Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: MarsBar2789
MarsBar2789 March 1st, 2022

Hi I'm Mars, one of my friends recommended me this, so I decided to try it out, and everyone seems nice :) I have ADHD, and sometimes I like to rant about my hobbies and interests. I also am a transgender male, and have been struggling with the way I get treated by my parents because of that and in general.

1 reply
User Profile: rommebai000
rommebai000 March 1st, 2022

Hello mars and welcome to 7cups. I am so glad you are here. Talking about your feelings is very hard and you should consider it a big accomplishment. I too have been struggling with my identity and am here if you need to talk. I may not always respond right away but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

load more
User Profile: Powerpuffgirl2468
Powerpuffgirl2468 March 1st, 2022

Hi everyone, I have just joined 7 Cups of tea and my experience so far has been great!

User Profile: Brko44
Brko44 March 2nd, 2022

Hi I'm brko. I feel lonely a lot, mid 30s, unmotivated, pretty sure I also have ADD.

Here to figure out why im sad and lonely a lot and how to get work done.

User Profile: Maebius
Maebius March 2nd, 2022

Hello all. I'm Maebius, just exploring this app and finding the chat quite nice and helpful thus far. I juat moved, so am in that 'need to find locals to bwfriend' as a middle aged guy, which is tricky when you don't do Bars and stuff (recovering from booze and depression/anxiety)

Nice to meet all y'all :)


User Profile: greenhusky
greenhusky March 3rd, 2022

I joined to be a supportive hand to those in need. I did not always have people willing to listen to me, so I know what it's like to feel unheard. I hope I can make an impact on someone through this platform!

User Profile: Rixy11
Rixy11 March 4th, 2022

I am studying psychology and joined to listen to people in need. Nowadays we are more or less socially distant from each other and being able to talk to someone can be very helpful getting through tough times. So it is a good cause for me to participate as a Listener.

1 reply
User Profile: seniorlady
seniorlady March 4th, 2022

@Rixy11 Hi Rixy! How far are you in your studies? Psychology and psychiatry is a favorite topic of mine.

load more
User Profile: ikinisabelamadrigal
ikinisabelamadrigal March 4th, 2022

Heya! I'm Lisa and I've heard of this forum from pinterest. I would consider myself cheerful and happy for the most part, but I live in a homophobic household(i'm bi and I have to do suppress myself) and sometimes feel too much pressure on myself to be perfect. I'm looking forward to meeting new people here!

User Profile: jjuly1034
jjuly1034 March 4th, 2022

hello my name is jjuly1034 i am having trouble with teen depression

1 reply
User Profile: MysticAura444
MysticAura444 March 5th, 2022

Welcome! I’m glad you’re here and I’m proud of you for having self awareness and the ability to reach out for support and understanding ❤️

load more
User Profile: seniorlady
seniorlady March 4th, 2022

Looking for fellow socially awkward people that can relate to having difficulty making and keeping friends due to what seem to be autistic tendencies. I don't make eye contact with others because it feels very intrusive of their space. It feels rude, and I don't understand how it doesn't feel rude to other people. When I meet someone new that I like, I overshare almost immediately. I hate small talk and prefer to get into deep subjects. I tend to be argumentative, challenging the positions of others, beyond what is apparently appropriate. My uncle calls me hard nosed. I had to look that up! I had no idea what that meant. Oxford Languages has the informal definition as "realistic and determined; tough-minded." which I take as a compliment. But the Your Dictionary thesaurus suggests synonyms of "unyielding, hard-headed, obstinate, resolute, bull-headed, hard-boiled, hardheaded, inflexible, mulish, obdurate, and pigheaded." A bit more harsh, but in all honesty, they do describe me. So, I don't have trouble intruding on other peoples' mental spaces, just their physical spaces. Resisting the impulse to speak my mind is one of my biggest challenges. Verbal aggression when feeling very stressed is my second biggest challenge. These two challenges have caused estrangement from family members at different times in my life. I am currently estranged from my adult son, going on 7 years. It breaks my heart, but I understand.

User Profile: reesemc18
reesemc18 March 4th, 2022

@Hope

Hi! I joined 7 Cups as a listener because I find it extremely important to give voices to those who would are in need of support. I know what it feels like not to have anyone there for them and I want to be that person who is always there for somebody else.