Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: KaeKay
KaeKay July 6th, 2022

@Hope So glad to be a part of the 7Cups Community!

User Profile: datamasterchief
datamasterchief July 6th, 2022

@Hope I learned about 7Cups through Carefirst while signing up for benefits this year. I have been learning about anxiety and mindfulness over the last year or two. I have come to realize that I too have anxiety but didn't realize it was called that. I have been a chronic worrier all of my life and I have finally decided to develop better-coping skills. I tend to bend my friends and families' ears off when I have an episode which doesn't often help. I am hoping to make some friends and learn to handle life's dilemma's better.

User Profile: MiaPiaPie
MiaPiaPie July 6th, 2022

Hello all! Very happy to join this vibrant community of humans who care deeply for other humans :)!

User Profile: NoProtocol
NoProtocol July 7th, 2022

@Hope I was talking to a friend about sometimes wanting someone to just listen, and they recommended this place. So here I am.

User Profile: Andy1022
Andy1022 July 7th, 2022

Welcome!!!


User Profile: antico
antico July 7th, 2022

Heya everyone ! ^.^

I'm antico, but you can call me Anna (Annie, Ann). After suffering a stress related mental breakdown, I was suffering from what first looked like mental exhaustion, but as time went on it gotten worse, ofc as a amab I tried to cope with this on my own, but it reached a point where I could barely function, luckily I have a guardian angel in a form of a very close friend who noticed I wasn't feeling well and said she arranged a psychiatrist appointment on standby whenever I was ready, about a month ago I couldn't keep a grip on reality anymore and told her I was ready. We went in and after a 2.5 hour session the preliminary diagnosis was gender dysphoria. It was a hard pill to swallow at first, I wanted to hear I was depressed, that I'm gonna take some meds, go into therapy, and things will go back to normal. Unfortunately this isn't a sickness, there are only 2 ways out (basically 1 to be honest), you can either accept it or not (which obviously isn't really an option). I knew from an early age that something was off, but gotten very good at pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, yet since the mental breakdown all those barriers had crumbled and all those bottled emotions and thoughts spilled over like a broken dam, and I had no resolve to push them back. The doctor said that my female mind is at war with my male body, and recommended I seek a therapist to help me resolve this inner conflict. I'm in my 30s, so I got a bit going on in my life, I don't know how will this change affect my professional and social life.

Apart from that, I'm a massive nerd, been playing various MMOs for over 20 years, wristwatch collector (I got 5 different timepieces and plan on buying more), whisky connoisseur (got over 30 different bottles of various single malts), Formula 1 fan (Max Verstappen fangirl) and metal fangirl (djent anyone ?)

User Profile: SweetPresence6837
SweetPresence6837 July 7th, 2022

Interesting :)

User Profile: Lovenonia
Lovenonia July 7th, 2022

Hey! I am here to help people n be a good listener. Cheers to all the listeners!

User Profile: LinaListens2u
LinaListens2u July 7th, 2022

Great option!

User Profile: akchritk
akchritk July 8th, 2022

Hello, my name is Andrew. Pronouns He/They and I have been trying to get control of my mental health. My doctor wants me to do therapy, but I can't afford it at all, so trying this and think it'll be a good fit. I'm in the LGBT community and sometimes have issues accepting myself, as well as other issues with depression and anxiety. This community seems like a very positive area from what I've seen so far, so I'm looking forward to it!