Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

who are you, in my life? rat? what rat?

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 April 28th, 2025

Like a match within the room, and wall are painted with doom and diesel.


My life's whole work is black and red, it painted completely off the easel.


A drink and a wink here comes the people, how much more can withstand your needle.


It's dark with curtains drawn, the shadows can't reach me from the dawn.




I climb away and far from here, but then I see the chains still pierce.


Up in the sky my dreams are there but how can I not reach up there?


It rains it pours it's golfball sized, my body is cold within this core.


I sing I laugh but heart is where, when will I give up this mask? 




It shines and shimmers and shivers and shudders, why is there a rat upon my shoulders?


If whimsy is a flimsy does, who will paint my pale windows?


The eye the eye it's every where, up here down there, it's in my bones.


It sees and peers and stares and tears, why does everyone ignore these fears?




This match falls and tumbles and twists, a paratrooper without his wrists.


The room alight and shadows cast, my paint my paint my fate amassed.


The easel burns and cracked and pops, when ohh when will this fire stop.


My life my life ohh every where, it paints my life a whole facade.




A fluttered cape and tattered floor, this old hand reached out for more.


The glint of steel black and worn, that old hand grips the neck.


The glass is shatter and the hand is foggy, “who are you, how are you here?” 


My life my life ohhh every where, but then ohh then the old man appears.


His hand is black decay and rot, the other white polished plot.


Is this my life ohh destiny, a fool, a fraud, a farce to me?


His eyes a glow in amber light, like a firefly in the night.


His hand his hand grasps out for me.


10
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP April 28th, 2025

@7Bear7

A whimsy poem! For my good mood! I guess it got kinda dark but I still see the whimsy in it! 


kushiboi-rat.gif

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 28th, 2025

@7Bear7 

rats-rat.gif

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 28th, 2025

@7Bear7 yeah it for kind of dark😂 but it was brilliantly written by a mind that was wearing no mask💖 it's ok to take the mask of sometimes💖 hugs you tightly 💗

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 28th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11 it got*

load more
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond April 28th, 2025

@7Bear7 I really liked this poem, Bear. Yeah.... it is dark but there's also whimsy. I love how the match, the rat and the old man's hands all echo the same slow unraveling....  a world where even light feels heavy. The way you made whimsy feel fractured, like a broken mirror, really stayed with me. The heavy feeling that this poem evokes is something we all try to hide behind a smile and goofy jokes.

Keep writing!

2 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 6th, 2025

@azurePond so well said 💜🥰

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP July 6th, 2025

@azurePond

Thanks Pond! You're mind is very piercing, so you're words always have weight. Thank you for the wonderful reply! 🩵

load more
July 7th, 2025

@7Bear7 I really enjoyed reading what you wrote. Thank you for this. 🤗 

1 reply
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP July 7th, 2025

@pasteldreamingpaintingpanda

Thank you for taking the time to read it! I am glad you liked it! ;) 🩵

load more