Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My wife has BPD and wants a divorce

User Profile: Ryanlaforest88
Ryanlaforest88 September 3rd, 2021

I feel so lost and dont want to live without her..

9
User Profile: QuietMagic
QuietMagic September 3rd, 2021

@Ryanlaforest88

Hi--I'm sorry that that's been happening. I can imagine how scary that would be to have your wife ask for a divorce when you really want to stay with her. And I imagine that the fact that she has BPD adds some complications to the situation.

I'm not qualified to say how you should handle this, but here are a few resources I was able to find that have some tips. And HERE is a list of experienced 7 Cups listeners if you'd like to chat with someone.

Tips for when spouse wants a divorce but you do not:
https://psychcentral.com/lib/when-one-spouse-wants-out-of-the-marriage-but-the-other-doesnt
https://www.verywellmind.com/help-spouse-asked-for-a-divorce-4047516

Tips for successfully being in a relationship with someone who has BPD:
https://www.everydayhealth.com/bpd/tips-couples-living-with-borderline-personality-disorder/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/my-side-the-couch/202009/living-wife-borderline-personality-disorder
https://www.psycom.net/personality-disorders/bpd-and-relationships/