Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Poetry by Ophelia

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 June 7th, 2025

Chained Freedom


I feel I have wronged my whole existence,

because whenever I feel hurt in my self,

I drown in this overwhelming feeling,

of loath and depravity.


My heart is fragile,

and if the heart is the same as the mind,

I am convinced very much,

that I am broken beyond repair.


Some might say I have gone insane,

some will say I am just being dramatic,

an attention seeker,

a pathetic comfort seeker.


But I say I am <i>going</i> insane,

because I still haven't but soon will,

which I feel in my whole being as I crawl and writh to find the last pieces of my sanity,

but in vain for they're smaller than grain.


If I say my heart hurts,

that would be a serious lie,

because what sensation of hurt will remain,

when the nerves have been paralysed often.


Now I only feel suffocation,

a drastic change in my painless self,

which felt pain in the early days of rain,

but now it's all drought, all drought.


Suffocating day by day,

unable to let out the last cry,

unable to make the last movement,

before being iced to death.


Is death better to a self,

is it painful or painless unknown I so often wonder,

bound and shackled by the chains of dependence, 

to a heart and mind which is forgetting day by day


—what is freedom and what is joy.







© Ophelia 

55
June 20th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 I loved this, it was awesome.  Thank you for sharing. 🤗 

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP June 20th, 2025

@CalmPaintingPanda

Thank you very much ❤️

load more
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 4th, 2025

Wintery Slumber


Another morning,

another day of light.


Light of not the sun,

but the candle that burns my heart.


That burn is not of love,

but of hatred and despair.


Despair may be cold and skin may burn,

yet the winter cold burns the core.


The candle I hold is of blue,

blue being my sadness and hope.


Hope for the war to end,

peace to come forth this monstrosity.


Sadness for my existence of a hope,

that I feel will never come forth.


(Will the monster burn

and drown in the comfort of wintery slumber,

floating on the waves of a serene river?)





© Ophelia 

User Profile: Macylou82
Macylou82 July 4th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 I love this, you put your feelings into such beautiful words. Good job amazing poet 

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 4th, 2025

@Macylou82

Thank you sooooooooooooo much Lou 💙✨️

load more
User Profile: yourlocalIKEA
yourlocalIKEA July 5th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 somehow it being shorter than the other writings makes it more impressive :0 i love it!

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 5th, 2025

@yourlocalIKEA

Thank you very much ikea 💙

load more
load more
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 4th, 2025

@DarkerPlaces


@yourlocalIKEA


@Questionnaireman


@nyxariaaa


@Macylou82


@Ch3rry98

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 31st, 2025

Moon Jellyfish 


"Happiness is not for everyone"

I know,

I know that so very well—

that it kills me.


Every day I wake up,

see the window glass peeking through the thin curtains,

and realise..

that I never wanted to wake up.


Every tonight I fall asleep,

wishing for tomorrow to never come,

no matter a good or bad day,

I wish for the sun to never wake.


I eat well,

do my best (or so I lie)

and sleep quite good,

yet I die.


How ironic,

isn't it?

A life to be greatful for,

yet the ungrateful me fights to throw it away.


Who do I fight?

I fight the me,

the me — who holds a candle,

melting away with each hope unhoped for.


I watch the world everyday,

through my screen and through my sight all well,

and the more I watch and know,

the more I fear thar I want to go blind.


Blindness is a curse

or a blessing,

which I will not ask for..

or so I hope till the leaves fall.


Sleeping away my days,

waking by my nights,

that's lie,

both of us know.


But in lie there's truth,

so is in truth lie,

bitterness in sweetness,

sweetness in bitterness.


I live with people,

outside and inside my home,

all linked and unlinked,

all of the world.


Yet I swim,

the vast expanses of these universe,

with no one and nothing of my own,

except these musings.


I wonder,

how long till the time comes,

when even these "musings" ..

will not remain my own anymore?


Being alone shall be a bliss,

as I truly wish for,

not to be lonely but happy,

but is it too much to ask for?


I must lose my humanity,

if so god wants once I cease my breathes,

I must become a moon jellyfish,

if so I truly desire.


I fear and ruminate,

on and on,

I live on

and I,

die on and on.


(Should the perennial river dry up,

 may the moon still reflect it's light until day falls.)




