Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TW the fight within

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws May 25th, 2025

The fight within


the deepest fight is the one within us all


darkness fighting angst the light


the positive angst the negative


we tell ourselves we ok


but this hidden fight within goes on and on


the darkness that holds the shame that holds the hate


all things negative we tell ourselves


lies that were told to us about us we hold onto and believe


then there the light within that tell us all the good things about us


within this fight goes on the lies ingest the truths


we try to seem ok to support others


we tell our selves that we ok that we deserved what happened to us


we hold onto the lies as if they was truth


but this all we know to do as it all we was taught from baby up


that we did things wrong and that why they hurt us


they say it was our fault that they did what they did to us


but is that the truth or only lies told to us to cover up the truth of it all


we still not sure what is truth what was our fault what was not our fault


scared for life but no-one can see the hidden scars


they with in us the fight between truth and lies always going on within us


by stormie and paws


3
User Profile: SnowSmile4863
SnowSmile4863 May 27th, 2025

@stormieandpaws

Your words touch on the inner war so many of us face—the battle between the lies we’ve carried and the light trying to break through. It’s brave to name this struggle; recognizing those lies are learned, not truth, is the first step.

You’re not alone in this fight. The part of you that seeks the light? That’s your truth trying to shine. Be gentle with yourself—you don’t have to fight this alone. 🌿

User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 May 27th, 2025

@stormieandpaws

Thanks for sharing. I can relate a lot to the thoughts and feelings you describe here.

It's OK.

Its OK to not be OK.

It's OK to need support instead of giving support.

And it is not greedy to take support.

I don't really know what to say. Except I hear you and you are OK. I've seen your posts and you are a good person. A sweet and kind person.

That internal battle is torturous. Miserable. But I found it was worth it. I fought for myself against the lies and I'm winning. Keeping fighting. You are worth it.

Hugs, or equivalent, if you prefer something else.

May 29th, 2025

@stormieandpaws

really relatable poem i like it, hugs dude