Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dedicated to All the Lovely People Whose Lives I’ve Ruined

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond August 4th, 2025

Everyone else

is always

a victim.


The poor souls I “confused”

the angels I “hurt”

the precious hearts I “exhausted”

the well-wishers I “disappointed”

the loyal ones I “failed to become worthy of”


by simply saying:

“I’m not okay.”


Their tears are gospel

My truths—

a betrayal


They want me to follow,

to swallow,

to kneel to the script

they wrote without me


And when I pause,

when I ask why,

they call it rebellion


I’m tired.

Tired of being the villain

in every story where I finally

show up

as myself.


I hate it—

how they get to bleed out

and be held,

while they scar me with knives


I bleed on the floor,

and it’s my responsibility

to clean the mess

before they notice


Their rage is reverent

Mine—ruin

Their hurt is injustice

Mine—inconvenient

Their suffering is sacred

Mine?

Just collateral.


And somehow,

always,

always,

they are the ones

who need protecting.


Not me.

Never me.


And somehow,

always,

always,

they are the ones

who need protecting.


From me.

Always from me.

14
User Profile: peachThinker662
peachThinker662 August 4th, 2025

@azurePond

Hugs to you Pond. You are so talented to have the ability to get your feelings out in poetry. Beautiful work. Keep doing for you 💛💛

wonder-pets-ming-ming.gif

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP August 9th, 2025

@peachThinker662 *Hugs back * Thank you so much🥹💓

load more
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight August 10th, 2025

@azurePond

Wow. The cool fury and righteous indignation is palpable. The sense of injustice and unfairness is hammered in quick succession with each stanza in a way that is impossible not to empathise with.

One feels the pent up anger as the narrator seems to list the ways in which their life is marginalised, mapped, and constrained, and how the gorge rises at the seeming emotional martyrdom of those who cry foul when the narrator has the temerity to be themselves or reveal when they are "not okay"

It is powerful stuff. The tone is shy of being acidic but the emotional depth behind it feel very clear and intense. It is a really, really good poem. 

(I just wish there were no reasons to ever have such a poem exist in the first place)

*Bows in admiration to you and your craft*

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP August 14th, 2025

@BastionKnight bowing-thank-you.gif
Thank you, Sir Knight

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 11th, 2025

@azurePond

So raw.

Vulnerable.

Honest.

People tell us, you are not alone, I'm here for you, you matter, tell me how you feel.

The reality is when we do, it's often dismissed 

Inconvenient.

Time consuming.

They don't want to know 

They wish you to pretend.

To say you are ok.

To return when you have something to say that they wish to listen to.

Its conditional.

Put the mask back on.

The true beauty lies in those moments when you meet that person who sits with you in the pain.

Who wipes those tears.

Strokes your hair .

No conditions.

No pressure.

Let's you be you and doesn't make you feel guilty about it.

They carry your pain kindly, silently and without repurcussions.

💜💕

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP August 14th, 2025

@Amanda84 Thank you so much Amanda, Thank you for this beautiful message too 

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP August 14th, 2025

@Amanda84 hug-hugging.gif

load more
User Profile: Tulipsmile
Tulipsmile August 21st, 2025

@azurePond

What a moving and painful piece of work at the same time 🥺 This poetry is so honest it touch the heart🫂 I feel every word in it, and all the frustration it holds. It touches a real struggle that many people go through, the feeling that you are the villain in a story you didn't write, and that your pain is unseen by anyone🤧. Azure you succeeded in expressing this complex feeling in a very moving way. This artistic work of yours is brave because it showed a side of the truth that many people are afraid to express with all this frankness 💥💥 Thank you for sharing this part of yourself 🥺🌷🌷🌷🌷

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP October 19th, 2025

@Tulipsmile Thank you Tulip, for this heartfelt comment *hugs*

load more
User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora August 21st, 2025

@azurePond 💗

quagsire-quagsire-protects.gif

User Profile: Tulipsmile
Tulipsmile August 21st, 2025

@BlueDarkAurora

Aww cute then I will join you 🤝let's cooperate to protect pond 🌷🌷

User Profile: Tulipsmile
Tulipsmile August 21st, 2025

@BlueDarkAurora collaboration-teamwork.gif

User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora August 21st, 2025

@Tulipsmile haha yess 💖 

mochi-cat-mochi.gif

load more
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond OP October 19th, 2025

@BlueDarkAurora michael-scott.gif

load more