Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TW/// Healing poem

User Profile: youcandothis0012
youcandothis0012 February 27th, 2025

Please be nice! I haven't written in a long time. 

I met my younger self for coffee. We have many similarities, but she is not me. She asked if I was finally happy. She only briefly seemed happy. That's when she used to talk more, smile more, she always acted like she had something to smile for. I told her I prefer tea now, because coffee gives me to much energy. She looked like I broke a piece of her. "Too much." She said. I shook my head. I wish you knew how much I want to be like you. "It's such a waste" she said. We're in a better head space. You are not the same girl you tried to hang in the closet.  "We lost it." she said, but we haven't and I hope we drink Chai next time. Because there will be a next time. Everything will be fine;

2
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond February 28th, 2025

@youcandothis0012 The contrast between who you were and who you are now is so raw, especially in the way small details, like coffee versus tea, carry so much weight. The younger self’s sorrow, the ache of change, but also the resilience in "there will be a next time." It’s bittersweet, but hopeful. A powerful reflection on survival and growth. Also love that semicolon detail.

1 reply
User Profile: youcandothis0012
youcandothis0012 OP March 3rd, 2025

Thank you kindly! I really appreciate all your kind words! We’re all just trying to do our best 🫶🏻

load more