Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TW//////// Sexual themes | Boys will be boys

User Profile: archieisapoet
archieisapoet April 11th, 2025

“Boys will be boys,

just ignore them”


Ignore the injustice brought on me

On my siblings and kin

How many more bruises must I shoulder

How many more wayward glances must I be witnessed by?


When will society finally step in and say ‘that's enough’?

When will I be worthy enough to be protected instead of gawked at?

How many more attempts must I take at my life?

How many more tears must I shed?


Hearing them laugh in their packs

Rabid hyenas

Making comments about my body

Their cackles hurt my ears


Man or bear?

Well, will a bear blame it on my clothes?

Will a bear say I was asking for it?

Will a bear kill me so I wouldn’t tell a soul?


My whole life I’ve been told to ignore it

Ignore the pain

Ignore the anger

Ignore the bodies on top of mine.


The hands under my skin

Mapping out uncharted places

The squeezes, the yelling, the pain

Ignore it all


Boys will be boys,

right?


5
User Profile: archieisapoet
archieisapoet OP April 11th, 2025
*Edited*

“Boys will be boys,

just ignore them”



Ignore the injustice brought on me

On my siblings and kin

How many more bruises must I shoulder

How many more wayward glances must I be witnessed by?



When will society finally step in and say ‘that's enough’?

When will I be worthy enough to be protected instead of gawked at?

How many more attempts must I take at my life?

How many more tears must I shed?



Hearing them laugh in their packs

Rabid hyenas

Making comments about my body

Their cackles hurt my ears



Man or bear?

Well, will a bear blame it on my clothes?

Will a bear say I was asking for it?

Will a bear kill me so I wouldn’t tell a soul?



My whole life I’ve been told to ignore it

Ignore the pain

Ignore the anger

Ignore the bodies on top of mine.



The hands under my skin

Mapping out uncharted places

The squeezes, the yelling, the claws

Ignore it all



Boys will be boys,

right?
User Profile: Orange64
Orange64 April 11th, 2025

@OnyxMcG I like the poem , every bit of it felt real.  And being a boy myself, I can tell you that things are like this many times I have seen and even more when it happens on backs , hidden from girls. There is a message suggesting some measures to be taken to stop this.

Specially the comparison with bear was striking to me, suggesting boys have fallen even behind wildlings like bears. You have captured exact things. You made me think and to wish these things end . Great work!

User Profile: Orange64
Orange64 April 11th, 2025

@Orange64 idk about your past , but it's really hard and brave task to write about this . I appreciate it!

And these things are in minor amount in me too, now I really want to change it, having seen the other side.

load more
User Profile: LoveMyMoonflowers
LoveMyMoonflowers April 12th, 2025

@OnyxMcG *offers safe hugs* 💜

load more
User Profile: Maeebae99
Maeebae99 April 18th, 2025

@OnyxMcG

I relate to this deeply such a good poem!