Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

not ok in my mind

User Profile: poetrybeginner
poetrybeginner July 8th

It will all be ok they say. 

But will it. 

No seriously. 

Will it all be ok. 


Because if I hate my self this much 

and I hurt my self this much 

and if I don’t belong this much. 


Am I even worth the wait. 

The wait for it all to be ok. 


Because all these sleepless nights are starting to drag on 

and the tears which smother my face and pillow are getting tired


But I can’t help it. 

I can’t help that instead of waiting and persisting 

I would rather for it all to be over. 

to finally be calm. 

At peace. 

Because why wait when you know deep down it will never be over. 


u know that. 

U know that no matter how much changes 

that feeling 

that shiver 

that thought 

will never fully disappear. 


And even though u hate it some little part of your self wants it. 

It invites it in. 

It likes it. 


And this puzzle of why u want it hasn’t been completed and u can’t be bothered solving this mystery of why. 

So u ignore the why. 

The why am I like this. 

The why did it start. 

The why did I keep going. 


And u turn it into how. 

The how do u keep it bad. 

How do u make it worse. 


Because yes

U can scream in ur head over simple things 

The things people point out as normal normal. 

And those people will think u are fine about those normal things to. 

Because they still believe u are normal. 


But another step is to unleash that scream. 

Let them hear it. 


Because only then, just maybe, they will pay a little more attention

to how normal 

u really are. 

1
User Profile: Spiritriver
Spiritriver July 11th

@poetrybeginner

They say it'll all be okay.

It will – for a while, then it won't be... then it will be okay again.

In the end, it's okay enough.

Despite appearances, shared love is all that really matters.

The rest is either survival or vanity.

We're all part of a larger self – localized bits of Energy, all encompassing, like water molecules in the ocean.

We're all part of each other. If you hate yourself, you hate the part of me that unconditionally accepts you.

Are you worth the wait? Eternity waited untold millennia to manifest you in this precious moment.

Sleeplessness and tears are a process, as is getting tired. It's not the end, yet that part of the process evokes a special kind of wisdom and compassion.

Calm is temporary in this life, but there's a place in the heart that's always calm.

Accept thoughts that don't disappear. Observe them. Acknowledge them. Allow them the freedom to drift away.

It's okay to invite the puzzle. It's okay to remain calm while it's unresolved. Invite the puzzle with gentleness. Let it reveal itself when the time is right.

“Normal” is not only profoundly overrated, it's impossible.

Our uniqueness is our greatest asset.

People who think they're normal are strangers to themselves.

Calling me normal is an easy way to break my heart. It suggests that you have no interest, nor do you see any value in recognizing who I am.