank you for the incense.

Here is a story. It is close to my heart. I hope you enjoy it.

The Thunder

Another sleepless night, listening to the dull roar of the thunder that tears asunder every assumption upon which I rest.

The sound won’t ever cease, leaving me lingering on another lie. The reason why I don’t mind is because I find myself reformed. The rock that bore my form melts away, warming the pulse of each day.

My tears are my shield from the weathering storm, tracing thought to feeling, comfort in mourning. While the rain can reflect my pain, it is nothing compared to what I see when I stare at tragedy.

From atop this peak, I speak only so that I may find my way down. I need help to see the mountain from the valley below, before my thoughts become slow. There’s only so much to say about a sun in the clouds, with thunder drumming a beat of wonder.

I guess I hope to see a rainbow, once all is clear. Then I’d have stood near bliss manifest, rewarded for enduring this bizarre test.

Alas, the things I hear, I fear, will never be heard. So I scream to the void, annoyed and content that I wish I wanted more.

<3

2 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 19th, 2025

@cyanessence

Thank you so much, Cyanessence. “A walking poem”.... wow... thats the highest kind of compliment. Truly, thank you.

And if you find our conversations good, it’s only because of the pleasant and thoughtful company you bring.


I completely understand and sadly relate to the metaphor of shifting sands. We do get used to impermanence, dont we? But I’ve always dreamt of settling somewhere, of belonging to a place. Theres a quiet kind of peace in that.

A small community sounds lovely really. You can always share your deep writings here, of course, but in real life, you get to observe people.... to feel life moving around you. Every person is an experience, yk?

And yes, I agree... even lost connections shape us in their own way.


“7 Cups is wonderful. There are not many places for poets to really shine, but this place is alive.”

I couldnt agree more. People here are having real conversations, keeping thoughts, dreams, and friendships alive.


Performing is exhausting especially in a world obsessed with hustle culture. These days, resting  or simply being still... is seen as failure. Yet not everyone has the luxury to pause when the world keeps urging you to keep running. It’s like crossing a busy road with no signals ... if you keep moving with the crowd, you’re less likely to be hit, but the moment you stop, you risk being crushed by the rush.

It’s such a mechanical way to live as you said. We have hearts and minds, yet we rarely stop to feel or think. It breaks my heart too.


Sometimes I find my own thoughts uncomfortable ...they don’t stop when I want them to and it interferes with my sleep. I feel things too deeply... the smallest things can trigger me and it’s exhausting. Writing helps but what brings me the most clarity is movement...  packing my bags, travelling, being somewhere new. That always seems to calm the storm.


I’m glad you’ve come out of your writer’s block. I hope you manage to keep this creative flow going and keep writing meaningful pieces.


As for your thoughts about animals...  I’ve wondered about that too. Not so much birds but all creatures in general. I dont believe humans have a superior existence but perhaps we do have a superior evolutionary one...  in how we use both heart and mind. Sometimes I think Id be happy as a fish or a frog but that would mean not knowing what I know now. I doubt fish think about the stars or God or cinema  but I cant imagine a world where I didnt know of such things. Still I suppose a fish would be perfectly content in its own way. Ignorance is a bliss sometimes.


Following, breaking and bending rules - that’s a complicated subject. Society does need structure  some kind of framework to keep things from descending into chaos. But the “road less travelled” can be worth taking if it leads somewhere meaningful.

Humans thrive by fitting in... yes... but fitting in should mean finding unity in difference. Unity doesnt have to mean uniformity. We shouldn’t abandon humanity for individuality nor abandon individuality for humanity but rather find common ground...  celebrating what sets us apart while stilll being a part of the whole . Perhaps thats an idealistic dream ( less practical) but I like to believe in it.


You’re right ... if the great thinkers had sacrificed their individuality just to fit in, it would’ve been a tragedy. Each person’s unique experience nourishes — or sometimes wounds — the collective soul of humanity.


Ah, world peace… let’s talk about that another time. I’m too drained for it now (not because of the topic but I was doing some work related stuff and it drained me!)

And yes... my father has his moments. Thank you for saying that.


Oh and you’re always welcome.


PS: I hope you’re doing all right, Cyanessence. Just wanted to say your presence is missed. I hope you’re in a good place... writing, thinking, creating. And if not, I’m sending you warm hugs (if they are  accepted), good wishes, and quiet prayers. Take care and hang in there💛

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 19th, 2025

@cyanessence The Thunder is a a powerful piece, Cyanessence... it feels raw, rhythmic.... almost like the thunder itself is speaking through you⚡


There’s a deep stillness beneath your words, a kind of aching acceptance that only comes from wrestling with pain and finding poetry in it. I love how you weave sound and feeling -  “thunder drumming a beat of wonder” is beautiful.

The story  strikes me as a reflection on impermanence and the human confrontation with the uncontrollable. The thunder and storm mirror the chaos of life  yet through acknowledgement... even screaming into the void -  there is a kind of liberation. Something that hints at the paradox of suffering - pain can isolate us but it can also be the very crucible in which awareness, clarity, and perhaps even joy are formed. Maybe I missed the point but this is how I interpreted it. I would love to hear your interpretations and about what led you to write this story.

Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart. I feel honoured. Thank you so much💙

Looking forward for your thoughts.
load more
load more
load more
load more