TW From silenced to a voice
From silenced to a voice
To be hurt and abuse
then unseen by others
smile and acted ok
look as if everything great
the abuse hidden from all
it masked by the appearance of a perfected family
but that not make it any less then it is
words said actions done are not always seen
axcuses for the bruises and other marks
but no one know the truth of them
no one see the crying within
years later when the child a adult
still not believed by ones who know them as a child
words like you was always smiling and joyful
your family was always cheerful and happy
but they not know the things that went on at home
they do not know the screaming, hitting and other things
they only see what they want to see
only believe what they want to believed
but that not make what they believe the truth at all
crying with in the child did when young
but now all grown up
they speak the truth of it all
no longer afread to say the truth
as the truth they lived was ***
but they a over comer always have been
voices in the darkness bring light to truth of it all
maybe another will hear their truth and not fear to tell their own truth
a story unwritten can be written to help others
one voice that was not heard can be heard now too
@stormieandpaws This is an amazing poem Paws. It speaks to me and probably so many others that went through abuse as children.
@mytwistedsoul
your very welcome think many need a reminder
watched a movie it said like broken can make us better people not sure name of movie but it spoke to me a lot
i believe when broken each of us chose what way to go to allow it to make us better
or to turn bitter and use it to harm self or others
might say ones that allow it to make them better learn from it be taking the high road
@stormieandpaws You're right, many do need the reminder. I'm one that needed a reminder. ❤️ You're also right that we each have a choice in which way we go with it. Sometimes we start out bitter and angry but time and working on ourselves eases that and makes us better people. (offers safe hugs) You are a wonderful person Paws and I am grateful for you! ❤️
@mytwistedsoul
thank you yes we all need reminders on things sometimes it hard to separated the person from the actions they do but everyone a person first love should rule things we do and say yes at times we can start our angry bitter even hateful due to what others have did to us but in the end it up to us how we will reacted to others yes you can love another from afar to be safe but for me i want to love end them that hurt me yes i hate their actions at times but i also hate my own actions at time
a person is not their actions but they a person first not sure that make sense to other the high road is hard to do but forgiveness not for other person but for each of us to be set free from bitterness and hate
@stormieandpaws I have to admit I think I struggle with forgiveness. I try not to hold on to things but I'm also protective so we don't get hurt again. That makes complete sense. Separating the person from the hurt is one of the hardest things to do in life. I think I can separate the person from the action, but I'm not sure if I could ever let them back in again. Some people I do love from distance because it's safer that way. I'm still trying to learn this. It's hard not to let anger win when some of the wounds are still fresh.
I appreciate you! Thank you ❤️
@mytwistedsoul
thank you for me it has a lot to do with my spiritual ways and the love that is pure love it not about forgetting the persons actions it more about letting go of the wanting revenge this to me like letting go of a heavy weight on top of me freeing me from wanting to see harm done to them i believe i will never be able to forget what they did but i can forgive them actions to free my self as most who hurt me will never even know i forgave their actions but i will know i did so it ok to forgive and not allow them into ones life again i have many that i love from afar due to it not safe to be around them
i also believe many think forgiveness is same as forgetting and it not at all forgiveness frees me from wanting harm done to them giving grace and forgiveness free me not them
@stormieandpaws I don't think it's revenge I want or to see anyone get hurt. I think I'm looking or was looking for accountability? Them admitting they were wrong, that they shouldn't have done the things they've done. Maybe that would hurt them or hurt their ego?
So forgiveness is letting it go but not forgetting?
@mytwistedsoul
i get wanting to get that you want accountability from them i wanted the same for long time but in end came to they not do that due to they think they did no wrong found that out with my brother up until he died he said he did nothing wrong he said i was making a big deal out of nothing
forgiveness is forgiving them but not trusting them even not going around them it kinda like handing it over to a higher power but forgiving them for own self if that makes since even now when i remember things they did to me l feel the feelings due to that but i just keep forgiving them too i just know my brother was going to be that way with mom and dad they admitted things they did and things brother did but they make excuses for his and their actions but i know with in me that what i remember is the truth and was abuse was wrong on their part
i think in end they not want to admit wrong doing is they not want others to know truth and will say i was lining to cover up their actions
so i believe they never have accountability for their actions