Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: benevolentfae12
benevolentfae12 December 16th, 2021

@Hope

Hello! I am a fairly new listener! I want to go into therapy after schooling and this is a great place to just listen to people. I suffer from GAD and depression so I can relate to people who also have those diagnoses. I want to put some hope in people.

User Profile: GlobalBreeze9898
GlobalBreeze9898 December 17th, 2021

@Hope Hi:) I am eager to learn more about being a good listener!

December 18th, 2021

hi everyone good to see you all

User Profile: creativePurple2930
creativePurple2930 December 18th, 2021

Hi I am new listener here.

User Profile: Kinsleyboo1414
Kinsleyboo1414 December 18th, 2021

hey I'm a new 7cups listener :)

1 reply
User Profile: commic
commic December 18th, 2021

@Kinsleyboo1414

me too welcome!

load more
User Profile: kxrri
kxrri December 18th, 2021

heartPlease tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

hi! im here because i love helping people personally, and i happen to have free time on my hands. i like to help with relationships but if anyone comes to me for help, i will not hesitate to try.


i think i just need more advice on how to help, since i am still very new to these experiences.

User Profile: RainbowUnicorn1266
RainbowUnicorn1266 December 19th, 2021

Hi guys!

I have joined this platform today for the first time, my intention was to become a listener to support others through their hard times based on my experience and listening skills.

If you need me you are free to chat to me


Wishing you all the best !! :)

User Profile: simmix16
simmix16 December 22nd, 2021

hi ...i have been on 7 cups for a while now .

i come here when ever i am feeling anxious or dealing with any sort of problem be it academics, be it about breakups or even just feeling lonely or struggling to express myself ..this platform has helped me to open up not just to the listeners but also to go easy on myself

i have seen so much improvement after coming here and i am looking forward to getting better and someday be a listener myself ...i haven't used the platform much so i need to navigate through it

looking forward to spend more time here and connect to more people

it always helps me because i have struggled so much with expressing myself due to fear of judgement but this platform has made me so much more confident


User Profile: onlyjules
onlyjules December 23rd, 2021

Hello! I'm Jules.


I joined 7 Cups yesterday. The reason why is because I want a place to talk about my issues and find people who can possibly relate.


Topics I'd like to seek help for are: School stress (I'm a highschool student), social anxiety, maybe family life, and advice on healthy habits/living a healthy lifestyle.


I'd like to interact with everyone and make some friends. I think just having some support and finding people who understand will help me a lot. :) That's all I have to say, nice to meet you!

2 replies
User Profile: onlytorii
onlytorii December 24th, 2021

@onlyjules Yeah I joined yesterday for basically the same reason and also because I sometimes have a feeling of loneliness, family related issues, having trouble sleeping and eating so hopefully this will be helpful for me

1 reply
User Profile: onlyjules
onlyjules December 24th, 2021

@onlytorii

Hey Torii!

I guess we're both newbies here then. I'm glad (well, not *glad* of course) that we share similar feelings. I also feel pretty lonely these days (for example, i'm homeschooled now bcuz of covid. Rip) and also just coping with these issues alone in general can feel isolating, if u know what i mean.

Also, sorry to hear you're having troubles sleeping and eating. The past few months I've also been suffering from insomnia. I really hope you can find some solutions and encouragement to help relieve those problems!

Not gonna lie, i still feel a bit of doubt when it comes to using 7 Cups. Or any online communities. But I think as long as I'm surrounded by people trying to get better and supporting one another, that's enough 'motivation' for me rn.

I appreciate your reply and I hope we can learn some helpful things here and receive the support we wish. Sending warm greetings!

load more
load more
User Profile: Tom9
Tom9 December 24th, 2021

Hi, my name is Tom. I signed up a few weeks ago and began looking at the self-help. I have not done very much since. I have had therapists tell me in recent months that I need to stop isolating and reach out to others. While it is difficult, I hope to break out of my shell. I have had issues sleeping most of my life. A recent MRI and sleep study showed very minor issues that are not enough to have sleep deprivation. I meditate regularly, which can help, but it does not seem like enough. Hopefully becoming more social will help. I also hope my experiences will be able to help others.