Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Love Affair

User Profile: Nyctosaurus13
Nyctosaurus13 September 15th, 2025

At twelve,

I courted death like a secret crush.

It felt poetic...

to want nothing

when everything felt too much.


I called it romance,

but it was just me

wanting someone, anyone,

to notice I was here,

even if it was death

who came knocking.


But now,

after Camus whispered

that life’s a joke we’re all in on,

I find myself laughing.


I don’t wait by the window

for death anymore.

I step outside,

feel the sun on my face,

taste the wind,

and think...

maybe this is enough.


Not a grand meaning,

not a rescue

just me,

choosing this moment,

again and again,

until it almost feels like love.

2
User Profile: unassumingEyes
unassumingEyes September 15th, 2025

@Nyctosaurus13 well. has anyone told you how amazing you are? xD i loved reading this. will probably come back to it- often.

1 reply
User Profile: Nyctosaurus13
Nyctosaurus13 OP September 16th, 2025
@unassumingEyes thank you, that actually means a lot! ✨😸
This one actually came out from a raw draft, which is honestly a little unhinged lol. 😅 It felt right to polish it into something softer. I'm glad it resonated with you, hope it keeps you company when you come back to it 😊
load more