© Ophelia 




User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 31st, 2025

@DarkerPlaces




@yourlocalIKEA



@Questionnaireman



@nyxariaaa



@Macylou82



@Ch3rry98
User Profile: nyxariaaa
nyxariaaa July 31st, 2025

@calmmoon2104


another beautiful piece <333 i love itt

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP July 31st, 2025

@nyxariaaa

Thank you so much 💙

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 2nd, 2025

1000007411_1754128874.jpg


Snow and Smoke



Looking up at the ceiling,

I felt a sudden urge to touch,

the unreachable white sky above,

with a blue whirligig,

churning up a storm.


Small and chapped,

creases and abysses,

oh why doesn't the whirligig stop,

or else the blades will bleed,

a water soaked cotton ball.


Smoke rises,

no windows no doors open,

water saoked cottons,

spread throughout the widths and edges,

wide and clear not a hint of wind to hear.


Oh what makes the whirligig dance?


An earthworm poked its head out

from a heap of dust 

and so did the snowy abyss shook

leaving the room with a loud halt


Bang!

Oh what a smoke,

Oh what a loud thud!


Snow doesn't escape with smoke,

cottons bury deep within scenes,

secrets contained in water.


Now no longer flows—

what would have had,

when the snow thawed. 




© Ophelia 

User Profile: Macylou82
Macylou82 August 2nd, 2025

@calmmoon2104 I love it, keep it up amazing poet

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 2nd, 2025

@Macylou82

Thank you 💙 

load more
User Profile: yourlocalIKEA
yourlocalIKEA August 3rd, 2025

@calmmoon2104 with art as well! absolutely amazing amazing poem! <3 i love it so much as i always do

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 3rd, 2025

@yourlocalIKEA

Thank you so so much 💙 Yes got the art work from Pinterest ✨️

load more
User Profile: LuneDeOphelia
LuneDeOphelia August 3rd, 2025

@calmmoon2104

Beautiful! Just amazing! 👏❤️

load more
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 2nd, 2025

@DarkerPlaces





@yourlocalIKEA




@Questionnaireman




@nyxariaaa




@Macylou82

User Profile: LuneDeOphelia
LuneDeOphelia August 3rd, 2025

@calmmoon2104

Wowwwww awesome poem!

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 13th, 2025

Drowning in Acid 


A sinful mind

for damned self

wriggling in pain and pleasure all the same


Oh why does the blue fire rage on?

Why does the cold rain burn me?

A never ending war


No matter how much I bleed,

no matter the weight of my sufferings,

I still am and will live on a tortured life.


A good life of many happiness?

or a thousand spikes in the form of loneliness?


I wish I could drown in a river,

engulfed and cushioned by what drowns all sorrows and happiness,

forgets yet remembers,

all going to vanish,

in a insant of time when it reaches the ocean.


So different. so not true,

from the murky water I am wading in.


Its not water,

it would be a blessing I wish for,

but its Acid,

in which I am drowning right now.





© Ophelia 



1000008301_1755078634.jpg

User Profile: Macylou82
Macylou82 August 14th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 I relate to this so hard, another amazing poem best poet

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 14th, 2025

@Macylou82

Thank you very much!

load more
load more
User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws August 14th, 2025

@calmmoon2104

wow this one we love has so much feeling in it and truth too

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 14th, 2025

@stormieandpaws

Thank you so much!

load more
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP August 15th, 2025

1000008398_1755235122.jpg




Snow On The Porch 


The pathways of my city,

filled with dust and snow,

follow to the cottage near the river which thaws.


The cottage is built of fragrant wood,

the color of pine and snow,

on the porch rests a cozy armchair.


Amidst this beautiful scenery,

as if out of a Monet painting,

in the mellow softness lies the *** horrors.


The cottage inside rests books a thousand,

with words infinite of pain and suffering,

to be forgotten in silence of the wintery nights.


The streets dim lit and wet,

dryness and whispers envelope—

shadows of nobody walking past the river snow.


The flute plays on at the porch,

gurgling of transient water and quiet winter,

melody of a melancholic symphony doesn't last long enough for the dawn.


On the lonely and silent porch,

as the snowfall gets heavier and heavier—

the river freezes over.


And as the sun rises of new day again,

comes the snowfall to a thaw at last,

yet on the armchair rests a flute soaked in dew.


(I most of the time wonder,

what's the meaning truly—

of water that kills the parched?)




© Ophelia