Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Poem Writers Gathering.

User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 November 25th, 2020

I create this post, in a sole intention with you all to share your lovely poems, and so that others are going to enjoy it. ❤

I want to share my one poem, a positive one, on my favourite color for a start. 💜💜 Hope you will like it.

Also, I am going to post a poem, each week, and you are welcome to post too.

Here you go :-

The Purple Color 💜

"It is my favorite color,
Reminds me of my pillar.
It symbolizes creativity,
It shows me a path to positivity.

It gets me feeling mysterious,
I feel like doing something dangerous.
I love the purple lily,
It makes my face into a smiley.

Purple Purple is Magic !
Nothing feels tragic."

Done, hope you liked it 💗

Anyone is welcome to post their poems which are appropriate and positive too !!

156
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP February 7th, 2021

Hello all ! Hope you are all doing well. If you aren't, you are welcome to get support. :') We are more than ready to help 💜 !!

I tried transalating a love song to my best, hope you all like it 🙂

You come and stay in my gaze,
Stealing my sleep, took away my dreams.
When you are not there, there's no point living,
You have become like my habit, just stay here.
Let's hold and talk and grow!


You knock my heart, like tak tak

Let's make memories more lovable than childhood summer holidays
Let's make a house and stay in that.


When you come, day and night come together,
From your brightness, is where the morning starts
You are my friend, though, without you, my heart doesn't listen to me.
You are my life,I am addicted to you.


We move on from yesterday.
We break it to 50-50
Without you, the house doesn't feel like home
Tell me, who are we?


it's a wish, to be with you and be your friend.
it's like heavenI
I will go wherever you tell me to go.
Hide behind the clouds and see, the sun sees how you get heaven
You have to go, it's been pushed away,


When you come, day and night come together,
From your brightness, is where the morning starts
You are my friend, though, without you, my heart doesn't listen to me.
You are my life,I am addicted to you.

Hope you all like it ! 🙃

@KimmKimm @Ethank @CateGrace, @FlickerLight8449 @blissart @enchantedlove @SuryanshSingh, @Ethank, @CateGrace, @FlickerLight8449, @blissart, @enchantedlove, @BrightHeart116, @fruitySalamander4469, @hopebeyondpain, @Pancakefeline0101 @DreamTouch, @Daf8, @KimmKimm, @Cambion, @Fireskye13, @Flaurie, @hannah122003, @JulieJuliaXX, @TheLonerWolfy, @Joe33, @Roxine @hopeoverfear @SrijanSinha @Jv3076 @galaxyGirl299, @Nyx2026, @EmptyAquarium,@Listeningsarinn @ashlyntheordinary

I would love to other's poems too ! (':

2 replies
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 February 7th, 2021

heart @AlwaysForYou197 heart

heart Thank you for this debut heart

heart So cute and lovely (like you!) heart

February 8th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

That's pawsome

load more
User Profile: generouswings
generouswings February 8th, 2021

Love yourself Embrace yourself for who you are It’s the meaning of true love Flaunt your scars with pride because it reflects your pain and struggles Have the courage to show your authentic self to the world without having to worry of what the people will think. I believe Self love is the only way to reach a state of complete bliss with your own self To become your own centre and to get to know your worth. Like many people might think Self love isn’t selfish at all Rather, it makes one indestructible. It has the potential to help us create a barrier within ourselves. A barrier so strong That it becomes impossible to even scratch it. Give yourself permission to design a life which feels right for you, rather than being clutched within the thoughts of living a life which other people expect you to live. So it’s high time for all of us to embrace our flaws and scars and accept ourselves the way we are. ~S

User Profile: kayla677
kayla677 February 14th, 2021

Thanks for making this, heres a poem I wanted to share: (I hope it doesnt mess up the format this time) Darkness envelopes me Caresses me in it's chilly embrace The absence of light The cold and empty space The eery room The bare shadow Only thoughts Of times so low Darkness makes me remember Forces me to think Left alone with my own thoughts Filling til the brink With night comes some security Of knowing you survived Made it through another day Somehow still alive When the moon comes up The stars all rise The crickets chirp And most close their eyes The night comes with the safety Of the last one being up The only one to keep their eyes From closing deep and shut At night I'm the one that's in control The person that matters most I can take back my life And show people I am more than just my ghost At night nothing is spiraling down Way out of my reach Trying screaming desperately Yet noone hears me preach In the night with all its horrors I am more authentic than iv ever been I show myself my life and pain And take off that ever so fake grin

2 replies
User Profile: Samantha80
Samantha80 February 18th, 2021

@kayla677

Good Job!

User Profile: Samantha80
Samantha80 February 18th, 2021

@kayla677

Awesome!

load more
User Profile: juliak1968
juliak1968 February 15th, 2021
User Profile: danielioan
danielioan February 15th, 2021

To His Lady by Leopardi

Beloved beauty who inspires
love in me from afar, your face obscured
except when your celestial image
stirs my heart in sleep, or in the fields
where light and nature's laughter shine more lovely—
was it maybe you who blessed
the innocent age called golden,
and do you now, blithe spirit,
fly among men? Or does that miser fate
who hides you from us save you for the future?

No hope of seeing you alive
remains for me now,
except when, naked and alone,
my soul will go down a new street
to its unknown home. Already at the dawn
of my dark, uncertain day
I imagined you a fellow traveler
on this arid ground. But there's no thing
that resembles you on earth. And if someone
had a face like yours, in act and word she'd be,
though something like you, far less beautiful.

