Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Colorful decay - poem about autumn and letting go

User Profile: Alexija
Alexija September 26th

Colorful decay

As colorful leaves fall all around,
Cold breeze blows as I lie on dead ground,
I stop and think something profound.

I watch as the leaf rips from the tree,
flows on the wind so beautifully free,
here I can look at oak and just be.

The leaf finishes its flight,
clouds reflecting the final light,
before this becomes the night.


3
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 26th

@Alexija

This poem draws us in.

Autumn is a beautiful time, new life enters while old life sheds it's leaves.

It's very descriptive.

Creative.

Fitting for the time 🤗🩷

You are able to wear humanity into your writing!

pYL5WzmgNceX.gif

User Profile: Alexija
Alexija OP September 27th

Thank you!!

load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow September 27th

@Alexija Thank you for sharing ❤️🥰