In spite of all the suffering
fate decreed for human time,
if there were anyone on earth
who truly loved you as my thought depicts you,
this life for him would be a blessing.
And I see clearly how your love
would lead me still to strive for praise and virtue,
as I used to in my early years.
Though heaven gave no comfort for our troubles,
yet with you mortal life would be
like what in heaven leads to divinity.

In the valleys, where the song
of the weary farmer sounds,
and when I sit and mourn
the illusions of youth fading,
and on the hills where I recall
and grieve for my lost desires
and my life's lost hope, I think of you
and start to shake. If only I, in this
sad age and unhealthy atmosphere,
could keep hold of your noble look; for since the real thing's
missing I must make do with the image.

Whether you are the only one
of the eternal ideas eternal wisdom
refuses to see arrayed in sensible form
to know the pains of mortal life
in transitory spoils,
or if in the supernal spheres another earth
from among unnumbered worlds receives you
and a near star lovelier than the Sun
warms you and you breathe benigner ether,
from here, where years are both ill-starred and brief,
accept this hymn from your unnoticed lover.

1 reply
User Profile: Samantha80
Samantha80 February 18th, 2021

@danielioan

This is awesome!

User Profile: sheanemone
sheanemone January 21st, 2023

@danielioan <3


load more
User Profile: Samantha80
Samantha80 February 18th, 2021

Pillow-

I have a blue rabbit pillow,
My sweet little fellow!
I use it as my weeping willow,
Or when my stomach feels shallowIt's soft as a feather,
I can use it in any weather.
Can't stay without it,
Because it is lit!Helps me through my emotions,
Happiness and sleep quotient!
Very strong in a pillow fight,
After all, gives me wonderful nights.

User Profile: Venni
Venni February 22nd, 2021

Sebastian


As the days go by and the nights grow long,
Memories flood back.
I remember when we were young.


Sitting under the oak tree,
Escaping the sun's rays,
We talked till late.
Remember the tree that burned down in May?


We ran through the woods,
Chasing the deer.
They cut down that forest,
Without shedding a tear.


We swam in the stream,
Which laughed and danced,
Along with the chorus of the leaves and plants.


Your dreams were as vast and wide as the earth.
You taught me to listen to the world’s song of mirth.
It sings to those willing to hear,
Telling us there’s nothing to fear.


The other people never understood.
They threw at you sticks and stones and wood.
Yet you smiled ever so bright.
As long as we had each other, it would be alright.


Even when your body was failing,
Your heart was constantly sailing.

You told me not to cry,
You said you would be alright...
I knew this was a lie.


As the sky weeps,
And the sun sleeps,
I shed naught but a tear.

The casket doesn't really flatter you....

~Venni

User Profile: wavesatdawn
wavesatdawn February 23rd, 2021

this is my debut poem - i'm new here, yay for me! - and i hope you guys like it 😊 (i do exclusively free verse btw)

brown fabric couches with shiny gold feet
sparkling white tiled floors
glossy dark green potted plants
a lacquered mahogany desk
the practiced smile on the woman’s face
everything in the lobby polished and perfect
look around
nothing to do but watch and wait
people reading magazines
scrolling through social media accounts
playing Among Us on a tiny screen
playing word games with friends
playing nervously with hair and clothes
no one playing the grand piano, the piano on which a gaze lands
on the leather bench, previously empty, now occupied
imaginary sheets of music adjusted
small hands positioned on teeth of porcelain and obsidian
the silence stepping back curiously as those hands move
tap one quivering key
a three-note chord
press a pedal
play the melody alone
now add the left hand
slow, deliberate chords
take a breath
speed it up
rumbling low chords
louder louder louder louder
crashing, swelling notes fill up the space
everyone’s head turns to the sound
to the thirteen year old girl
sitting at a bench
breaking the silence
breaking the unbearable wait
hushed whispers and video recordings
everyone in the lobby waiting for news of a new life
listening as the music is given life
as the silence bows its head in acknowledgement and admiration
of the notes that now trail off
of the echo lingering in the air
of the half smile on the girl’s face
clapping
uncertain but calmer
“you can come in now”

User Profile: calmingFriend2210
calmingFriend2210 February 24th, 2021


Existing

The days have just flown by

no pause in current nor waves

it flows as I count the days of joy

Those past moments forever in memory

as I wished it could last for an infinity

Life with it's moments cheerful as well bland

Doesn't seem to compare with the huge amounts of suffering had

Why couldn't it be undone and be a cheerful time instead

All this thoughts build inside my head

What could have been done, why me, why anyone.?

As time passes and things come to a close.

I find that through suffering there is repentance as well experience.

I see that life, here is something we should strongly hold.

As I see life's moments holds dear in one part of everyone.

With it comes pain, joy, anger, suffering and so many other emotions.

As time goes by the thoughts of the past

will soon be helpful as life continues.

And to all those alive be glad and rejoice

Life is beautiful and should never go to waste.

A.G

User Profile: aviboot
aviboot June 19th, 2021
Scars over my body
avi v

I’ve got tree scars on my face
About a hundred on the rest of my body
Some are shared, some are hidden
Some are visible, some are inside
They all have a story
A story with pain and happiness
A story about me
Like fish in a sea
Making me whole
Special and unique
Dragging me to my next scar
The next story in my book
Full of fairy tells and tragedy’s
Full of life
Hoping that in the end
The story’s will make my ocean
1 reply
User Profile: aviboot
aviboot June 19th, 2021

@aviboot

sorry, i accidently posted this poem twice on here and don't know how to delete.

load more